Author Topic: Liberal angst over celebrating bin Laden's assassination  (Read 2343 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Liberal angst over celebrating bin Laden's assassination
« on: May 03, 2011, 10:24:48 AM »
Liberals Sickened by 'USA! USA!' Chants

USA! USA! is the wrong response

...When we lose the sadness part -- when all we do is happily scream "USA! USA! USA!” at news of yet more killing in a now unending back-and-forth war -- it’s a sign we may be inadvertently letting the monsters win.

Killing of bin Laden: What are the consequences?

...And then there's the notion that America has once again proved its greatness and preeminence by killing bin Laden. Americans are marching in the street celebrating with a sense of national pride. When is the last time that happened? It seems telling that hunting someone down and killing them is one of the few things that still produce these feelings of nationalistic unity. I got on an airplane last night before the news of bin Laden's killing was known and had actually intended to make this point with regard to our killing of Gadaffi's son in Libya -- a mere 25 years after President Reagan bombed Libya and killed Gadaffi's infant daughter. That is something the U.S. has always done well and is one of the few things it still does well....

Celebrating bin Laden’s killing: It’s complicated

A generation of young Americans slammed the door Monday on the great big boogeyman of their childhoods with an epic woot-woot and rounds and rounds of “U.S.A.!”... It felt a little crazy, a bit much. Almost vulgar...

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Liberal angst over celebrating bin Laden's assassination
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 10:30:27 AM »
I don't remember what these various azzholes had to say about the 'slims passing out candy and treats in celebration right after 9-11, do you?

Was that classified as nationalistic?  Vulgar?

Is there any normal, human impulse put forth by my decent countrymen that isn't worth of denigration by this ilk?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »
Your hardcore leftists is one diseased POS, that will never change.

That it their Dear Leader is claiming this as a good thing that he did must really churn their black guts, eh?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 11:27:46 AM »
Hanging around with those pukes would make my flesh crawl .

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 11:58:15 AM »
What are the consequences???? The same as they have been for centuries. The "Religion of Peace" will continue the jihad on the infidels. ::jihadnanner::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 01:04:52 PM »
Liberals were sickened by USA! USA! chants before we killed bin ladin.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 01:06:25 PM »
Liberals were sickened by USA! USA! chants before we killed bin ladin.

True dat. This just gives them another excuse to say what they always say.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 06:01:17 PM »
After Beirut and Reagan bringing us home  ::gaah::(Bad call IMHO) We (In the Corps) started saying (well maybe before that)But still, Kill them all ::rockets:: ::laserkill:: and let God sort them out! ::evil::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Thresherman

• Likes the place
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 03:09:03 PM »
Well. at least these ones are being consistant.  The ones I have issue with are those who now are cheering Obama for something that they would have demanded a war crimes trial for Bush on.  Suddenly summary capital punishment, invading sovereign nations, waterboarding, no congressional oversight, the use of "Cheney's Death Squad" and a host of other liberal memes from the past decade are down the memory hole.  If we could sell the irony in this at scrap iron prices, we could balance the Federal Budget.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 03:15:30 PM »
Well. at least these ones are being consistant.  The ones I have issue with are those who now are cheering Obama for something that they would have demanded a war crimes trial for Bush on.  Suddenly summary capital punishment, invading sovereign nations, waterboarding, no congressional oversight, the use of "Cheney's Death Squad" and a host of other liberal memes from the past decade are down the memory hole.  If we could sell the irony in this at scrap iron prices, we could balance the Federal Budget.

Isn't that the truth. The contortions they're putting themselves through to support this assassination after a decade of wailing and teeth-gnashing against it is really something to see.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Thresherman

• Likes the place
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 03:33:38 PM »
Since liberals view all Republicans as stupid and evil and all Liberals as smart and good, whatever a Republican does is stupid and evil in their eyes and whatever a Liberal does is smart and good.  It is this absurdly narrow world view that shields them from having to face their blatant hypocrisy.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 07:14:31 PM »
Since liberals view all Republicans as stupid and evil and all Liberals as smart and good, whatever a Republican does is stupid and evil in their eyes and whatever a Liberal does is smart and good.  It is this absurdly narrow world view that shields them from having to face their blatant hypocrisy.

::thumbsup::