Author Topic: Recent deployments at Fort Drum have created an abundance of housing.  (Read 1298 times)

Offline whimsicalmamapig

I only now how it affects us here near this base, but if this is happening around the nation, this administration is sending troups around the world without letting many know. Is this just a way to "underplay" the rise of ISIS and his inability to contain it.

This was a headline on our local internet news outlet, just a few years ago we didn't have enough housing. what changed
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Recent deployments at Fort Drum have created an abundance of housing.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 01:43:02 PM »
Since it is home to the 10th Mountain Division (formerly the 10th Light Infantry Division, the forerunner of the first "rapid deployment" division) it will always be one of the most experienced combat divisions in the Army and hence one which will always be drawn upon for duty anywhere anytime, especially in Mountainous (Afghanistan, N.Iraq, Bosnia, Kosovo) and Arctic elements which they train for.

If they are quietly moving them at the company level it's possible they could be placed in mountain regions in N.Iraq/Turkey and Turkey/Syria, but I see no official deployment listed anywhere...not since last year in Afghanistan anyway.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 01:46:50 PM »
our local family business makes awards and plaques for the 10th and we are really slow right now because most are deployed or are being deployed soon. and they are still, and always have been in Afghanistan and there are some in Iraq too.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 01:58:30 PM »
Then they have to be keeping it quiet.  Man, would I not want to die for the effing SCoaMF in some for-show-only presence in a Muzzie Hellhole this fool is intent in keeping in batshyt hands!

And of course expecting the MFM to push this story is out of the question since the Dear Leader is only capable of shooting Skittles out his arse!

When under the prior regime we had nothing but daily sometimes hourly updates to the death count of troopers overseas...which O'Bongo has surpassed without nary a word!!!

::pullhair::

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 02:30:21 PM »
I am not an expert in deployments other than how they effect our bottom line, I understand many will return this october so we are gearing up for  more business then. but the article in the news shows how this is impacting the larger cummunity.

As far as this last round of sequestration, the 10th lost only 28 people, all nonmilitary, and we only lost part of one brigade previous to that so we are not losing personnel to transfers but to deployments.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 02:48:53 PM »
It is not a division they would gut, so that makes sense.

I hope all return safely and soon.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 03:05:30 PM »
one of our products, unfortunately, are plaques and framed memorial for KIA's and we are still making them, not anywhere near as many before, but we still do get them so I know that this administration is not letting the general population understand what is still going on.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 07:11:22 AM »
one of our products, unfortunately, are plaques and framed memorial for KIA's and we are still making them, not anywhere near as many before, but we still do get them so I know that this administration is not letting the general population understand what is still going on.

...well, the barn doors did slam shut on that pretty early...if people had the capacity to understand the SCoaMF wouldn't have ever gotten anywhere close to where he's been...

...such is life in latter-day America...

::unknowncomic::