Author Topic: Why are the Feds blinding the public to air traffic from Florida to Virginia?  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
This is just effing bizzare.  Of all the things we look at and wonder WTF this has to be one of the most overtly suspicious things ever witnessed yet!

A notam issued Sept. 1 announced that, beginning Sept. 2, both ADS-B surveillance and TCAS may be unreliable in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida, as well as in airspace extending approximately 200 nautical miles off shore. The situation is expected to last through Oct. 1 as a result of military exercises in the area.  But similar military exercises in the past have caused no interference with civilian ADS-B or TCAS, and AOPA is asking the FAA to explain both why the notam was issued so late and what has changed to raise these new concerns.

WTF do they know?  WTF are they up to?  WTF can cause the Feds to shut down aircraft tracking (this blinds the public more than anything) and shut down the system that prevents collisions?

Seems to me there is obviously something the Feds do not want the public to see and that there may be some interaction they want to keep a lid on.  That this covers such a wide swath of the East Coast and extends out to territorial waters and lasts through (so they say) at least 10/2 is beyond curious and concerning!

You people in this area, keep your eyes and ears open, pass along info as you are able.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Seems to me there is obviously something the Feds do not want the public to see and that there may be some interaction they want to keep a lid on.  That this covers such a wide swath of the East Coast and extends out to territorial waters and lasts through (so they say) at least 10/2 is beyond curious and concerning!

You people in this area, keep your eyes and ears open, pass along info as you are able.

Possibilities
1)stupidity. Like they are doing war games of some sort and they have people cheating by checking these systems.
2) Trying to hide something leaving - like Arms, troops, or other valuable material
3) trying to hide something coming,  like Syrian "migrants", Foreign troops, or arms and military equipment.
4) trying to hide something being moved -  like Military equipment or troops.
5) Trying to hide something happening in the area - like open conflict with foreign troops, weapons experiments, alien landing
6) a combination of the above.
Have fun guessing!

Fun tidbits form the comments

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2613588/Russian-spy-ship-spotted-Cuba-February-eavesdropping-East-Coast-Gulf-Mexico-month.html
http://sputniknews.com/military/20150907/1026677441.html
http://debka.com/article/24873/Russian-submarine-with-20-ICBMs-and-200-nuclear-warheads-is-sailing-to-Syria

and also this, which I probaly find the most plausible explanation (if it isn't all just BS.  I am not in a position to know)

t'll be Growler 'NG' (New Generation) jammers being tested. Until now all USN Growlers have been using legacy jammers from the EA-6B Prowler program, but NG is at the peak of its Research Development Test & Evaluation (RDT&E) cycle and initial operational integration from 2017 through 2019. Australia ordered 12 of the NG Growlers which have already been built, but are in storage in the US until 2017, awaiting the NG EA system delivery. But aust also built another 12 F model Super Hornets that were pre-wired for the NG system during their production in 2010, so to turn them into full Growlers all you have to do is install the NG PODs and software - cost $35 million per plane to pre-wire them during construction.

But NG is not just a jammer system, it is also passive detection, targeting and attack system that goes way beyond what the F-22A and F-35A can already do electronically in that area, but it feeds its data in real time to both of those aircraft and the entire Network, including ships and NLOS artillery.

So a pretty major upgrade as it will effectively allow each Growler to act like a roving armed JSTARS analogue, with no comparable aircraft anywhere, in much the same way an F-35A's sensors and networking will have an effect like armed roving AWACs.

Note also that the only combat-loaded Western fighter so far that has managed to kill the F-22A in BVR combat exercises is the USN Growler. No one had expected it to be a top-tier 5th gen fighter killer. It's long range passive targeting system and EA attack could not be defeated by the F-22A's own EA, and it got too close to the Growler's AIM-120D and snuffed. No doubt the F-22A fleet have altered their tactics as a result of this lesson i.e. don't get close enough to be hit by a Growler. The problem is the Growler can easily defeat any AIM-120D sent its way by an F-22A, and has to get close to use and AIM-9X (RAAF is installing the AIM-9X Block II and III to make it a fully passive unjammable WVR and BVR attack capability with an IR FLIR detection pod that is cued by its long-range passive integrated detection and tracking system). Put a laser Directed Infra-Red Countermeasure (DIRCM) on the Growler and nothing will be able to hit it with an IR BVR/WVR missile either.

i.e. Growlers were designed to both kill S-300 and S-400 SAMs, and to be a 5th Gen J-20 fighter killer that can also prevent them from using their sensors, weapons and datalinks, and prevent them achieving their mission. In other words, the Growler is the core capability that enables the low observable attack and defense paradigm to operate with extremely high confidence and maximizes its capability.

For instance, when operating with growlers an F-35A will be able to carry both its internal and external weapons load of 15,446 lb of weapons (as opposed to only 4,670 lb of internal weapon load). Which means having Growlers present in the area means the F-35A can carry 330% more weight of attack weapons, from as early as Hour-2 of Day-1 of any a major air attack, and still not be targeted or shot down by SAMs or fighters, thus greatly accelerating the tempo of attacks and effects accumulation and rapid pinning-down of any IADS opponent.

In the late 1990s when this air power system-of-systems was being envisioned and designed the terms used then were a paradigm of 'Total Air Dominance', and 'Total Information Dominance'. Well the West has now produced it, on many levels, and is currently rolling it out, and other powers are not going to like it but they will not be capable of obtaining military dominance over the West, this side of 2050.

All of the States, companies and individuals who have been setting their jibs with that expectation in mind - guessed wrong.    ;-)

Of course you don't need military dominance if you have insiders neuter your culture, corrupt institutions, import and protect  foreigners in establishing a new culture and gain  political control of the military infrastructure.
Good thing America would never fall for such obvious Trojan horses and Manchurian candidates.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 11:45:40 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I trust the Feds about as much as I trust an Isslamic clown!

ZERO!

Unless we get confirmation from folks inside the blackout zone we may never know what's going on there...unless it is something really bad and everybody learns too late...

Need some boots on the ground HumInt.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
   If it's a military problem why are they announcing it to the world???
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel

Because it effects privately owned/operated aircraft.

From what little I know from flying in rotorwing aircraft (helicopters), there is a screen kind of like radar that shows the position of near by aircraft. It works off of a transponder in the planes (or choppers in my case). I'm not sure if this is what they were talking about, but it seems like it. Apparently not all aircraft in the vicinity will have the transponder and will not be seen on the aircraft's screen. Hence the alert for visual observations.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

From what little I know from flying in rotorwing aircraft (helicopters), there is a screen kind of like radar that shows the position of near by aircraft. It works off of a transponder in the planes (or choppers in my case). I'm not sure if this is what they were talking about, but it seems like it. Apparently not all aircraft in the vicinity will have the transponder and will not be seen on the aircraft's screen. Hence the alert for visual observations.

That is how I understand it too, so...who is wanting to run untracked and why?  With this Regime none of the possibilities are good...

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel

That is how I understand it too, so...who is wanting to run untracked and why?  With this Regime none of the possibilities are good...

Not to mention with this regime, the possibilities are endless.

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
I know somebody -- a pilot here in NC -- who knows somebody with the AOPA.  My somebody was told by his somebody that the shutdown has been cancelled -- except for a couple hours sporadically now and then.  Apparently, a stink was raised and uncomfortable question were being asked.

Whether this info was disinfo is something we'll know soon enough.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
It seems every day some new round of bullsh*t with this regime.   I don't remember it being this bad in the Clinton era,  and it had plenty to shovel.   Today's federal government seem so hyperactive with all the nonsense.

Where there is smoke there is fire.   That fire is raging out of control and few seem to give a ****.   

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Pan's info would seem to indicate this may be a test op to fine tune things down the line.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Why are the Feds blinding the public to air traffic from Florida to Virginia?
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 11:38:36 AM »
Probably just some FUD timed for the 9/11 anniversary.  Keep the population cowed with vague threats and dangers for the benefit of the National Security State.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Why are the Feds blinding the public to air traffic from Florida to Virginia?
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 02:39:18 PM »
I know somebody -- a pilot here in NC -- who knows somebody with the AOPA.  My somebody was told by his somebody that the shutdown has been cancelled -- except for a couple hours sporadically now and then.  Apparently, a stink was raised and uncomfortable question were being asked.

Whether this info was disinfo is something we'll know soon enough.

Your somebody is correct. According to the AOPA:

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2015/September/09/FAA-rescinds-notam-after-AOPA-concerns

The FAA has rescinded a sweeping notam regarding the reliability of Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) surveillance and TCAS after AOPA raised concerns about the ambiguous language, short notice, and month-long duration.

The FAA also has issued new notams that provide greater detail about the affected locations and time frames, shortening the time periods of concern from a month to a matter of hours in some cases. The new notams also provide clearer language regarding the nature of the potential reliability issues and which systems could be affected.

“We appreciate the FAA’s willingness to step back from the original notam, which was causing considerable alarm for pilots, and work with us to provide more accurate and useful data to the aviation community,” said Rune Duke, AOPA director of air traffic and airspace. “We’re optimistic that, since similar activities held over the past decade have not caused problems for civil aviation, there will be no interference. But pilots should still be extra vigilant and report any anomalies with their ADS-B or TCAS systems to air traffic control.”

Must not to have wanted to answer all those "hard" questions.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 03:17:15 PM »
They dialed back, they did not stop whatever it is they are up to.

Just more conditioning of the herd...