Author Topic: 2005 was a rough year for me and while I am usually well informed, wtf is this?  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
2005 Real ID Act.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/drivers-licenses-new-york-domestic-flight-real-id

I vaguely remember talk about the lack of uniformity is DL/picture ID's between the various states...but when did this lack of uniformity lead to statist low-jacking of citizens?

You read the BS at the HomSec webpage and this reads like the perfect Fascist dictate - http://www.dhs.gov/real-id-enforcement-brief

They won't tell you how to comply, they will merely tell you if you are or are not in compliance.  Fukkin fabulous, right?  Statists have to be all lubbed up over this!  I mean, talk about altering the slipper-slope to push off the cliff, this is Nirvana to any Fedcoat with dreams of power.

And isn't it just oh so wonderful to have a super-ID and not need that sh*t at all to vote for assclowns so they can have more power and more control over you while disregarding any and all rules themselves?

America, f**k yeah, eh?!

About the only thing I was able to find that describes what the "acceptable" Enhanced Drivers License's (EDL's) must have is this:

State-issued enhanced drivers licenses (EDLs) provide proof of  identity and U.S. citizenship, are issued in a secure process, and include technology that makes travel easier. They provide travelers with a low-cost, convenient alternative for entering the United States from Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean through a land or sea port of entry, in addition to serving as a permit to drive.

The Department has been working with states to enhance their drivers licenses and identification documents to comply with travel rules under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), effective June 1, 2009.

Enhanced drivers licenses make it easier for U.S. citizens to cross the border into the United States because they include:

*a vicinity Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chip that will signal a secure system to pull up your biographic and biometric data for the CBP officer as you approach the border inspection booth, and

*a Machine Readable Zone (MRZ) or barcode that the CBP officer can read electronically if RFID isn't available.

The top 39 land ports of entry, which process more than 95 percent of land border crossings, are equipped with RFID technology that helps facilitate travel by individual presenting EDLs or one of the other RFID-enabled documents.

http://www.dhs.gov/enhanced-drivers-licenses-what-are-they

Yup, the chip in your body is to be preceded by the chip in your ID.  You see, this makes travel easier, that the Fedcoats can track your every movement was never meant to happen so naturally they will deny ever executing such a blatant privacy violation and you'll accept that blindly because your government would never do such an un-American totalitarian kind of thing, would they?

Don't just sit there, get chipped!  It's just soooo easy!  It's fun for the whole family!

PS-WHTI is part of the 9/11 Commission spawned Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004, so celebrate your security bitches!  The benign government must track everybody not just those fitting the terrorist profile, that would be racsit, wrong and against pc/diversity/multi-culti proscriptions that take precedence over quaint notions like the rights of man, the Constitution or that silly old Bill of Rights!  You are safe because your government loves you enough to track your every move, be happy!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 07:48:17 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
Land of the free?
RIP

Offline richb

• Established Member
The problem that has occurred for travelers,  is that the states are all at different levels on complying with secure id (secure right ha ha).   So people in some states find that their state issued ID's and or drivers license aren't considered valid by all anymore. 

The last time I got my drivers license updated here in Indiana (which is fully secure id now) I didn't leave the DMV with my new ID.  They no longer make them in the individual DMV offices, as they consider that not secure.   They make them all in a "secure" location. 

BUT THEN THEY MAIL THEM OUT TO YOU.   It came in the US mail about 2 weeks later.................... face palm.   It could have been stolen easy out of my mailbox....... 

« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:50:54 PM by richb »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Heaven help us.

As least the backwards state of LA still has the old fashioned license.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Shame on us if we put up with this sh*t any longer!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Interesting.

"Contrary to DHS claims, not one state is in compliance with the national ID law."

No wonder it appears this thing came out of left field...it did come out of left field.  Literally, bureaucrats...99.9% leftist dreck...they are trying to achieve through misinformation what they cannot achieve legally.

Great find Rich, this should add some firmness to peoples backbone if they encounter any shenanigans!  I'm going to send this along to my kin so they are aware...a lot of them still fly.

I'm soooo tired of these assclowns!

Tick, tock...

Meanwhile, people should prepare their knot-tying skills...

An educated mind is a prepared mind.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Yes, Rich, thanks for the information.

And, Libs, thanks for the illustration!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
I'm tellin' ya.  ^^
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"