Author Topic: Christmas Presents  (Read 829 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Christmas Presents
« on: December 10, 2015, 12:05:45 PM »
I think it may just be time to start upping the gifting for those youngsters of proper age...soon, we'll need all hands on deck.   ;)

Red Rider AR-15 - H/T - http://iotwreport.com/youll-shoot-your-eye-out-kid/

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
Re: Christmas Presents
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 03:08:58 PM »
"A Christmas Story"  is set in the city near me (Hammond,  Indiana,  called Homan in the book and movie, which is a name of a major road).  It was written by Jean Shepard who grew up there.   

Jean Shepard was best known for his long time radio show that he did out of NYC.   In spite of this very sweet childhood story about his hometown,  Shepard really had a great disdain for the region (NW Indiana),  much to the annoyance of the city fathers,  his peers and other people living in the area of the time.    Only since his death,  has Hammond embraced Shepard's story,  attempting to attract fans of the movie.   

He was one of those liberals who could never see past his own biases.   He thought he was champion of the working class,  when in reality he was only advocating for things that would make life much worse for those people.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Christmas Presents
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 08:38:16 AM »

He was one of those liberals who could never see past his own biases.   He thought he was champion of the working class,  when in reality he was only advocating for things that would make life much worse for those people.

Sounds like the vast majority of "artists'.

I happen to love the movie.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson