Author Topic: Former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton ‘Very Seriously Considering’ 2012 Run  (Read 2163 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
This is new.

Former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton has given several interviews over the past year where he has casually discussed the possibility of running for President in 2012.

The tone and clarity of that possibility changed the other night when in a rare one-on-one twenty-five minute interview, Ambassador Bolton used his strongest language to date in telling me where he stands on a possible run for the White House. Below is an excerpt from the interview:

I AM VERY SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING RUNNING because President Obama’s leadership on national security has been woefully inadequate. We are grateful that he made one difficult, very courageous decision on Osama bin laden that turned out to be right but that is not reflective of the arc of his overall work

[...]

I understand that a one issue candidate gets marginalized and I will not be a one issue candidate.

Vid at link.

I know very little about Bolton's positions on domestic policy.  If he's getting serious, he'll need to get his views well-aired.

eta:  And, NO, I don't give a rat's patootie about the 'stache.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Fox has been begging for participants in tonight's debate. 
It is a disappointment more are not participating.
Are they afraid one of these wildcards will take them down?

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
  And, NO, I don't give a rat's patootie about the 'stache.
[/quote]
Mustache rides 25 cents!
 ::hysterical::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!

Too soon to be playing out all your cards. These are the guys that want to get their names out there.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

Too soon to be playing out all your cards. These are the guys that want to get their names out there.

They did a good job.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero

They did a good job.

I'm just watching it now. I went to a quit smoking meeting.
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

Nicorette worked for me.  That and the doc asking if I was looking forward to my first heart attack.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I like Bolton's disdain for the UN and his no BS view on radical Islam. But I'm very leery of his neo-conish/nation-builderish foreign policy positions.

I'm ready for America to reassess our criteria for when we resort to military action. Somewhere between the neo-con "we're all democracies now if we can just figure out which dictators to support" and the Pat Buchanan/Ron Paul "not-by-the-hair-of-my-chinny-chin-chin" non-interventionism is where I think we should be.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero

Nicorette worked for me.  That and the doc asking if I was looking forward to my first heart attack.

I'm looking hard at quitting and this is a first step. we'll see what happens.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
I like Bolton's disdain for the UN and his no BS view on radical Islam. But I'm very leery of his neo-conish/nation-builderish foreign policy positions.

I'm ready for America to reassess our criteria for when we resort to military action. Somewhere between the neo-con "we're all democracies now if we can just figure out which dictators to support" and the Pat Buchanan/Ron Paul "not-by-the-hair-of-my-chinny-chin-chin" non-interventionism is where I think we should be.

I just don't know about him for president but one this for sure is that there is a place for him in the conversation.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers

I just don't know about him for president but one this for sure is that there is a place for him in the conversation.

He's definitely a serious man. About the only thing the Leftists can ridicule is his mustache.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

There was a place for him at the debate tonight and he missed it.
I now know Tim Pawlenty much better.  I like him but I barely know Bolton.

Nation building.  I like empires and imperialism.  If we are going to be the big dog, the king of the hill, it is necessary we are there.  It is proper we teach them the necessary things to run and maintain a civil society.  Every colony Britain had they left in better shape.  The problem was they didn't charge an administration fee.  

They must pay 100% for our services (all costs). Not phony accounting payment but real payment.  The world will be a better place.  *

*Ignorant sh*tholes that can't read or write or even have political boundaries excluded.  (Afghanistan for example)  We will place posted signs around the perimeter.  "No entry or exit"

They are playing a repeat of the debate right now.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I too want to know more about Bolton's thoughts on domestic policy and I suspect his econmic bent may be in the proper direction...but I need more info, so from that stand point if jumping in helps in that regard I'm all for it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Apparently he was a Goldwater booster back in college. That's usually a pretty good sign, since the same Ruling Class turds who tried to derail Reagan had it in for Goldwater before him.

I like what I've heard of him so far. I also particularly like that he's not "another damn Senator" throwing his name in the hat. Of all the selection pools for President, the US Senate has to be about the worst possible choice. The mentality of a Senator is far different from what is needed in the Chief Executive. There are of course some exceptions (Goldwater?) but generally Senators are the sort who have this smug appreciation for the vaunted collegiality of that chamber, the Republican ones at least. Out of all the RINOs out there, it seems the worst ones are in the Senate.

John McCain. Bob Dole. Do we really want to go that route again? Just Say No to presidential contenders from the Senate!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly