Author Topic: Beware of trolls  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Beware of trolls
« on: November 02, 2015, 11:44:31 AM »
https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2015/11/02/trolls-live-under-bridges/

I guess his first recommendation glossed over being familiar with those local roads and the towns and habitations along the way...if on foot I guess his second choice would be my first and his first my second.

More warnings -

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2015/11/01/manhattan-halloween/

Nice little ditty, eh?

And from Ann -

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2015/11/01/barhardt-quote-of-the-week/

Sad but true.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:50:12 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Beware of trolls
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 12:54:46 PM »
A word to WRSA:  her name is BarNhardt.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 06:30:10 PM »

Spelling must not be a strong suit. At least they got the link right. ::thumbsup::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 07:42:48 AM »

Spelling must not be a strong suit. At least they got the link right. ::thumbsup::

Must be dsylexai.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 07:45:34 PM »

Must be dsylexai.

Beer out the nostrils. Hope you're happy. ::hysterical::

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 10:40:00 PM »
That seems to happen to you often lately.  I think it's the nut behind the wheel.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 07:22:38 AM »
Glad I could help.   :D

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 08:19:35 AM »
https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2015/11/02/trolls-live-under-bridges/
Not sure i agree wit all of these points. 

1) He observations were made on the east coast  so population density is already stupidly high, and therefore troll density will be high as well

2) The "remote" areas that were vandalized were probably vandalized from yutes from a stopped or delayed train, or from unseen habitation nearby, and not by "in shape" intrepid explorers

3) Most rail-lines  are not conducive to foot traffic - walking steep embankments, narrow rails or skipping from tie-to-tie isn't fun. (Didn't anyone explore rail lines as a kid? ) Of course some sections are fine  - but  enough of it is difficult  that you won't want to do it with a pack, or where you might need to run.  And that doesn't include the bridges and tunnels he mentions.  These will be bad roads for everyone on foot  - including ferals.

4) He is probably right the govt will seize and protect the rail lines as long as they can.. but there are different sorts of rail lines -  lines that carry (mostly)  freight are likely to be less dangerous post SHTF   and possibly  more helpful - as that may become the only means of getting supplies not manufactured locally. If that becomes the case and the govt moves goods primarily by rail - The rail roads will be doing everything they can to beef up security to protect cargo - so incidents of hobos and ferals hitching rides  on freight will probably be low.

5) if roads become too dangerous to travel, then the government might start running passenger trains on what were formerly freight only lines, and those commuter trains are more likely to be be used as a path for raiding parties ( Lets go out on the 5:25 and raid a farmers field!)   - but that will involve both jumping off a train while its moving (maybe slowly)  and then either re boarding the same way while carrying sacks or packs - or walking along country roads as obvious strangers carrying stolen goods till you get to the local station...) It doesn't seem like a well thought out plan to me. Right now ferals don't even use the trains to go rob rich neighborhoods in town.  I don't see it as being an effective way of raiding fields unless you have a mob and take over the train.

6) If the train begins to be a real danger or nuisance (as in 5) - its very, very easy to sabotage the line. Drop a large tree across. Rip up a rail. Demolish a bridge. While the train stops because of your sabotage,  sabotage the train itself.  Or steal its cargo.  If out post-SHTF environment includes a civil war and the govt is using rail to move equipment or men,  or even just food, water or fuel to the cities,  then you can pretty much bet  the 5:25 won't run regular-like.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 07:50:35 PM »
That seems to happen to you often lately.  I think it's the nut behind the wheel.

My wife says it's a short between the keyboard and the chair.

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 11:03:23 PM »
Bwaha!  Lucky for me, I wasn't drinking anything.