Author Topic: Scott Walker cuts Univ. Wisconsin budget and eliminates tenure  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Scott Walker continues to demonstrate how to actually fight the Left.  After much fighting, the University of Wisconsin has resigned itself to the 250 million dollar funding cut in Walker's budget.  He is also signing the bill that eliminates statutory tenure for professors there.  Wisconsin was the only state in the country where university tenure was protected by statute.

The Left will no doubt hurl their predictable accusations about him being a dropout, an anti-intellectual philistine, blah blah blah.  Tenure was originally used to protect scholars from retaliation over controversial research and opinions, but is now largely just publicly funded sinecure for professors of bullsh*t hyphenated studies.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/11/walker-wins-new-budget-will-repeal-university-tenure/
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Scott Walker cuts Univ. Wisconsin budget and eliminates tenure
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 06:28:47 PM »
   I like they way that boy does things.   ::whoohoo::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Scott Walker cuts Univ. Wisconsin budget and eliminates tenure
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 07:50:58 PM »
He is the rare politician (especially on this end of the spectrum) whose deeds match words.   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.