Author Topic: The Art & Science of Leadership  (Read 1496 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
The Art & Science of Leadership
« on: October 30, 2015, 09:24:31 PM »
I haven't very been active since early September because I've been preparing to address a lecture hall packed with "young skulls full of mush". About a year ago, I approached the community college our daughter attends with a proposal for their TD Bank Leadership lecture series. This past August they contacted me with an opportunity for 2 dates, 10/29 & 2/4/16.

With an eighty minute slot to fill, I've been researching, preparing & rehearsing a presentation...which was well received yesterday & one more for February. Here's the audio podcast. There's a short, 2 second break where we spliced out a copyrighted video shown (covering Victim-Follower-Performer-Leader perspectives) - the total time is approximately 58 minutes.

http://webapps.raritanval.edu/podcasting/specialfeatures/artandscienceofleadership.mp3

We've got to steer our young people in the right direction. I'm meeting with some of the faculty in December to tweak the February talk content...but they told me yesterday that they trust my judgement after hearing the first talk.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The Art & Science of Leadership
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 09:58:07 PM »
I haven't very been active since early September because I've been preparing to address a lecture hall packed with "young skulls full of mush". About a year ago, I approached the community college our daughter attends with a proposal for their TD Bank Leadership lecture series. This past August they contacted me with an opportunity for 2 dates, 10/29 & 2/4/16.

With an eighty minute slot to fill, I've been researching, preparing & rehearsing a presentation...which was well received yesterday & one more for February. Here's the audio podcast. There's a short, 2 second break where we spliced out a copyrighted video shown (covering Victim-Follower-Performer-Leader perspectives) - the total time is approximately 58 minutes.

http://webapps.raritanval.edu/podcasting/specialfeatures/artandscienceofleadership.mp3

We've got to steer our young people in the right direction. I'm meeting with some of the faculty in December to tweak the February talk content...but they told me yesterday that they trust my judgement after hearing the first talk.

Good to see you are still alive and productive Pablo..  Its all I can do to get out of bed and get  stuff done round here. I certainly don't have the energy to try and change the world like you are. Keep up the good fight.

Now if we only knew where Trap got off to.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 02:42:04 PM »
It's kind of like tossing beached starfish back into the waves; I can't get to 'em all...but a few here & there can change the trajectory of a life...which can, perhaps, impact a few other lives.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 09:35:38 PM »
I've been working with a small group of students, drafting off my talk to the community college & have referenced this ad several times as the epitome of a mindless, entertainment-driven culture that values "free" apps (free?? what are they doing to your expendable time?) over actual work...

! No longer available

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 10:59:44 AM »
Thanks for sharing that - it was (point & snicker) funny.

But I believe that it suffers from The Portlandia Effect. Portlandia mocks the phony hipster generation and the writers and producers of that show are relentless about it. From all that I've seen the target of their contemptuousness is either oblivious to the joke or OK with being seen and played for fools.

Likewise with that video. I've seen several videos lately that are down n dirty on The Temper Tantrum generation and it's all happening without any significant protest. They either don't get it (meaning that they are incredibly stupid) or they don't care (meaning they don't have any self-respect).

I lament for the future...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 11:48:26 AM »
Lead, follow, GTFO out the way or get trampled.

Trampling it is.

::smallestviolin::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.