Author Topic: Palin splits with neocon advisers  (Read 1552 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Palin splits with neocon advisers
« on: May 04, 2011, 05:40:07 AM »
Sarah Palin has parted ways with the neoconservative foreign policy advisers who had been writing speeches and advising her on policy since she joined the McCain campaign.

An aide to Palin, Tim Crawford, confirmed that Orion Strategies' Randy Scheunemann and Michael Goldfarb are no longer working for her PAC. They parted, both sides said on good terms.

H/T Rigpa

I believe this is a move in the right direction.

Link.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Palin splits with neocon advisers
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 07:13:24 AM »
It shows she has reached a point of maturation and a growing comfort with her own views, I view this as a positive.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 08:39:56 AM »
That's been hanging around her neck.

Good move and...

Run, Sarah, Run!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 08:48:05 AM »
I think it's interesting how the "neo-con" approach to foreign policy is being roundly refudiated (it's in the dictionary now, thanks Sarah). I have to admit after 9/11 I was all about bringing the world to justice with righteous force. But I think the folly of that has become apparent over time, and the classic conservative foreign policy approach of default non-interventionism in the absence of national security interest is making a strong comeback.

Conservatives can still reclaim that ground, and it is nice to see Palin moving in that direction.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 09:38:47 AM »
The neocon approach to foreign policy has not been to bring justice with force; it's been to win hearts and minds and spread "democracy".  Islam will never be democratized until it stops being islam.

Better to take off and nuke 'em from orbit.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 12:12:01 PM »
The neocon approach to foreign policy has not been to bring justice with force; it's been to win hearts and minds and spread "democracy".  Islam will never be democratized until it stops being islam.

Our interstellar delivery system is a secret.  Only a select few heads of state are aware of our capability to pinpoint surgical attacks from space.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 12:20:15 PM »

Our interstellar delivery system is a secret.  Only a select few heads of state are aware of our capability to pinpoint surgical attacks from space.

Hmm.  You think they'd talk?   ::evilbat::

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 12:34:45 PM »

Hmm.  You think they'd talk?   ::evilbat::
sh*t they can't even get their story straight about Obama oops Usama.   hehehe
I'd be more worried about their usual misdirection and hitting the wrong F'n target! ::doh::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 12:40:41 PM »
Speaking of that, I noticed the sudden increase in frequency of the "Usama" variation of his name. Since I don't think anything is a coincidence with these media slime, I think this conspicuous use of "Usama" is driven by a desire to plant a subconscious barrier between the very similar "Obama". I've decided to start calling him Barack Ubama.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 12:44:11 PM »
Speaking of that, I noticed the sudden increase in frequency of the "Usama" variation of his name. Since I don't think anything is a coincidence with these media slime, I think this conspicuous use of "Usama" is driven by a desire to plant a subconscious barrier between the very similar "Obama". I've decided to start calling him Barack Ubama.

The "news" reader on 106.1 FM always calls him Oobama.

I think the media's trying to avoid saying Obama for Osama; this morning Beck played the recorded instances of them doing just that they past two days, there were a multitude.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 12:58:15 PM »
Yes, there's been tons of talking heads at every news outlet confusing Obama and Osama. It's quite easy to do, of course. And as mentioned in another thread, it's not just the almost identical spelling, I think what really bothers his media sycophants is that his name is a continual reminder of his "otherness". They can speak glowingly about multiculturalism all they want, I think they know that Americans still can't help but take note of the peculiarity of our President having a name that is so easy to confuse with a Middle Eastern Islamic terrorist.

How many people on September 12th, 2001 would have believed we'd have a president named Barack Hussein Obama in just a few years? I'm still struck by it every time I hear it uttered or see it printed, but then I guess I'm not like the average voter.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 01:04:47 PM »
Muslims murdered 3000, using our planes, destroying a major part of NYC and a large piece of the Pentagon and seven years later Americans elected a president with a muslim name.

I think about that often, in light of islamic incursions into our institutions, and wonder if most of the country hasn't gone bugsht UNsane.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 01:08:12 PM »
Muslims murdered 3000, using our planes, destroying a major part of NYC and a large piece of the Pentagon and seven years later Americans elected a president with a muslim name.

I think about that often, in light of islamic incursions into our institutions, and wonder if most of the country hasn't gone bugsht UNsane.

::thumbsup::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 01:52:43 PM »

right on

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."