Author Topic: You can't make this up  (Read 1537 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
You can't make this up
« on: December 14, 2015, 07:17:06 AM »
I was torn to put this here or in entertainment. ::laughonfloor::

https://www.rt.com/usa/325536-us-town-fears-solar-farms/
The next speakers were Bobby and Jane Mann.

Jane Mann said she is a local native and is concerned about the plants that make the community beautiful.

She is a retired Northampton science teacher and is concerned that photosynthesis, which depends upon sunlight, would not happen and would keep the plants from growing. She said she has observed areas near solar panels where the plants are brown and dead because they did not get enough sunlight.

She also questioned the high number of cancer deaths in the area, saying no one could tell her that solar panels didn’t cause cancer.

“I want to know what’s going to happen,” she said. “I want information. Enough is enough. I don’t see the profit for the town.

“People come with hidden agendas,” she said. “Until we can find if anything is going to damage this community, we shouldn’t sign any paper.”

Bobby Mann said he watched communities dry up when I-95 came along and warned that would happen to Woodland because of the solar farms.

“You’re killing your town,” he said. “All the young people are going to move out.”

He said the solar farms would suck up all the energy from the sun and businesses would not come to Woodland.

Sounds like these 2 deserve each other. ::hysterical::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: You can't make this up
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 08:09:48 AM »
Yeah, I see what you mean...science and humor...it's like climate cultists and weather...most libiots cannot make either distinction in either case anyway, so...

::hysterical::

They should quit their bitchin'!  You know what y'all need?  Some wind farms to go along with those solar farms!  Yeah, the best response isn't less expensive green energy but more expensive green energy!  Yeah, that's the ticket!

::laughonfloor::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 08:37:07 AM »
"I was torn to put this here or in entertainment. ::laughonfloor:: "

And heaven forbid all 833 residents VOTE.  Maybe 'obamacare' can send in surgeons to do lobotomies on those poor "highfaluting" [one of their words] souls.   ::exitstageleft::

By the way ; spell check wants to change the word "obamacare" to "OBSCURE", boy they sure have an understanding of the brains behind that gem from the gobberment !!!!! ::pokeineye::
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 09:53:41 AM »
Well, look on the bright side. From this one control group, we learn that the solar panels won't suck up all the stupid from the progs. Other measures will have to be taken to fix that.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 08:43:41 PM »
Ah,  retired science teacher?     Must have a town full of people who don't know much science..........or anything for that matter.

If anything the reason the plants are brown is that they got fried up by the reflection of the solar panels.................

And if your young people are leaving town,  its because there is no employment.   So they don't have much choice if they don't want to be sponges on society.   Its not because you don't have bike trails,  a whole foods,  or whatever flavor of the  month there is.

I wonder if this town has banned nuclear,  coal, natural gas plants as well.  Got to love people who think power can be made in someones else's backyard.   I only wish when the brownouts and blackouts start up, that communities like this one get left in the dark first.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 06:57:49 AM »
Heh, yeah...hard to feel sorry for folks for committing suicide, eh?

They do everything to drive out people and jobs and then piss and moan and blame others instead of themselves for their problems.

Well, as they dangle on their own petard and feebly wail...I'll just amble by and mutter "Sucks to be you".
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 09:38:59 AM »
Using their thought process -- Wondering if wind turbines makes the town windy or stops the wind from blowing ?  Inquiring mind wants to know..om ... ::thinking::
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday