Author Topic: What is Worse Than Federal Help?  (Read 1238 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
What is Worse Than Federal Help?
« on: May 06, 2011, 02:30:01 PM »
"Help" from the United Nations:

Five thousand dead, 300,000 ill, and a medical emergency that has already lasted six months; now the people of Haiti have someone to blame for the cholera outbreak which has swept through their earthquake-ravaged country: the blue-helmeted peacekeepers of the United Nations.

An official report into the ongoing epidemic, which began last October, has concluded that it was almost certainly caused by a poorly constructed sanitation system installed at a rural camp used by several hundred UN troops from Nepal.

The virulent strain of cholera bacteria began infecting locals after faecal matter from their base seeped from badly designed septic pits into the Meye River, a tributary of the Artibonite River in the country's central region.

The United Nations is far worse than the joke many people believe it to be. If it ever obtains the genuine global power it seeks, the 5,000 Haitians it killed in the last six months will look like the smallest of rounding errors.

As Haitians still use river water for bathing, drinking, cooking and washing clothes, I'm presuming their constitutions deal with whatever local pathogens are present, but are unable to defend against foreign infection.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: What is Worse Than Federal Help?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 01:45:06 PM »
When you see blue helmets coming at you, go the other way.

Even better, tell the blue helmets to stay the hell away!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.