Author Topic: White House changes Osama bin Laden account  (Read 951 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
White House changes Osama bin Laden account
« on: May 04, 2011, 07:12:23 AM »
How many times is this now?  Three?

Updated: 5/4/11 5:39 AM EDT

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney on Tuesday publicly revised the administration’s account of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, telling reporters that the Al Qaeda leader wasn’t armed during the assault and didn’t use one of his wives as a shield.

On Monday evening, the White House had backed away from key details in its narrative about the raid, including claims by senior U.S. officials that bin Laden had a weapon and may have fired it during a gun battle with U.S. forces.

Officials also retreated from claims that one of bin Laden’s wives was killed in the raid.

Carney read a statement to reporters Tuesday seeking to clarify discrepancies. He said bin Laden “was not armed.” When a U.S. “assaulter” approached bin Laden, the Al Qaeda leader’s “wife” rushed the assaulter. That woman was shot but not killed, Carney said.

“What is true,” Carney said, is that “we provided a great deal of information with great haste.”

“Obviously, some of the information was — came in piece by piece and is being reviewed and updated and elaborated upon,” he said.

Carney told reporters that “resistance does not require a firearm” but directed questions about how bin Laden “resisted” to the Pentagon.

Carney’s clarification came after a day when the administration’s account had appeared to change but had not been publicly corrected.

At a televised White House briefing Monday afternoon, Deputy National Security Adviser John Brennan had said bin Laden joined in the fight that several residents of the Abbottabad, Pakistan, compound put up against the Navy SEALs during the 40-minute operation.

“He [bin Laden] was engaged in a firefight with those that entered the area of the house he was in. And whether or not he got off any rounds, I quite frankly don’t know,” Brennan said.

As Carney clarified the White House narrative Tuesday, he noted that there is a discrepancy in the number of floors in the compound that the team stormed.

“Even I’m getting confused,” Carney said.

::facepalm::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: White House changes Osama bin Laden account
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 07:16:55 AM »
An anonymous source also indicated that U.S. Intelligence was actually led to Bin Laden's hideout by a U.P.S. truck making a Net Flix delivery .  ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 07:38:18 AM »
First, everybody has to understand what a empty-headed over-paid in-over-his-head moron little Jay is.

Second, accounts vary for two reasons - eagerness in reporting something when all of the facts are not fully known (a mistake) and eagerness in reporting information that you think people want to hear (sanitized, and still prone to mistakes).  It is obvious to me that The Regime is loath to call this what it was, a straight kill mission, getting twisted up over resistance armed or otherwise shouldn't matter a damn...we went in to slay the bastard, we slew him.  The Regime, being the multi-culti/diversity/pc baboons they are, are incapable of stating things in simple, direct and accurate ways...they have to massage the information...but that takes time, and in cases like this where info is flowing fast and all facts may not be known after 15 minutes or 15 hours (there are debriefings and after-action reports to process) time may not always be available...so they run with what they got...and the form they put it in!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 04:23:21 PM »
It's one of those "It makes sense if you don't think about it" thingies. ::puke::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 04:41:58 PM »
First, everybody has to understand what a empty-headed over-paid in-over-his-head moron little Jay is.

Second, accounts vary for two reasons - eagerness in reporting something when all of the facts are not fully known (a mistake) and eagerness in reporting information that you think people want to hear (sanitized, and still prone to mistakes).  It is obvious to me that The Regime is loath to call this what it was, a straight kill mission, getting twisted up over resistance armed or otherwise shouldn't matter a damn...we went in to slay the bastard, we slew him.  The Regime, being the multi-culti/diversity/pc baboons they are, are incapable of stating things in simple, direct and accurate ways...they have to massage the information...but that takes time, and in cases like this where info is flowing fast and all facts may not be known after 15 minutes or 15 hours (there are debriefings and after-action reports to process) time may not always be available...so they run with what they got...and the form they put it in!

Yeah, and they made up shtuff too.
 ::pimp::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 05:24:44 PM »
Kind of blows away the mission statement of kill or capture doesn't it?Why they even used capture is beyond me. But the men from the Seal team did the right thing by killing his ass and be done with it. Dumping his body into the ocean was a good move the whole funeral thing was a waste of time.

I do with they had rubbed the bullets in pork fat though.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie