Author Topic: GutsyCall  (Read 4923 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Re: GutsyCall
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2011, 06:13:27 AM »
John, know where the Coast Guard Station is at Sanderling? (North of Duck) When the station was operational until '64, I spent the early part of my yute there. I know the backwater like the back of . . .. Well, it has been a long time.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2011, 08:36:46 AM »
John, know where the Coast Guard Station is at Sanderling? (North of Duck) When the station was operational until '64, I spent the early part of my yute there. I know the backwater like the back of . . .. Well, it has been a long time.

It's my first trip to that part of our world we'll be at Nags Head but I'll be poking around while I'm there I might just run into it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2011, 09:42:32 AM »

It's my first trip to that part of our world we'll be at Nags Head but I'll be poking around while I'm there I might just run into it.
Me the Tour guide: Head North to Corolla and check out the lighthouse and the wild ponies. The ponies are everywhere. You will not miss them. And don't worry. There is a Food Lion there at the end of the world on 12N.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2011, 10:40:52 AM »
I am more familiar with the southern part. One of my fondest childhood memories was landing my first red drum, caught in Hatteras Inlet.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2011, 10:53:04 AM »
I am more familiar with the southern part. One of my fondest childhood memories was landing my first red drum, caught in Hatteras Inlet.

I'm taking the truck so that I can bring the poles and tackle so you can bet I'll be giving it a shot.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2011, 10:54:30 AM »

Me the Tour guide: Head North to Corolla and check out the lighthouse and the wild ponies. The ponies are everywhere. You will not miss them. And don't worry. There is a Food Lion there at the end of the world on 12N.

That I want to do with the Grandson just so he can see one for the first time. Thanks!!!!
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »
. . .
 That I want to do with the Grandson just so he can see one for the first time. Thanks!!!!

Yeah. I remember the first time I saw a Food Lion. Good Times.
--------------

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2011, 11:46:41 AM »
. . .

Yeah. I remember the first time I saw a Food Lion. Good Times.

Still a wise ass I see. ::rimshot::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »
I made a gutsy call this morning. I Decided to fix a family fave for breakfast - breakfast burritos, because when I do little things like that I make my family happy and they love me.

The recipe calls for Jimmy Dean sausage, but when I got to the grocery store, wouldn't you know it, side-by-side was the Jimmy Dean Regular, and the Jimmy Dean Hot. Me and the boys like Hot. Woman and kind like Regular. I had a weighty decision to make.

As I stood there thinking "Gotta make my mind up - which sausage can I tay-aaaaake," it occurred to me that when faced with difficult decisions like this, the leader of the free world does whatever he can to avoid a decision, and then when he's forced to act in some fashion, he takes credit for being decisive with some folks, while expressing regret for having to make the decision to other folks.

So I got one of each - Hot & Regular, and mixed to two for a mild-yet-spicy breakfast burrito treat. I played them suckers right down the middle, and man, did they love me for it.

It was a gutsy call.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2011, 06:16:32 PM »
I made a gutsy call this morning. I Decided to fix a family fave for breakfast - breakfast burritos, because when I do little things like that I make my family happy and they love me.

The recipe calls for Jimmy Dean sausage, but when I got to the grocery store, wouldn't you know it, side-by-side was the Jimmy Dean Regular, and the Jimmy Dean Hot. Me and the boys like Hot. Woman and kind like Regular. I had a weighty decision to make.

As I stood there thinking "Gotta make my mind up - which sausage can I tay-aaaaake," it occurred to me that when faced with difficult decisions like this, the leader of the free world does whatever he can to avoid a decision, and then when he's forced to act in some fashion, he takes credit for being decisive with some folks, while expressing regret for having to make the decision to other folks.

So I got one of each - Hot & Regular, and mixed to two for a mild-yet-spicy breakfast burrito treat. I played them suckers right down the middle, and man, did they love me for it.

It was a gutsy call.

At least you didn't need a fly swatter.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2011, 08:03:33 PM »

It was a gutsy call.

Why me, Lawd?!  Why me.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2011, 08:08:32 PM »

It was a gutsy call.

Why me, Lawd?!  Why me.

Just lucky I guess.
 Filippo Mazzie