Author Topic: Climate Cultists know their time is short - Target: Exxon Mobil  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Climate Cultists know their time is short - Target: Exxon Mobil
« on: November 06, 2015, 08:01:10 AM »
The New York attorney general has begun an investigation of Exxon Mobil to determine whether the company lied to the public about the risks of climate change or to investors about how such risks might hurt the oil business.

According to people with knowledge of the investigation, Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman issued a subpoena Wednesday evening to Exxon Mobil, demanding extensive financial records, emails and other documents.

The investigation focuses on whether statements the company made to investors about climate risks as recently as this year were consistent with the company’s own long-running scientific research.

The people said the inquiry would include a period of at least a decade during which Exxon Mobil funded outside groups that sought to undermine climate science, even as its in-house scientists were outlining the potential consequences — and uncertainties — to company executives.

Kenneth P. Cohen, vice president for public affairs at Exxon Mobil, said on Thursday that the company had received the subpoena and was still deciding how to respond.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/06/science/exxon-mobil-under-investigation-in-new-york-over-climate-statements.html?_r=0

A witch hunt doesn't get much more obvious than this.  The cultists have a solution, they are just having a hard time manufacturing the problem.  So, in typical knee-jerk leftist fashion they revert to the familiar...finding a fat juicy target and launching a mutli-pronged attack on them.  After all, the truth is immaterial to their unshakable belief, just being accused of wrongdoing is enough to start the shakedown, that the allegations came out of the thin air will not ever register on the minds of a somnolent public spoon-fed lies 24/7/365.

And the hypocrisy in demanding that which does not exist from ones public sector enemy while a public entity refuses to share taxpayer paid materials to the proper public oversight authority will also be lost on the majority of the great unwashed...

NOAA refuses to share internal documents with Congress.

My advice - put Administrator Kathryn Sullivan's ass in jail!  Hardball is all these cultists understand.

And then there is this nakedly obvious little gem - On the heels of Exxon Mobil dropping funding support for the "Clinton Global Initiative" Foundation, Hillary Clinton calls for a Federal probe of Exxon Mobil for this same nebulous "climate change activities".

Jail that bitch too!  Tired of people allowing themselves to be pushed around by this trash!  Is anybody ever going to punch these bastards in the face and not stop till they stop?!

I know, stupid ass question...

::pullhair::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Climate Cultists know their time is short - Target: Exxon Mobil
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 08:38:37 AM »
Levin was talking about this just last night.  Won't say I'm shocked; nothing these people do shocks me anymore.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 09:07:56 AM »
Levin was talking about this just last night.  Won't say I'm shocked; nothing these people do shocks me anymore.

I'd probably be shocked if they DIDN'T do something stupid.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 09:27:06 AM »
Exxon Mobil funded outside groups that sought to undermine climate science

Note to all retards coming out of our colleges of Poli Sci.  That is how real science is conducted.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 11:40:47 AM »
Exxon Mobil funded outside groups that sought to undermine climate science

Note to all retards coming out of our colleges of Poli Sci.  That is how real science is conducted.

::speechless::  Trigger words!

Here are some more...

Repeatable

Reliable

Consistent

Accountable

Integrity

I'm sure their heads popped by now even if they were paying attention...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 12:49:50 PM »

I've got outrage fatigue, to be honest.  The only thing that reignites it is the knowledge that "outrage fatigue" is a deliberate strategy of theirs.  But I am not reading news and political sites as much as I used to.  I seldom listen to Rush anymore.

There is no political solution.  I mean look at Lois Lerner, Fast & Furious, Benghazi.  All totally unscathed, even as they spat open contempt at congressional investigators during those hearings.

There is no political solution.  Doesn't mean there is no solution though.  And I'm just feeling checked out until those times arrive.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 01:23:11 PM »
I need a rage-recharge just to keep the energy up...but sometimes walking away a bit helps...

Weekends are made for distractions, thankfully.

But yeah, things can go to the Founders Solution any day now, I ain't gettin' any younger here...

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 02:38:08 PM »
I need a rage-recharge just to keep the energy up...but sometimes walking away a bit helps...

Weekends are made for distractions, thankfully.

But yeah, things can go to the Founders Solution any day now, I ain't gettin' any younger here...
I thought that would be distraction worthiness. ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.