Author Topic: where the F is winter?  (Read 9715 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: where the F is winter?
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 12:27:05 PM »
Not unheard of but I'll take as much of it as He wants to give me
One thing is certain, the weather, cold weather, usually benefits the home team ballet dancers in the NFL but I doubt it will this time around. The home teams will have to depend on the usual bad calls from the referees to offset the mild weather. ::hysterical::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2015, 12:37:33 PM »
Steelers are looking pretty tough right now.
See if they can sweep the Bengals Sunday

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 12:43:47 PM »
Bengals been skidding in offensive production since losing their QB, too bad, they had a nice season going.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 01:59:59 PM »
The Minne Vikes are half decent this year, aren't they?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 02:38:02 PM »
Half. 

Can't beat GB, yet.  Can't beat Seattle, can't beat Arizona, can't beat Denver.

They are at best, a year away.  They might make the playoffs this year, but they won't go far.

Oh, and in case Glock wants to know...winter is the F here!  I have globalwarmink falling from the sky all damn day long!  It will be a long slog home!

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2015, 02:51:16 PM »
Half. 

Can't beat GB, yet.  Can't beat Seattle, can't beat Arizona, can't beat Denver.

They are at best, a year away.  They might make the playoffs this year, but they won't go far.

Oh, and in case Glock wants to know...winter is the F here!  I have globalwarmink falling from the sky all damn day long!  It will be a long slog home!
Which section will they be seated at? ::hysterical::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2015, 03:12:12 PM »
Poured rain here this morning, with thunder.  Old Wives Tale/Farmer's Almanac says thunder in winter means snow in/within ten days.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2015, 06:32:57 PM »
Not unheard of but I'll take as much of it as He wants to give me
One thing is certain, the weather, cold weather, usually benefits the home team ballet dancers in the NFL but I doubt it will this time around. The home teams will have to depend on the usual bad calls from the referees to offset the mild weather. ::hysterical::

Yeah my Panthers are in hot water with the PC Police for, allegedly, using "homophobic" remarks towards Odell Beckham in that game against the Giants.  Among the things said, they were apparently calling him a ballerina during the pre-game warm ups.  Rush even talked about it the other day, dubbing them the Carolina Homophobes.

I kind of like that they're developing a reputation for embarrassing prima donna wide receivers.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2015, 03:03:32 PM »
We get to face that prima ballerina on the super fantastic flexed Sunday night game.

Can't believe they overturned that nutbar's suspension, but in ObamAmerica psycho prima ballerina's generate higher hype value and hence more TV ad dollars for struggling millionaires and billionaires.

If I were CB Xavier Rhodes & crew I would fire up the ballerina talk during warmups and not let up.  Heck, if it's drama they want, give it to 'em.  The NFL is obviously wanting it.

"Integrity of the game"!  Ha!

::upsidedownflag::

PS - You want winter?

Come on up!

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/usheat.gif

PPS - For climate cultists/weather deniers - https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2015/12/24/christmas-eve-1955-was-much-warmer/
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 03:08:51 PM by Libertas »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2015, 07:29:58 PM »

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2015, 07:38:44 PM »
Oh btw Libertas, Twinkletoes' suspension was upheld.  That report about it being overturned was itself overturned later.  So your Vikings get the Giants minus one ballerina in their Nutcracker Suite.

I hope the Vikings win, because that will help drive the final nails into the Atlanta Falcons' coffin, and that makes me smile.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/12/23/odell-beckham-suspension-overturned-ron-jaworski/

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2015, 01:38:03 AM »

Hang tight, Glockie; I be sending the wahmboolamps fer ya.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2015, 09:23:09 AM »
Oh btw Libertas, Twinkletoes' suspension was upheld.  That report about it being overturned was itself overturned later.  So your Vikings get the Giants minus one ballerina in their Nutcracker Suite.

I hope the Vikings win, because that will help drive the final nails into the Atlanta Falcons' coffin, and that makes me smile.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/12/23/odell-beckham-suspension-overturned-ron-jaworski/

Shocking, since when did the NFL pretend to have principles?  I won't beat Jaws up to hard on that one, NFL did the blind squirrel routine...

Atlanta is so overrated, I had them pegged as the pretender in the undefeated ranks when we had those 7-8 teams that started hot.  For a while I thought Carolina might be a bit lucky too but beating Seattle kinda dispelled that.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2015, 07:52:35 AM »
Some rather nasty weather out there...

https://gma.yahoo.com/least-8-dead-tornadoes-severe-storms-near-dallas-121756498--abc-news-topstories.html

It's not good when folks get killed, suspect this is the usual mix of short warnings, not paying attention and being in the wrong spot...

We have a nasty blow starting here this afternoon, might result in a snow day tomorrow if it is ugly enough.  Winter storm warning from 3pm today to 6pm tomorrow.  It was 0 last night and not much better this am.

Looks like Mississippi & Alabama still have tornado watches and there are flood warnings from OK to NC/VA and from MI/AL up to IL.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2016, 09:21:54 AM »
Coming in the far days of the extended outlook.  Below zero in Crapholesota is on its way.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2016, 10:09:42 AM »
I got me some winter today.
Not much snow but temps headed way down for a couple days.
Forecast of 6 for tonight.
It's about 16 right now.

Brrr!

Take it back!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2016, 11:36:18 AM »
Supposed to be 14 on Sunday when the Seahags roll into town...which is still 34 degrees warmer than I would like for that contest.

After they leave town though, it can warm up again.   :D

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2016, 12:48:52 PM »
Supposed to be 14 on Sunday when the Seahags roll into town...which is still 34 degrees warmer than I would like for that contest.

I don't think playing in cold weather is an advantage for the Vikings anymore. That was a mental toughness thing in the Bud Grant era. He had his team and the entire league convinced that cold weather was advatage: Vikings. But that was a leader, leading grown men.

Now we have diversity-trained pussified coaches and entitled little-boy brat millionaire athletes. None of them have the capacity to build the mystique required to do what Bud Grant and his men did. Hell, if a Vikings coach tried to make players play in the cold without propane heaters on the sidelines like Grant did as a demonstration of the mystique, the coach would be labeled an abuser and a racist.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 12:53:52 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2016, 03:25:08 PM »

I don't think playing in cold weather is an advantage for the Vikings anymore. That was a mental toughness thing in the Bud Grant era. He had his team and the entire league convinced that cold weather was advatage: Vikings. But that was a leader, leading grown men.

Now we have diversity-trained pussified coaches and entitled little-boy brat millionaire athletes. None of them have the capacity to build the mystique required to do what Bud Grant and his men did. Hell, if a Vikings coach tried to make players play in the cold without propane heaters on the sidelines like Grant did as a demonstration of the mystique, the coach would be labeled an abuser and a racist.

True enough.

Still, I long for a brutal outdoor game...just for the sake of nostalgia...

The hot house plants will be in their new Palace of Plastic next year.  Like their namesakes...they are a far cry from their ancestors...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2016, 01:34:56 PM »
Not a fan of domes.  Part of the mythology of football was the idea that the game was played, no matter what.  Pouring rain, driving snow, or sweltering heat, the game is played.  Those conditions are an X factor for both teams and helped separate winners from losers.

But the domes aren't for the players.  They're for the wine and cheese crowd that now constitute the bulk of season ticket holders across the league.

- Yours Truly