Author Topic: NFL  (Read 56107 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
NFL
« on: December 06, 2015, 11:48:46 PM »
Who's still watching?  They've tried their best to make me lose interest, with all their PC BS, but old habits die hard and it's still part of my Sunday regimen.

My team remains undefeated at 12-0!  It remains to be seen if they'll be able to pull off an undefeated season.

What happened to the Vikings vs. Seahawks?  Seattle spanked them like AP's unruly child  ::evil::
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: NFL
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 07:14:14 AM »
Who's still watching?  They've tried their best to make me lose interest, with all their PC BS, but old habits die hard and it's still part of my Sunday regimen.

My team remains undefeated at 12-0!  It remains to be seen if they'll be able to pull off an undefeated season.

What happened to the Vikings vs. Seahawks?  Seattle spanked them like AP's unruly child  ::evil::

Our OL is about as credible as a Hitlery's public statements, and our QB...Teddy Ponder/Christian Bridgewater...stinks on ice...he has no idea what a check-down or progression is...and if he could complete a pass of 20 yards or more it would be a fluke.  Plus, our D was down our best plug in the middle of the line and then our top 2 players (safety/LB) went gimpy.  But the D woes do not excuse the horsedung offense.  Our GM (Spielman) is the same guy that ruined the Dolphins and got run out of town...we might have waited a couple years too long to do the same...and I see no movement on that front so, we're screwed.  The good news is I saw early on the direction this was taking and bailed...which is good news for my BIL as I am still trying to get his books caught up.

::unknowncomic::

On the plus side the 5-7 Gophers got invited to the prestigious Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit 3 days after Christmas because the NCAA had nobody else left to pick from...so being in a republic in decline is paying off there.
 ::rimshot::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 10:33:14 PM »
Just watched your boys choke vs. the Cardinals.  WTF were they thinking?  Take a shot down the field, and if it doesn't work go ahead and kick the FG and finish the game in OT.

I would be raging if I was a Vikings fan right now.  :)

- Yours Truly

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 07:55:47 AM »
Just watched your boys choke vs. the Cardinals.  WTF were they thinking?  Take a shot down the field, and if it doesn't work go ahead and kick the FG and finish the game in OT.

I would be raging if I was a Vikings fan right now.  :)

You have your Vikings [can't believe I typed their name], but try living your life as a Lions fan.  ::unknowncomic:: The last good team they had was in the 1950's with Bobby [kick their a*s if they screw up] Layne as their quarterback.  Even after out partyin' all night on Sat. he'd play like a mad man on Sunday.  In 58' after three straight years of winning years and championships, the Lions traded him and rumor has it that he put a 50 year curse on the Lions.  Well that 'curse' is now in it's 57th year and still going strong, because they sure are geniuses at "inventing" ways to lose, most recent example, the Green Bay game a week ago yesterday.  Even the talking heads knew that GB would try a 61 yard 'hail Mary' with only 6 sec. to play, but not the "pussycats", so another "L" in their history.  And your Vikings have had their number ever since I can remember --- The Lions have made my favorite sport - "turning off the TV when they are on". ::rant:: ::taz::
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:58:49 AM by rustybayonet »
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 11:42:56 AM »
Everyone knew Green Bay was going for the Hail Mary, so why the Lions didn't put their future Hall of Fame WR in there I don't know.

But my team is not the Vikings.  My team is the Panthers.  I was hoping Minnesota would beat Arizona to give us a bigger cushion for home field advantage in the playoffs.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 01:09:55 PM »
The dropback on 3rd down for the strip-sack-fumble was the perfect Viking play call...anybody who has suffered decades watching these clowns knows there is always a new way to piss a game away, I had nothing but a snort and a dark laugh to offer.  Just another game for Vikings lore.

::unknowncomic::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 09:18:19 AM »
Wow, you guys really must enjoy the punishment to even watch the effeminate NFL football game. Give the defense pistols without sights and two rounds to make it worthwhile watching. I know, blood but hey, most of them came from the 'hood anyway.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 11:39:44 AM »
 ::puke::
Wow, you guys really must enjoy the punishment to even watch the effeminate NFL football game. Give the defense pistols without sights and two rounds to make it worthwhile watching. I know, blood but hey, most of them came from the 'hood anyway.

Even though the Lions stunk the second half Monday night, time ran out for the Saints come back.
You mentioned 'a pistol with two rounds' -- hell they couldn't hit a barn at 5 feet with a scatter gun.  Now even QB Stafford's wife is in the hot seat.  Seems she had 5 tickets for the Saints game and says that a family member was "ill" so she couldn't go, but instead of donating the tickets to people in 'need', she tries to sell them on the internet.  But hell, he only makes $20 Million so I guess they needed the money.  Then later when questioned [I paraphrase], "get over yourself, I was going to donate the money" was her response. Wonder who the donation would go to?????

Oh well, high class sports at it's best ---   ::puke::

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/kelly-stafford-matt-stafford-try-to-sell-detroit-lions-tickets-nfl-122115
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 11:45:02 AM by rustybayonet »
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 02:52:23 PM »
Probably donate it to the Imelda Marcos Fund for Unfortunate Trophy Wives With Less Than 100 Pairs of Shoes.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 09:14:30 PM »
Geez Glock, your Panthers not take Atlanta serious?   ::whatgives::

They lose to TB next week and Arizona who is hot wins and AZ will get the top seed.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 07:35:23 PM »
Time to see the weekly crapshoot that is the Vikings...who probably haven't won in GB since the Reagan Administration...   ::unknowncomic::

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 08:07:58 PM »
Steelers stumbled in the back door.

Last two weeks they hardly looked like a team that was playing for the playoffs

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 08:08:16 PM »

They lose to TB next week and Arizona who is hot wins and AZ will get the top seed.

Yeah they really crapped the bed in Atlanta.  I don't know what was up with them.  They blew their shot at an undefeated season, but as long as they bring their A game to the playoffs it will be alright.  A lot of good teams dropped to lesser opponents last week.

Seattle annihilated Arizona today, that was a bit of a surprise.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 08:49:55 AM »

Yeah they really crapped the bed in Atlanta.  I don't know what was up with them.  They blew their shot at an undefeated season, but as long as they bring their A game to the playoffs it will be alright.  A lot of good teams dropped to lesser opponents last week.

Yeah they looked good against TB, but who doesn't?  They better hope the Vikings beat Seattle (which I am predicting will not happen, that team just beats us like a rag doll) because if Seattle wins they being the low seed would go to you guys.  I would think Carolina would prefer the GB/Was survivor.

But hey, the Vikes beat the Pack in Lambeau for the first time in whatever and won the division, so denying them the division and sending their asses on the road is a pretty good consolation even if they get beaten to a pulp next week.  (My sister went to to the game with friends, hope she got out OK, I'll have to check on that!)

Our QB is mediocre on a good day and our O-line (especially on pass D) has been vomitous all season.  This could be fugly.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 01:04:22 PM »
The Viking/ Green bay game appeared to be a contest which both teams wanted to lose so they could play Washington instead of a clicking Seattle.

The interception discount double check threw in the 4th quarter, in the end zone, was a perfect pass to the defender. Discount double check tried to throw another, but the Viking DB refused to catch it, knocking it down like he was playing hot potato with his kids. It was then I believe both teams get the call from the NFL and they played it out from there.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 03:26:33 PM »
Heh, discount double check!   ::hysterical::

Good stuff.   ::thumbsup::

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 03:45:57 PM »
They barely even had 'highlights' [actually - who cares lights], but the invent ways to lose Lions, beat the iept Bears 24-20 in the 'toilet bowl'.  I guess the boat didn't have as big a leak.  Now in keeping with the Lion motto;

WAIT TIL' NEXT YEAR

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 06:45:23 PM »

Yeah they looked good against TB, but who doesn't?  They better hope the Vikings beat Seattle (which I am predicting will not happen, that team just beats us like a rag doll) because if Seattle wins they being the low seed would go to you guys.  I would think Carolina would prefer the GB/Was survivor.

But hey, the Vikes beat the Pack in Lambeau for the first time in whatever and won the division, so denying them the division and sending their asses on the road is a pretty good consolation even if they get beaten to a pulp next week.  (My sister went to to the game with friends, hope she got out OK, I'll have to check on that!)

Our QB is mediocre on a good day and our O-line (especially on pass D) has been vomitous all season.  This could be fugly.

Of the NFC playoff teams, the Panthers have played and beat 3 of them during the regular season, including Seattle -- in Seattle.  The easier road would probably indeed be the Vikings winning so that the Panthers get the winner of the GB/Washington game.  I don't expect that's going to happen, but you never know.  All of these teams have dropped games that should have been no-brainers, so "any given Sunday" and all that still applies.  Plus I think it's supposed to be like 13 degrees for the Minn game.  We'll see how well Seattle travels against that.  I would think those conditions dictate a run-heavy offense, which favors AP over a questionable Lynch.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 07:24:06 AM »

Of the NFC playoff teams, the Panthers have played and beat 3 of them during the regular season, including Seattle -- in Seattle.  The easier road would probably indeed be the Vikings winning so that the Panthers get the winner of the GB/Washington game.  I don't expect that's going to happen, but you never know.  All of these teams have dropped games that should have been no-brainers, so "any given Sunday" and all that still applies.  Plus I think it's supposed to be like 13 degrees for the Minn game.  We'll see how well Seattle travels against that.  I would think those conditions dictate a run-heavy offense, which favors AP over a questionable Lynch.

Agreed.

But, I'm not too invested...I look upon such contests like a latter day Roman seeing the end is near and going to the Coliseum out of habit and boredom...perhaps rooting for the Christian to live.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2016, 10:07:18 AM »
Yeah it's mindless entertainment at this point, since I am now completely divested from politics.  The only aspect of politics that holds any interest for me is the possibility of Trump plunging a dagger into the E-GOP.

- Yours Truly