Author Topic: NFL  (Read 55957 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: NFL
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2016, 02:07:18 PM »
Carolina was outcoached. Except for one Manning sack on the blitz, the Broncos read each one, checked out of a bad play and did just enough to win. Carolina never adjusted to the Broncos outside rush. Only a few times did they keep in a extra blocker, which is a must against the Broncos.

Well called Bronco gameplan. Once Cam found out he wouldn't have the time to just sit and pick receivers, he hurried throws because he doesn't read defenses real well.

Payton manning rides off into the sunset, a 6 pack of Bud in one hand and a Papa Johns pizza in the other.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2016, 09:34:19 PM »
Cam was a sore loser in the post-game interview. I guess all that "blessed" talk ran south once he realized that the Lord weren't "blessing" him yesserday. But what a crybaby, walking off the set & pouting.

#BooHooCammie  ;D #F[r]igNewton
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2016, 09:56:38 AM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/peyton-manning-calls-cam-newton-%e2%80%98extremely-humble%e2%80%99-in-defeat/ar-BBpgbGq?ocid=spartanntp

It is normal that a loss comes hard. It should. Otherwise you become a loser permanently. But, that he showed class and grace to the victor, and btw, Mannine returned that grace, speaks loudly to me. I pray the young man will be as gracious in victory as he was in defeat. 
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2016, 09:41:46 PM »
Well, as a Panthers fan I am of course disappointed.  I'm disappointed in the game, and also disappointed in all the bullsh*t that got attached to this team at the end, i.e. the "Panthers are the most unapologetically black team in football", etc.  The postgame walk off wasn't a good look for Newton.  At the same time I sympathize with anyone who gives the middle finger to the media.  They're such duplicitous bastards, whether its politics or sports.  I know there's a narrative that he's a sulking poor sport, but having followed this team I think there is an alternate explanation.  He viscerally hates losing, and can't not let it show.  It's the same when he is doing well.  He can't not let that show either.  He gave another interview after returning to Charlotte and explains some of that.

But as to the game, yes the Panthers were severely out coached.  The offensive coordinator has a dubious reputation in Carolina fandom and he did nothing to dispel that.  The O-line is pretty solid in the interior, but the ends are highly suspect.  Especially the right end, the end Von Miller was running through like a turnstile.  The Panthers offense got rattled early and lost the mental contest before they had lost it physically.  The Carolina defense played well and kept them in it up until the end, when the offense's mistakes dug too deep of a hole.

The Panthers should be better next season than they were this season.  They're in pretty enviable position right now, compared to a lot of other teams.  Now it's time to find another distraction, some other form of entertainment while waiting for SHTF.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2016, 07:36:38 AM »
I'd say you nailed it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2016, 07:42:14 AM »
Well, as a Panthers fan I am of course disappointed.  I'm disappointed in the game, and also disappointed in all the bullsh*t that got attached to this team at the end, i.e. the "Panthers are the most unapologetically black team in football", etc.  The postgame walk off wasn't a good look for Newton.  At the same time I sympathize with anyone who gives the middle finger to the media.  They're such duplicitous bastards, whether its politics or sports.  I know there's a narrative that he's a sulking poor sport, but having followed this team I think there is an alternate explanation.  He viscerally hates losing, and can't not let it show.  It's the same when he is doing well.  He can't not let that show either.  He gave another interview after returning to Charlotte and explains some of that.

But as to the game, yes the Panthers were severely out coached.  The offensive coordinator has a dubious reputation in Carolina fandom and he did nothing to dispel that.  The O-line is pretty solid in the interior, but the ends are highly suspect.  Especially the right end, the end Von Miller was running through like a turnstile.  The Panthers offense got rattled early and lost the mental contest before they had lost it physically.  The Carolina defense played well and kept them in it up until the end, when the offense's mistakes dug too deep of a hole.

The Panthers should be better next season than they were this season.  They're in pretty enviable position right now, compared to a lot of other teams.  Now it's time to find another distraction, some other form of entertainment while waiting for SHTF.

That former Viking OL of theirs got his ass handed to him.  Talk about 'been there, seen that'!

I heard part of what Cam was dealing with post-game was the weird press room configuration...basically had a curtain separating the two teams...he's trying to answer questions while hearing a Bronco DB talk up how their simple game plan shut down the Carolina run game and force Cam to make passes he isn't ready to make.  He could have handled it better but I too have little regard for any presstitute so its hard for me to give much of a crap either way.

Bread & Circus...until, well, yeah...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2016, 01:17:16 PM »
The Denver defense took advantage of the Carolina offense. For all the Cam talk, Carolina is a running team that couldn't run against Denvers front 7. Once Cam started running, I though Carolina would be ok....but he stopped and tried to do what he likes, that is sit in a protected pocket, wait until a receiver breaks open and then use that cannon arm. You simply can't do it against Denver. I don't know too many tackles who can consistently block Ware and Miller.

The Carolina offense never adjusted. I watched Denver do things offensively to negate the blitz, but I never saw Carolina make an adjustment.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2016, 02:51:38 PM »
The Carolina game plan was half right.  They went for a more vanilla offensive plan with the hope of protecting the ball in a lower scoring affair, confident that Denver's offense would be held in check.  They were correct about the last part, as Denver's offense wasn't lighting it up by any means.  The rest of the plan probably would have worked as well, had there not been such poor execution.  Receivers bobbling the ball, butter finger ball carriers.  Denver was beatable.  Carolina made critical errors.  The "any given Sunday" effect.

But I still fault the offensive game plan for not making adjustments, and for apparently deciding to treat Ware/Miller like any other tandem of pass rushers.  In the game against Houston, they negated the best end in the league, JJ Watt, so it's curious that they went so vanilla in the Super Bowl.

As for Cam Newton, it's funny because his style of play gets criticized no matter what.  In his first few years in the NFL he was criticized for running too much and not being an effective pocket passer.  This year he really emerged as a true dual threat, as his pocket passing improved considerably.  That improvement cannot be overstated when you consider the corps of nobody receivers he had to work with.  But then he begins to be criticized for abandoning the run and trying to force plays from the pocket.  He still prefers to run it himself, so failing to do so in the Super Bowl is something I'd lay at the foot of coaching more than him.

The controversy surrounding him is an interesting look at how the media really are just a bunch of jackals who enjoy wielding their "we made you, and we can destroy you too" power over people.  They've been heaping criticism on him for not falling on the ball when he fumbled, yet if he'd done so and came out from under that dog pile with a broken leg they'd be heaping criticism on him for a "Superman" complex and how a smart QB would have known to back off and get a better angle on the ball.  Drew Brees nearly ruined his career in a similar situation, so I can't really fault Newton for not falling on it.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2016, 07:39:23 AM »
Now the Christian-haters at the NFL want to bully Georgia into dropping their Religious Liberty Bill or risk losing the Superbowl scheduled for Atlanta.

http://www.weaselzippers.us/262617-nfl-warning-atlanta-may-not-get-super-bowl-if-governor-signs-religious-liberty-bill/

I'd flash the Christian-haters my ass.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2016, 09:14:22 PM »
Not that I really needed a reason to hate the New Orleans Saints any more than I already do.

Head Coach / Bounty Setter / Vicodin Thief Sean Payton: "I hate guns. ... I've heard people argue that everybody needs a gun. That's madness. I know there are many kids who grow up in a hunting environment. I get that. But there are places, like England, where even the cops don't have guns,"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000652024/article/sean-payton-on-will-smith-death-i-hate-guns

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2016, 09:31:19 PM »
Then go to a dumbass nation like England that doesn't have rights, sh*tbrain! Payton is a dick, thinks rights are subjective, what a fool!  Wait till the Progs turn football into a non-contact non-results oriented sham and people stop watching and hear him piss and moan about the right to earn a living and see if anybody gives a rat's ass!  He can go outside and play hide and go bleep himself.  That tool cannot even play within the rules so we know what he thinks of integrity, no surprise he thinks rights are for him and nobody else.  He can go bleep himself!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 07:33:43 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2016, 07:34:49 AM »
Awesome, season is over...now on to other pursuits.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000692565/article/teddy-bridgewater-suffers-dislocated-knee-torn-acl

I got a lot of time on my hands till hockey season starts...

::whoohoo::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2016, 09:40:47 AM »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000692565/article/teddy-bridgewater-suffers-dislocated-knee-torn-acl

Sorry......But to pour salt on the wound, I see the Wild taking a step back.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2016, 11:15:25 AM »

In a playoff sense?  Maybe, our new guy has a pretty solid track record of really good regular seasons followed by a complete playoff flop.

So I got that to look forward too...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2016, 02:21:02 PM »

In a playoff sense?  Maybe, our new guy has a pretty solid track record of really good regular seasons followed by a complete playoff flop.

Uhhh.....I don't think you guys will make the playoffs.....lol

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2016, 07:03:28 AM »

So much for my parade...I'm getting wet but I don't think it's rain...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2016, 01:07:59 PM »

So much for my parade...I'm getting wet but I don't think it's rain...

LOL....

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2016, 07:29:26 AM »
Huh, we acquire Bradford...a #1 next year and a 4th the year after seems a bit pricey for a oft-injured QB with flashes of talent.  Good thing we have a better O-line this year...keeping Sam upright will be good, and receiving corps is better.  But I think coach is blowing some smoke your way Don by not announcing a starter for the game...I doubt Sam has learned all of Turner's playbook...even a slimmed-down playbook would be hard to pick up this fast.  I guess our guy is trying to play yours...but I don't think Tennessee's approach on D is going to be altered one iota, I still see at least 8 in the box to stop Peterson no matter what.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2016, 08:11:17 AM »
Of course everyone is excited here.....new year and all. I hate Bridgewater was hurt. Our run D is decent but our pass defense is horrible, so without Bridgewater I'd say our opportunity to win goes up a bit. Plus, Bridgewater was going to be one of my QB's in fantasy football this first round of games because of our pass defense.

This game will likely go by quickly. You guys will run Peterson 25 times and we will run Murray 25 times so unless each team takes a ton of penalties the NFL will have some dead time between TV games.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2016, 08:22:21 AM »
Yeah, last one to kick a FG probably wins...