Author Topic: Raspberry Zero  (Read 964 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Raspberry Zero
« on: December 01, 2015, 06:19:37 PM »
PI Zero - for $5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFFQmdUc5Vg&feature=youtu.be&a

Some assembly required and no on board analog sound.. but you can force it out with some work.  HDMI sound still supported.
But otherwise pretty cool. Give your Kids and Grandkids one in their stocking. If you can find one.. they are in short supply at the moment.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Raspberry Zero
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 06:33:22 PM »
Really neat, but you totally screwed up my head. I was flashing back to the 60's thinking this was gonna be like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9scsSgNNnBE
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:29:36 PM »
That's cool, but I'm not sure what I'd do with it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 02:36:34 AM »

Unlike some of the other stuff I post,  this is a full fledged Linux Machine.. You can use it for anything you use your PC for today. Its a bit slow at web browsing but it will get the job done. Mostly its so  you can encourage your kids or grand kids  to experiment with programming and electronics with a device that you really don't care if it gets destroyed.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 07:55:32 AM »

Unlike some of the other stuff I post,  this is a full fledged Linux Machine.. You can use it for anything you use your PC for today. Its a bit slow at web browsing but it will get the job done. Mostly its so  you can encourage your kids or grand kids  to experiment with programming and electronics with a device that you really don't care if it gets destroyed.

Ah! Now it makes sense.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson