Author Topic: GutsyCall  (Read 4929 times)

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: GutsyCall
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 02:28:03 PM »
By the way...

I want everyone to know that last night I planned and executed a banning of a spammer here at IAL. I thought long and hard about it...maybe 16 seconds...and after I seriously weighed all of the facts, the inherent dangers and risks involved, I did, in fact ban the spammer. I have no doubt that upon further reflection of this action anyone would be absolutely convinced that by banning this spammer from IAL I did the right thing and that it was courageous on my part. I banned the spammer all by myself with no assistance or input from anyone else. I did it. It was a total ME operation.

I believe that I made a gutsy call.

I want to see the pictures!  Or I'm not gonna believe it happened.

Yeah !

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 03:26:15 PM »
This weekend, I was off to the supermarket buying a few things in order to wind down from a busy week. I had taken a list to the store and carefully checked off all I was going to buy. I was ready to relax a bit and mindlessly approached the cashier. Then, my plans for a weekend free of the workday responsibilities thrust upon my shoulders were interrupted by a life or death decision I was not prepared to make. I left the house firmly believing my only decision I was to make on my errand to the store was what DVD to rent at Redbox.  I was totally taken aback by the decision I was forced to make, against my will, in front of a crowd staring at me to judge my response. What to do. What in earth to do.

"Paper or plastic?" she said.

Conventional wisdom would have gone with the plastic. Screw that. I chose paper. The supermarket crowd cheered my gutsy call. "Well played, sir!" they all cheered. "Well played!"
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 03:29:49 PM »
This weekend, I was off to the supermarket buying a few things in order to wind down from a busy week. I had taken a list to the store and carefully checked off all I was going to buy. I was ready to relax a bit and mindlessly approached the cashier. Then, my plans for a weekend free of the workday responsibilities thrust upon my shoulders were interrupted by a life or death decision I was not prepared to make. I left the house firmly believing my only decision I was to make on my errand to the store was what DVD to rent at Redbox.  I was totally taken aback by the decision I was forced to make, against my will, in front of a crowd staring at me to judge my response. What to do. What in earth to do.

Conventional wisdom would have gone with the plastic. Screw that. I chose paper. The supermarket crowd cheered my gutsy call. "Well played, sir!" they all cheered. "Well played!"

It's lifes little moments that make it worth living!! ::thinking:: ::clapping::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2011, 04:23:51 PM »
  I was totally taken aback by the decision I was forced to make, against my will, in front of a crowd staring at me to judge my response. What to do. What in earth to do.

It's lifes little moments that make it worth living!! ::thinking:: ::clapping::

::deercorn::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2011, 04:33:05 PM »

Pffft.  I had my own gutsy-call moment earlier this afternoon, when I walked out onto the front porch and confronted a big black crow perched on a chairback.

Despite the officious and peremptory tone in which I ordered it to leave, after a minute of seriously contemplating possible courses of action, it took a flyswatter's flick to banish it.

And to no applause at all, I might add.  One woman's brave and gutsy call made in obscurity.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2011, 04:39:59 PM »
. . . if a woman makes a gutsy call in the middle of rural Chatham County, NC, and nobody is around to see it, . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2011, 04:43:37 PM »
. . . if a woman makes a gutsy call in the middle of rural Chatham County, NC, and nobody is around to see it, . . .

The crow knows, sir.

And The Shadow do, as well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2011, 07:31:23 PM »

Fly swatter my bee hind. She's got a Kimber 1911 .45 that she sports around and a crow scares her.  ::pokeineye::
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »

Fly swatter my bee hind. She's got a Kimber 1911 .45 that she sports around and a crow scares her.  ::pokeineye::

Scare?!?!  No!  I was mightily offended at my property rights violation.  It pooped on the deck.

Plus, once does not shoot crows on one front porch.  From?  Yes.  On?  No; it's just not done.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2011, 07:46:50 PM »

Scare?!?!  No!  I was mightily offended at my property rights violation.  It pooped on the deck.

Plus, once does not shoot crows on one front porch.  From?  Yes.  On?  No; it's just not done.

hands shakin too much??
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 08:48:23 PM »
Keeeep it up, wiseguy.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2011, 09:00:58 PM »
Keeeep it up, wiseguy.

I'll just sit in a chair on your porch and you can get the fly swatter. ::hysterical::
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2011, 09:14:52 PM »
Keeeep it up, wiseguy.

I'll just sit in a chair on your porch and you can get the fly swatter. ::hysterical::

You do that.

I want all y'all to make note of the big, brave warrior who prescribes a handgun for a crow-on-the-porch, when a flyswatter will suffice.

Wussy.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2011, 09:27:55 PM »
One person's wussy is another person's gutsy call.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2011, 09:28:39 PM »

Hmmmm.... I just noticed for the first time. The Hijab with no pants. Funny that never caught on...
::hysterical::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 09:33:29 PM »

Yah, okay.  Just don't be on the porch with JF when he spots a li'l varmint.  Or, wear yer Kevlar.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2011, 09:48:01 PM »

Yah, okay.  Just don't be on the porch with JF when he spots a li'l varmint.  Or, wear yer Kevlar.

Glock 298 rounds in full auto

Did I hit it??
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2011, 09:56:52 PM »
The truth comes out. Obama had "special help" with his gutsy call...

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2011, 09:58:37 PM »
"Did" you "hit it"?

Is your name "Bob"?

Is there a porch?

Did you see a target?

Was that even the point?

Fuggedaboudit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you get your gun yet?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »
"Did" you "hit it"?

Is your name "Bob"?

Is there a porch?

Did you see a target?

Was that even the point?

Fuggedaboudit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you get your gun yet?

Nope when I get back from the Outer Banks. Spending a fortune and I'm not there yet.
 Filippo Mazzie