Author Topic: Russia takes over in Syria  (Read 6377 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Russia takes over in Syria
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 11:58:14 AM »
Another Russian plane goes down...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/238556-dozens-dead-after-russian-cargo-plane-crashes-in-sudan/

...these parts of the world suck, we know.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2015, 07:52:13 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2015, 08:09:49 AM »
Well, this will be certain to heat things up in the region...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-24/turkish-f-16-shoots-down-russian-su-24-warplane-near-syria-border

http://news.yahoo.com/warplane-crashes-syria-near-turkish-border-haberturk-tv-074131995.html

OK, let the stupid kick into overdrive!

1) Turkey never belonged in NATO, but long ago (Ike/JFK) we started cozying because we wanted basing rights for plane and missiles near the soft underbelly of the Soviet Empire.  They are Muslim and under the crazy effer Erdogan they are getting more radicalized.

2) We don't belong in NATO any more either.  Once the Soviets fell we should have told the Europeans the free ride is over, fend for your fricken selves.

3) Nobody involved in this is going to back down.  Depending on the player and what time it is this is all about oil, territory, politics, power, influence, ego and wealth.  This is only going to escalate, I see no evidence anybody involved in this backing down, it is like a bunch of ravenous beasts fighting over the same kill...the scent of blood is in the air and nothing but more blood is going to satisfy.  There may be pauses and silly agreements trying to cool things down, but these embers are not going out and they are not going away.  What is truly stupid is there can be no winners here, everybody is going to lose.

NATO is convening a meeting...

http://news.yahoo.com/nato-calls-extraordinary-meeting-turkey-downs-russian-jet-115205832.html

...what should happen is they cut them loose and say goodbye, but somehow I don't see that happening.

What I do see happening is Vlad looking seriously at supporting the Kurds...something we should have done but were prevented from doing because of the shackle of being in NATO with a dipsh*t nation like Turkey.

And the air over Syria is about to get knarly.  And I think a massive escalation in Russian ground offenses in Syria is about to go prime time.

ETA - This will help advance increased kinetic activity.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:32:14 AM by Libertas »

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2015, 06:03:19 PM »
Wouldn't it be ironic if the US gets dragged into a war with Russia because of some Muzzie flyboy cowboy who thought it would be so 'allu akhbar!" to shoot down a Ruskie plane?
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2015, 10:33:46 PM »
Wouldn't it be ironic if the US gets dragged into a war with Russia because of some Muzzie flyboy cowboy who thought it would be so 'allu akhbar!" to shoot down a Ruskie plane?

World War One started under circumstances not terribly different from that!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2015, 07:23:14 AM »
Yeah, I think the Great Maha Rushie was joking about "Turks shooting down Arch Duke Ferdinand's jet yesterday!

And the Russian Bear is smashing anything near the site where their pilots were slain, so...

We'll see if this spark WW whatever number we're on...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2015, 11:55:44 AM »
Not surprising...

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htmoral/articles/20151120.aspx

...but trying to keep things low-key but still be effective militarily?  Sometimes risk cannot be avoided, only minimized...you can paralyze yourself with caution and lose battles.

Poor bastards, if this isn't resolved to their satisfaction they are hosed no matter what.

I think they are hosed...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2015, 07:29:16 AM »
Nice little tiff...

https://www.rt.com/news/324045-putin-erdogan-su-downing/

...kinda makes it hard to not see what this action in Syria is more about than propping up a puppet...

...whatever.

Don't care for either clown.  But now with France, Britain and Germany set to go playing in Syria this thing should heat up nicely.

The war nobody can walk away from and everybody wants to be a part of...what could go wrong?