Topics > The Police State

Rancher slain in Idaho

<< < (2/3) > >>

Libertas:
Yup, his beast and (duh!) he had the expertise in dealing with it, not the cops.

And those cams?  You are correct!

Adams County Sheriff Ryan Zollman told the Statesman that there were two body cameras worn by the deputies and one vehicle dash camera at the scene. The dash camera, however, was not even on; Zollman didn’t say whether the deputies’ body cameras recorded the incident.  Idaho State Police spokeswoman Teresa Baker was not able to verify how many cameras might have captured what happened.

Anybody else smell anything really funky?

Dash cams have been around since the fricken 80's!  They had to have turned it off before leaving the vehicle.

And how can they say they have body cams but not know how many were on or what they recorded?  This happened Sunday evening.  The fate of the body cams had to have been known within an hour if not less.  They we being worn or they weren't.  They were worn and on or worn and not on, or they were worn and on and turned off mid-encounter...or they were worn and on and recorded everything.

So, what have these clowns been doing with the cameras for the past 36 hours or so?   ::thinking::

If there is exonerating evidence they would have announced it quickly.

If there is any kind of questions about what it showed or if in fact they were intentionally turned off before the fateful moment then the police can only be buying time to mitigate the damage to their department and are in an internal struggle as to how to proceed.  The presence of witnesses makes it almost a certainty the officers face trial, unless the DA is a moron and/or a payoff of the family is in play.

I guess we'll find out, either way this looks, smells and feels dirty as hell.

warpmine:
As far as dirty goes, the intent of the deputies is in question and the very existence on the sheriff's squad is in question. I mean to say, in an rural area dominated by farms and ranches, why in the hell were they even hired if they didn't understand the situations that may arise?

The idiots couldn't even put the animal down or was it they were looking to get off some live target practice(sick bastards) upon a farm animal. WTF has happened to our country? Wait, don't answer that, I already know as well as we all do. They kicked the concept of God to the curb and raised government to fill that vacuum. ::pullhair::

Glock32:
This is what happens when police agencies now deliberately cultivate an imperious, arrogant demeanor in their "public servants."  It attracts people who are basically high functioning sociopaths to the job.  And I don't doubt for a minute they opened up on that bull because they wanted to see what their ARs would do to something other than boring paper targets.

A good reporter would be looking into possible animus between the rancher and the sheriff's department or local government.  Seems weird that they would in any way interpret a threat from someone who they themselves called out to the scene in order to dispatch the bull.

We're dancing right on the line these days.  The people are not going to just grin and bear it, indefinitely.  When official justice becomes impossible, people will make their own.

Libertas:
Yup.

And the Do-As-I-Say-Not-As-I-Do leaders are not setting good examples, they bend, break or make law up on the fly as it suits them...sooner rather than later people are going to stop listening and just start acting the same way.

Why not?  The rules are for chumps, suckers and fools.  They send that message non stop 24/7/365.

Libertas:
The Adams County Sheriff's Office has released the names of the deputies involved in the fatal shooting of Council rancher Jack Yantis on Nov. 1.

The two deputies were identified Monday afternoon as Cody Roland and Brian Wood.

The sheriff's office said Roland has been employed as full-time deputy by the Adams County Sheriff’s Office since July 2015 but has been an Idaho certified peace officer since 2000.

Wood has been employed by the sheriff's office since June 2013.

http://www.nwcn.com/story/news/local/2015/11/30/deputies-named-council-ranchers-shooting/76588190/

Still, no mention of video, no explanation of why a rancher was gunned down...

::upsidedownflag::

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version