Author Topic: This makes me sad  (Read 2928 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
This makes me sad
« on: October 24, 2015, 06:45:31 PM »
Joey Feek of Joey + Rory is dying of terminal cancer.

Sometimes there just aren’t enough surgeries – or doctors – or chemotherapies – or prayers. And you have to wipe the tears from your cheeks and say the words that you were hoping to never have to say…
Enough.
Joey had been feeling pretty good overall the last week or two, and was ready to start the next phase of treatment.  This whole thing has been very hard on her, but she knows it’s all part of getting better, so she’s been a trooper and has stayed incredibly positive through it all.  She’d done everything she was supposed to do.  Followed every instruction that she’d been given and has taken every hard-knock that has come her way, and got back up and kept fighting.
Before the next round of chemo was to start on this past Thursday in Atlanta, the doctors scheduled a CT scan to be done the day before. This was her first major scan since before she had the big surgery in July.  So the goal was to see how her body has responded, after the removal of the all the cancer and the first five weeks of treatment.  To make sure that there were no signs of the cancer still around.
But there was.
“I’m sorry to have to tell you this…”  That’s how the conversation began.

! No longer available

! No longer available
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 06:49:31 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: This makes me sad
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 06:40:49 AM »
Hate to hear of anyone go through that. We'll keep them in our hearts and prayers.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 07:20:37 AM »
I am getting weary of cancer news and it seems like often times the treatment is worse than the disease...

::gaah::

I reckon the best we can hope for in such cases is people having enough time left to be with the people that matters most.

::praying::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 09:05:05 AM »
I am getting weary of cancer news and it seems like often times the treatment is worse than the disease...

I posted an excellent 9 part documentary that, I bet, no one watched.

There are cures.
But those who make money on this suppress.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 09:48:36 AM »

There are cures.
But those who make money on this suppress.

Yeah, I forgot about that, sorry...

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php?topic=13600.0

This Ty fella has a lot out on YouTube I see too.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ty+Bollinger

I'm guessing his "alternative" talk isn't a big hit in the Medical-Industrial Complex.

Instinctively I have always thought if I ever got the long face from the Doc regarding the Big C I would take a pass on all that chemo...it's because often times (see Flip Saunders) that stuff so weakens a persons system that they are more susceptible to other things happening.

Plus, I always thought going out J.B. Books style would be better than conventional treatment or a painful drawn out end.  Since I am a sugar addict...I reckon I'll have to choose one day...

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 10:23:37 AM »
It was really good. (I thought)
They said there are many thousands of documented cases of people being cured through "alternative" methods.

Chemo destroys the immune system along with multiple other side effects.
So, if the cancer doesn't kill you something else will caused by the treatment

One thing they said was to ask the oncologist what treatment they would pursue for themselves and their families.

It's easy for me to say since I'm not faced with it but, as of now, I would never do chemo.

The war on cancer is is 45 years old and we have spent billions, if not trillions, on it and there is still no cure.

It's a lot like the war on drugs, poverty and terror.

None of these wars are fought to be won

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 10:44:56 AM »
That's one of the things that really leaves me dumbfounded...the lack of new/effective cures/treatments.  It wasn't that long ago we had a surge in breakthroughs and cured things like Polio...and with all of our wealth, all of the research and billions in donations...it seems we are left with the same default treatments?

I know it's not universal...for example some of the treatments my father got for his prostate cancer were new and the combination seems to have kept his cancer in check...but for a lot there is just chemo and radiation.

A big part of me knows we can do better.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 10:59:21 AM »
I'm a firm believer that nutrition is the key.

One of the things that I learned in this documentary was the beginnings of the AMA.
Prior to the AMA, there were many holistic practitioners.
They claimed that Rockefeller and Carnegie funded the AMA and suppression of holistic practices began.

Also, any doubt that the FDA is in the back pocket of big pharma should be erased

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 11:48:50 AM »
That's one of the things that really leaves me dumbfounded...the lack of new/effective cures/treatments.  It wasn't that long ago we had a surge in breakthroughs and cured things like Polio...and with all of our wealth, all of the research and billions in donations...it seems we are left with the same default treatments?

I know it's not universal...for example some of the treatments my father got for his prostate cancer were new and the combination seems to have kept his cancer in check...but for a lot there is just chemo and radiation.

A big part of me knows we can do better.

Its a fundamentally different problem. Your own DNA has fallen prey to random change radiation. We live in a sea of it because we live on a rock formed in the hart of fusion explosions, harboring compounds and elements  ( natural and man made)  that can interfere with gene sequencing and replication, all while   orbiting a fusion explosion.  When we lived to 30 it wasn't an issue - we usually died long before the random chance, viable and malicious DNA transformation could happen to our own cells.  Because they are our own  they are not found and destroyed by our own systems. They are us-- but not us.  The only way you take them out is by find thing some method of sorting the "good cells" from the malignant ones. Chemo "works" because malignant cells will generally absorb more of the poison they are pumping in  than the healthy cells. Its obviously a last ditch treatment - deliberately poisoning the body in hopes that the enemy dies of the poison before you do.

I am not saying that there aren't natural ways and methods that might "cure it" - Maybe some force those cells to mutate again into a non-malignant form, or retard their growth, or reveal them to the body to be what they are - foreign invaders.  You know the "there are too many people on the planet anyway " crowd don't want cancer cured, and we give Doctors too much credit - they don't know all they pretend to know and each body is different.  They are finding that there are huge differences in gut bacteria from person to person and that those differences have significant impacts to health and weight gain (or loss) . There is some evidence that those little crawlies produce chemicals that mess with the endocrine system so that they can interfere with hormonal signaling - and mess with appetites (food and sexual) , mood, and general biochemical processing ( which things are taken from the blood  stream how quickly) - and your diet will directly affect which of those little bugs grow and to what measure. And that is just your gut bacteria.  Each person is biologically different ( by design) and has a unique personal ecology. Anyone who says they have a cure for everyone is probably lying - especially when you are trying to sure cancer - wich is a never before seen, malignant and corrupted version of - YOUR BODY.

The best hope for a cure is in nanobot or nano compound that can be programmed or manufactured to target and destroy the particular morphed DNA seuence of your cancer.  That means even if they find a cure it is going to have to be made FOR YOU and customized to YOUR PARTICULAR mutation PERSONALLY, and will always remain on the expensive side because of it ( thought the auto gene sequencing and nano manufacturing stuff may make it cost less than one might think..)

However, I suspect that the number one predictor of being cured is a positive attitude,  a love of life, an a gratefulness to one's creator. If I had cancer it would be the one place I would turn - because I think at the moment that is the one place a cure can be found for sure- divine intervention.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 12:00:20 PM »
More proof that perhaps "ignorance is bliss"...back in the "old days" where lifespans we shorter...perhaps people took less for granted as they really understood how limited a shelf life there is...

I doubt I will live to see the nano-tech breakthrough...heck, none of us might given the rapid trajectory into the abyss the progs, statists and Neo-Keynsians have us on...

So attitude, love and gratefulness it is!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 12:01:27 PM »
might "cure it"

No offense but the might seems to be dispelled.
There are thousands and thousands of documented "mights" and the one thing that sort of stood out for me is that there are multiple solutions that work.

There were numerous statistics given (I know about statistics) where conventional treatments increased life span days, weeks and months but seldom years.
Like most medicine, they treat symptoms not causes and that's another reason a cure eludes them.

I don't disagree with your assessment about the toxicity of modern life

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 01:24:32 PM »
might "cure it"

No offense but the might seems to be dispelled.
There are thousands and thousands of documented "mights" and the one thing that sort of stood out for me is that there are multiple solutions that work.

There were numerous statistics given (I know about statistics) where conventional treatments increased life span days, weeks and months but seldom years.
Like most medicine, they treat symptoms not causes and that's another reason a cure eludes them.

For something to be a Cure, it needs a real controlled study  - with  actual success and failure numbers.  I confess I did not watch your video series, so maybe that was included. Otherwise spontaneous remissions, acts of God and other factors may account for the cures, even if they number in the thousands.  You have those for conventional treatments, but seldom for homeopathic ones. That doesn't mean the homeopathic ones don't work. It just means that we don't fully understand when and under what conditions they work, and when they don't.  Even conventional medicine "cures" or common ailments  fail some percentage of the time due to other complications and factors. I lost a good friend to a routine knee-surgery because a blood clot formed, went to her brain and killed her in minutes. That operation had a 99.999% success factor.  So that is what I mean by "might" -  they might work some of the time, most of the time, almost always, or so often that there is almost no change of failure, but that chance of failure is always there, and 1000s documented cases of something working do not tell us how man times it was tried and failed, or tried while doing something else and failed and so on. If 10,000 people tried it and 1000 were cured is it a "cure"? Its certainly something to consider, but I would sure like to know what the other 9000 people did that might have negated it..

I don't disagree with your assessment about the toxicity of modern life

Why?  Cancer is caused by one of two things : 1) Radiation being absorbed by a DNAstrand in just the right way to make the result a malignant cancer  or 2) a Chemical or Physical change ( Asbestos needles actually change DNA physically)  bring about an error in DNA sequencing that causes a malignant cancer.

The Radiation is all around us.  Taking an airplace flight increases exposure.  Living at altitude increase exposure. Radon in the basement increases exposure. Living near certain type of geological formations increases exposure.  The Background at my Teotwawki place is nearly 3 times that of the farm. It is still low - as in you chances of developing a cancer from it are low. But each and every day all of us play the radiation induced malignant cancer lottery with different chances of "winning"

The carcinogen factor is similar.  Depending on where you live and what is being done around there you exposure to compounds that might induce chemical or physical changes  will vary. Its probably NOT zero and you chance of getting a change to your DNA that causes a malignant cancer is very low. But each exposure is another chance to play the lottery.

I am NOT saying our environment is inherently TOXIC. Only that the more time you spend in it the larger the change you have of something going wrong in your body chemistry.  That doesn't mean it will happen. Just that it might. Its just a chance. You can  smoke your entire life, live to 110 and never get lung cancer. You are just upping your chances at winning the lottery.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 01:51:56 PM »
There are studies as well as anecdotal evidence.

BTW, until tonight there is a 2 part Q&A where some of this is covered a little

Part 1 https://go2.thetruthaboutcancer.com/global-quest/qa-1/
 Part 2 https://go2.thetruthaboutcancer.com/global-quest/qa-2/

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 12:31:07 PM »

Sadly, you are correct. I have, however, bookmarked it to watch when I get home.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 06:57:30 PM »
Alan,I think it's over.
Not sure.
Hope you get it

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 07:19:12 AM »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 10:29:19 PM »
I read an interesting article about how elephants almost never get cancer.  It turns out they have multiple copies of a gene that makes an enzyme involved in apoptosis, or programmed cell death.  There's been a lot of uncertainty about why cells seem to have a programmed life cycle, rather than just persisting indefinitely, and it now seems that this is a way of protecting from mutations by destroying damaged cells before they create copies of themselves.

When they took human and elephant cells in culture, and exposed them to radiation, the elephant cells died off much more rapidly than the human cells.  The extra copies of the gene in the elephant's genome meant damaged cells were rapidly put into self-destruct mode, before they could start creating copies of their damaged DNA.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly