Author Topic: UT joining the Confederate History Hate-Fest and throw in Wilson for sport  (Read 2793 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Could care less about Wilson...

http://libertyunyielding.com/2015/08/11/university-of-texas-urged-to-remove-statue-of-woodrow-wilson/

...but the continued irrational dismantling of history just pees me off.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Why don't we just get it over with and tear down Mt Rushmore.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
But the report also notes that if they start tearing down every Confederate statue, they may have to purge the entire early history of the campus.

No problem for the progs.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.

http://libertyunyielding.com/2015/08/11/university-of-texas-urged-to-remove-statue-of-woodrow-wilson/

Au contraire re: Wilson.  He first introduced progregressivism into the US government and resegregated Federal offices.  I don't so much hold the latter against him, although the Democrats need to take the hit for their hypocrisy and projection on that point, but Wilson's legacy needs to take a bad beatin' for the former.  That era in history needs not be dismantled, it needs proper correction.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Au contraire re: Wilson.  He first introduced progregressivism into the US government and resegregated Federal offices.  I don't so much hold the latter against him, although the Democrats need to take the hit for their hypocrisy and projection on that point, but Wilson's legacy needs to take a bad beatin' for the former.  That era in history needs not be dismantled, it needs proper correction.

We're on the same page, when I said I could care less about Wilson I meant I could care less any disparagement he might receive and I took it as an insult both in the attempt to lump he and brave Confederates like Lee as one-in-the-same as well as whoever's lame brain idea it was to put a statue of Wilson there to begin with.  If they had put a statue of that fool there and had him pointing to a statue of Satan and Wilson saying "My inspiration", fine, but they didn't do that did they?  IMO if not for Wilson the Proregressive movement would not have received the jump start it enjoyed and FDR would not have been able to get away with so much of what he did if not for the groundwork laid by that jackass!

Offline richb

• Established Member
Wilson,  at least,  was a real full blown racist, unlike most of the other targets.   Likely one of the most racist presidents ever,  and didn't go out of his way to hide it either.   RE-segregated most of the federal government after some of his predecessors had de-segregated portions. 

Always been an odd choice for a "favorite" of BO's due to Wilson's history.   Wonder if Barry even knows or if he really is that ignorant.   

It's "progressivism" in a nutshell.  Accuse others of racism, when at the same time being the most racist.   

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Wilson,  at least,  was a real full blown racist, unlike most of the other targets.   Likely one of the most racist presidents ever,  and didn't go out of his way to hide it either.   RE-segregated most of the federal government after some of his predecessors had de-segregated portions. 

Always been an odd choice for a "favorite" of BO's due to Wilson's history.   Wonder if Barry even knows or if he really is that ignorant.   

It's "progressivism" in a nutshell.  Accuse others of racism, when at the same time being the most racist.   

(I just know I'm gonna P off somebody  ::devil::)

The thing that bothered me most about Glenn Beck (before he went cuckoo) was his Cliff's Notes understanding of history. It was obvious that he had gathered what he "knew" second-hand instead of disciplined research. You could tell because the depth of his knowledge was paper-thin. He gets much of the sloganistic facts right, but he falls apart when he tries to explain the principles behind a lot of history.

(Here's the part where I P people off ::devil:: ::devil::)

Øbongo is very much like Beck in this regard. Øbongo "knows" stuff, but his understanding of things is sophomoric. The truly offensive thing is that when he lectures he's usually the most ignorant one in the room. I suspect that someone told Øbongo some factoid about Wilson and he stuck it away for a time when he could impress us all with his intellectual prowess (gag....spit).

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Not a Beck fan, soooooooooo .... not me.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Not I as well.

While Obongo is several orders of magnitude worse than even than the Beckster, it is a valid comparison to make.