Author Topic: Ford May Bring Back the Bronco and Ranger  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Ford May Bring Back the Bronco and Ranger
« on: August 27, 2015, 10:10:24 AM »
Ford Motor Company is contemplating a return of the Ranger and Bronco series to the United States with production out of the Wayne, Michigan factory that now builds small cars.

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/ford-weighs-u-return-bronco-170520290.html

I don't know about the Bronco as I never owned one or knew people who did, but the Ranger was filling a nice niche as there is really nothing in the small truck market.  I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a Ranger, but what is the employee situation like in Wayne, MI?  Can't be any better than the situation in St.Paul which is where they were made until the shut 'em down.  Sure, St.Paul probably whiter than Wayne, but I bet they could equal if not surpass Wayne in sucking down the chronic and booze.

Anyway, likely just talk.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Ford May Bring Back the Bronco and Ranger
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 01:35:30 PM »
I wish they'd bring back the V-10 Excursion. Mine's getting long in the tooth, and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 02:51:26 PM »
Shameless abuser of Gaia!

Bless your heart!   ::thumbsup::

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 04:05:25 PM »
I wish they'd bring back the V-10 Excursion. Mine's getting long in the tooth, and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Ford (or any major automaker for that matter) will never build such a truck again.  You can thank our all knowing, know better then you,  federal government for that.   

The only way you could have something like it, is to buy a 250-450 series pickup and have a custom shop build it for you.  Bring cash,  lots of it.

At this point,  I will be surprised if Ford offers a V-8 engine in ANYTHING in a decade.  The 150 series pickup is now an aluminum bodied 2.0 liter V-6 turbo! Only one V-8 engine choice left,  and I doubt it will last more then a couple of years.    CAFE is breathing down their necks,  and Ford sells far more pickups then electric Focuses.   

The upcoming GT will not offer a V-8 at all.  Neither will the incoming Lincoln Continental.   Once they can sell enough Mustangs with turbo 4's and V-6's that 8 will be history.  I bet if they build that bronco and ranger they will be aluminum too,  the top engine will be no more then that 2.0 turbo V-6.   More likely turbo 4's.

Even V-6's will be rare and pricey, and sooner then you think.  We are coming into another era of overweight underpowered vehicles.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 05:01:32 PM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 07:23:58 PM »
For that much money, they can go ahead and build it strictly mechanical -- no damn chips or onboard computer.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 09:55:34 PM »
I got a new car a few months ago, and one of the ones I considered for a while was a Ford Explorer.  I was surprised to see that the new ones came with 4 cylinder engines.

Yes, you can wring an impressive amount of power out of small displacement engines these days, with all the electronic direct injection, turbo, etc, but that still seems a bad choice for a truck/SUV.  With those types of vehicles you want an engine that can produce torque without high compression, high engine speed, and all that.  I bet we're going to see that these new small engines are going to wear out prematurely in these heavy duty vehicles.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 11:18:03 AM »
My sister will find out, BIL just bought her the new 150, it is nice, quick and efficient...but we'll see what kind of endurance and durability it has, my sister is not exactly a gentle timid driver!  LOL!

More reason too to crush the E-GOP and then the DemoProgs...get back to sane energy policy, pink-slipped bureaucracy and proper vehicles!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 03:22:37 PM »
Why I bought the Nissan 5.6 v 8. I've pulled my boat with one of the new Ford v6's. It's ok if you live in a state that is flat...unfortunately Tennessee has lots of hills.

I'm considering buying back my 2001 Ford Flareside ( I did love that truck, still know the guy I sold it to), replacing all the worn parts and either rebuilding or dropping a new engine in it. The writing is on the wall....V8's are going away.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.