Author Topic: Sodomites produce blasphemous "Queen James Bible"  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Sodomites produce blasphemous "Queen James Bible"
« on: July 14, 2015, 12:39:34 PM »
http://conservativepost.com/new-bible-translation-queen-james-bible-eliminates-homosexuality-as-sin-because-it-insults-gays/

Don’t like the Bible and its TRUTH? Well, you could just create your own version. At least that’s what a homosexual group has done.

The world’s first “gay friendly” Bible [book] has been published as the “Queen James Bible.”

Multiple verses throughout the book have been rewritten to please the LGBTQ community and gay churches.

The website promoting the book says, “The Queen James Bible resolves any homophobic interpretations of the Bible…We wanted to make a book filled with the word of God that nobody could use to incorrectly condemn God’s LGBT children, and we succeeded.”

What they have succeeded in doing is misrepresenting the word of God.

Here’s some examples of what they terribly did:

1. Leviticus 18:22

KJV: Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.

QJV: Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind in the temple of Molech: it is an abomination. (Page 75)

2. Leviticus 20:13

KJV: If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

QJV: If a man also lie with mankind in the temple of Molech, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (Page 76)

3. Romans 1:26

KJV: For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against their nature.

QJV: Their women did change their natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, left of the natural use of the woman, burned in ritual lust, one toward another. (Page 545)

4. Romans 1:27

KJV: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

QJV: Men with men working that which is pagan and unseemly. For this cause God gave the idolators up unto vile affections, receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. (Page 545)

THIS IS AN ABOMINATION!

Let’s them hear this warning from the HOLY SCRIPTURE:

Revelation 22:18-19

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Please SHARE!!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Sodomites produce blasphemous "Queen James Bible"
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 12:58:01 PM »
I totally agree that this is utter blasphemy - unacceptable re-writing of Holy text to justify perversion that is anathema to everything the text stands for.

But it sparks memory of another conversation I've had regarding Rev: 22: 18-19. And that is, what is the "book" of which said prophecies are not to be altered?

I don't mean to take this on a tangent from the get-go, but I do find it to be an interesting theological question.

Of course, the common interpretation is that the book in question is "The Bible", and that John was admonishing against alterations to it. But the Bible did not exist at the time of John's Revelation. John's Revelation was added to the Bible upon its compilation. SO it has always seemed to me that the admonition in Rev: 22 was specifically meant to warn against altering the God-given prophecy contained in John's Revelation, and extrapolating it to cover the entire Bible is treading on shaky ground.

Of course, I am against altering the rest of the bible too. But I have wondered before about using that verse as my reasoning for my opposition. I oppose alterations on a more fundamental/practical basis, rather than the doctrine often used from Revelation 22.

Thoughts?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 01:17:04 PM »
No sooner had I read the thread's title, than the verse from Revelation came to mind.

I could change words around, too:

Commandment #6: You shall not murder

Rewritten: You shall not murder any heterosexually oriented human. Do what you like with wayward faggots, whose practices I detest, sayeth the Lord.

Let the faggots re-write it to their heart's content...I have to endure that for only a season; but am secure in the knowledge that they'll burn/fry in Hell for....eternity.
#Ouch!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 01:37:57 PM »

Thoughts?

Revelation could mean the Revelation prophecy only; but the Word mentions in several places that we shouldn't change God's words:

Deuteronomy 4:2 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+4%3A2&version=KJV
Psalms 119: 160 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalms+119%3A+160&version=KJV
Proverbs 30:5-6 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+30%3A5-6&version=KJV
2 Tim 4:3 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Tim+4%3A3&version=KJV

...and other places too, I'm sure, making it clear that God doesn't want us tweaking His work.

Jesus quotes Deuteronomy, Isaiah, et al in the New Testament...so, while the Bible we have today may have not been formally written...the scrolls, parchments, tablets, etc. were around & taught/studied in the temples.

But again, let 'em rewrite to their hearts content. Their day is coming...and talk about global, uhm...warming*!

Luke 16:20-26 King James Version (KJV) (No Queens)

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame*.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things++, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

++(like enjoying rewritten scripture to accommodate your perversion)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:44:34 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 01:48:08 PM »
Thoughts?

"Liberalism (and its homosexual manifestation) is a mental disorder"

The one (singular) thing that I find comforting in all of this is that, as they are compelled by their disorder to do, they are over-reaching. In doing so they guarantee their crash~n~burn to be soon, and to be spectacular.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 02:13:07 PM »
What's your take specifically on Rev 22 Pablo? Do you think it's speaking of the whole Bible, or specifically of John's revelation?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 02:51:18 PM »
I think it is definitely the latter IDP.  But in general, like you I am against willy nilly alterations of any part of the bible, Old or New Testaments.

It is why I went with the Geneva Bible, I think a gathering of smart folks back then who were closer to ancient Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic knew enough to get as near perfect a translation as any...in succeeding generations there is always the risk of losing original text, context and intent.  Plus, probably less moonbat ideologically driven tools back then compared to now days...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 03:21:16 PM »
Of course, I am against altering the rest of the bible too. But I have wondered before about using that verse as my reasoning for my opposition. I oppose alterations on a more fundamental/practical basis, rather than the doctrine often used from Revelation 22.

Thoughts?

How do you think this applies to, for instance, those books that remain in Catholic Bibles but not in others, i.e. the Apocrypha?  Martin Luther omitted them, so did Judaism.  But who is right and how can we know?

It's depressingly easy to find people engaged in all manner of bitter disputes over technicalities.  Some people and institutions have very legalistic, obscurantist views of Christianity.  I like to take heart in the central premise of Christianity: "For God so loved the world He sent His only begotten Son..." and I think (hope) it really is just that simple.

What they've done, however, with this blaspheme is to try and ratify their sinfulness.  We are all sinners and we all require Christ to cover the debt we can never pay ourselves, but at the same time we are supposed to struggle with our sinfulness, not rewrite the Bible so that sin is no longer sin.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 03:37:43 PM »
What's your take specifically on Rev 22 Pablo? Do you think it's speaking of the whole Bible, or specifically of John's revelation?

I'd say it pertains specifically to the Revelation prophecy - which John scribed, but is Jesus' revelation. As I mentioned earlier, Moses gave a similar warning to the Jewish people in Deuteronomy; & Proverbs + Psalms also give similar admonitions...making it a theme:
Yo, don't tweak the text!

As a general, personal rule - if the Bible says "Do this or don't do that"...I try to adhere...regardless of where it says to do/don't do the thing. I know homos like to equate the Hebraic laws governing shellfish, mixed material garments & farm animal yoking with their perversion...but some were customs, some analogies (don't be unequally yoked) & one in particular labeled "abomination" and spoken about again & again in the New Testament; God basically saying "Hey I didn't design that to be used like that - so don't do that."

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 03:49:52 PM »
It could be thought of this way: let's say Ford has an auto manual that on page 278 says "Do not pour corn syrup into the crankcase of the 2016 Taurus."

They would specifically mean that car...but it'd be a good idea not to pour it into the crankcase of ANY vehicle.  ;)

Offline Magnum

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 05:55:49 PM »
Revelation represents the closing of all that the Lord wanted contained in the Bible and thus gave John the final warning about adding/deleting from this book. I believe He was referring not only to Revelation but to the Bible as a whole in principle..........the written Old and the New Testament of scripture that was to be future.

As Pablo so rightly says the warning serves as a principle for tampering with God's words in any way. In addition to this warning specifically to the readers of Revelation, Scripture notes in Deuteronomy 4:2, "Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you" (NIV). Deuteronomy 12:32 adds, "See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it" (NIV)

In Proverbs 30:5-6 we read, "Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar" (NIV).

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 09:12:20 PM »
A common theme that I run into fairly often talking with unbelievers, is their belief that the Old Testament is either to be taken 100% or 0%. Paul wrote in II Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

In order to rightly divide the word of truth, one must first be able to look at the Word in it's proper context. Certainly, there are scriptures condoning the stoning of an adulteress, not taking all the eggs from a nest, etc., but what context do we need to consider these scriptures in? I am most certainly NOT condoning self-justification of ANY sin, and the "scriptures" in the OP are most certainly blasphemous.

The issue of the Old Testament is that it was written by Bronze Age Hebrews, and the Law should be divided into it's three complementary parts: Civil Law, Ritual Law, and Moral Law.

Civil Law is that part of the Law given to establish the necessary order for the Hebrews/Isrealites to build a monotheistic society based on the precepts of God's given Word. As I am not a Bronze Age Hebrew, I am not required to stone my wife to death should I catch her in the act of adultery, however satisfying I would imagine that would be in such a situation  ::unknowncomic:: . We have laws and statutes enacted to provide justice for many such issues/examples.

Ritual Law was that pertaining to Judaism. Pure and simple. As a Christian, I am no longer obligated to offer up blood sacrifices, wave offerings, etc. to atone for my sins. Jesus hung on a cross and shed His blood that I could be free of that burden.

Finally, we come to Moral Law.

These are things that define morality and who we should be as people, formed in the image of God. The Ten Commandments make up the foundation of the Moral Law. Also we have commandments from God in the form of admonishments against certain activities, such as homosexuality, idol worship, human sacrifice, etc.

Another thing to consider is to read the New Testament scriptures and compare them to the Old Testament, and a lot of what is written in the Old Testament (under the Law) is still applicable to us today as Christians. Only the Ritual Law can be discounted. Even at that, the Ritual Law still shows us an insight to how the spiritual realm functions.

The priests had to cleanse and check themselves before entering into certain areas of the temple proper. Even us, as Christians must cleanse ourselves from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 says that "...If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Jesus also represented the sacrificial lamb, in that He was pure and "no guile was found in his mouth". The priests had to check the sacrifices for defects, sickness, discoloration, etc. before offering them to God, at the risk of their own lives.

Hopefully I made a point in there somewhere, and didn't just ramble on aimlessly... But to reiterate, there is absolutely zero justification for what these people have tried to do to God's Word.

Just one more scripture, and I'll get off my soapbox...

II Timothy 2:19 KJV
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from inquity.
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 07:34:56 AM »
I think we have a consensus on all points!   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.