Author Topic: We knew it was coming  (Read 1567 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
We knew it was coming
« on: December 21, 2015, 12:53:29 PM »
Bestiality in the cinema?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-21/leonardo-dicaprio-responds-to-bear-claims-the-revenant-730/7046524
Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio has told the ABC's 7.30 program a "ground-breaking" bear attack scene in his latest film The Revenant involved the director watching 100 different attacks.

But the actor stopped short of discussing the sequence in detail, despite some online outlets claiming it depicts DiCaprio's character Hugh Glass being raped by the bear.

Fox Studios was this month forced to deny The Drudge Report's story that claimed the film features "a shocking scene of a wild bear raping Leo DiCaprio".

The studio told US entertainment bulletin Entertainment Weekly the bear in the film is female, and attacks DiCaprio's character "because she feels he might be threatening her cubs".

DiCaprio was coy with the details, but praised director Alejandro Inarritu's approach to directing the scene.

"I'm not at real liberty to speak to you about exactly how [the director] pulled this off," DiCaprio told 7.30's Leigh Sales.

"So much of the director's technique is something that he wants to keep to himself because he loves the idea of audiences submerging themselves in something that is almost like virtual reality.

"But I will say that it involved months of rehearsal and it involved him watching 100 different bear attacks.
DiCaprio says scene is 'very raw, violent, savage'

"What he achieves cinematically is something that I think is very ground-breaking, and that is the ability for an audience to be in a sort of very raw, violent, savage bear attack, yet feel the intimacy of both man and beast."

DiCaprio said the sequence was a visceral one for the viewing audience.

"You feel the sweat, and the heat coming off the animal," he said.

"It's almost like he awakens other senses within you as an audience member, and you feel like you're some voyeuristic animal watching something that you shouldn't be watching.

"But most of that is achieved in a lot of the silent moments that he creates in that sequence."

Sounds like he enjoyed it just a tad too much.

As an aside, I refuse to see any of this asshat's films until I can watch them for free.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: We knew it was coming
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 01:50:30 PM »
You had me...right up to the word "until". 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 05:04:49 PM »

Hey, if I can watch it and and not give him a dime, I have no problem with it. It may even be a good movie since I like early pioneer and cowboy movies.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 07:02:59 AM »

Hey, if I can watch it and and not give him a dime, I have no problem with it. It may even be a good movie since I like early pioneer and cowboy movies.

I hear ya, they come out so infrequently though.  Take this Hatefull Eight coming out, has Kurt Russell, that Walton Goggins dude (Justified) who always plays a likable bad guy, bad-ass girl Zoe Bell, Channing Tatum, JJ Leigh, Bruce Dern and longtime pals of that nutbar Tarantino - Sam Jackson and Michael Madsen.  But there's the problem...I don't want to give a dime to Tarantino.

But all I have to do is mention "western" to my father and he'll pay.   ;D

Lenny DiCaprio though...I don't think I could sucker anybody into spending good money on that putz.  I have to draw the line somewhere...

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 07:33:09 AM »
Guess I'm a old fart 'stick-in-the-mud', but most all movies today are a total waste of time and money.  Occasionally when I do find a good one, I'll buy it [at least some use for the dust covered TV], now they include those fu*king commercials on the discs also.
Keeping my rant going - most TV programs fall into the same category.  At least down here, you can switch from local news on one station to another station and watch the stories without interruption, from the same looking 'clones' reading the same word for word teleprompter, [if it bleeds, it leads] followed by the same 11-15 commercials that are mostly a insult to your intelligence.

Okay ::rant::
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 09:14:56 AM »
Yeah, about those insult-your-intelligence commercials:  weren't we told, over and over, that "pay TV" would eliminate them?  Anybody but me remember?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 09:25:20 AM »
You mean the cable and satellite providers lied their thieving asses off!  No, I don't believe it!

/

And is anything more insulting to ones intelligence than anything put out by those dirtsack left-wing Ad Council clowns?  It is no coincidence their rise to infamy occurred at the moment billions of dollars flowed into statists hands when the anti-tobacco lawsuits were won!

::angry::   ::cussing::   ::gaah::