Author Topic: Virginia revokes handgun permit agreement with 25 states  (Read 1804 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Virginia revokes handgun permit agreement with 25 states
« on: December 22, 2015, 06:30:39 PM »
In yet another attempt to steal our 2nd adm  rights,  Virginia to end recognizing conceal carry permits from 25 other states.  Lame

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/22/virginia-to-end-recognizing-concealed-carry-gun-permits-from-25-states.html?intcmp=hppop

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: Virginia revokes handgun permit agreement with 25 states
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 07:03:53 AM »
No, the lame part come in with the statement from the AG which is utter be es.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 07:33:50 AM »
No shyt Warp!

WTF is this?

Attorney General Mark Herring, a Democrat, said the state will revoke its reciprocity agreement with the states because their concealed weapon laws don't meet Virginia's standards. Those states hand out permits to people who are barred under the Virginia law, like fugitives, convicted stalkers and drug dealers, which undermines the state's law and puts residents at risk, he said.

What a load of excrement!  What state is allowing CRIMINALS to carry concealed weapons let alone grant them permits!  Show me your proof you lying little shyt!  But that asshole can't, this is one big massive PR stunt to jazz up the gun-grabber lobby, I wouldn't be surprised if this asshole got money from the like of Bloomberg and Nazi dicks like that!  I know almost for certain he probably got money from Soros, that incubus as been buying AG & SecState offices for years!  I hope this guts Virginia's business travel and tourism industry!  I hope that effing dumbass-led state experiences full economic collapse!  Outside of the government facilities and homes of bigshots and bureaucrats close to DC (McLean, Arlington, Alexandria) the rest of the state should take a beating, as should DC and surrounding areas that thrive on tourism.

There ought to be a massive boycott of Virginia and the greater DC area!  I know Maryland is mostly ProgTard run too, but if they had any brains they'd liberalize their CCW laws and pick up the states Virginia booted, but Maryland has pretty strict restrictions and does not have reciprocity with many states, much like Virginia does now.  So, eff Maryland too!

::mooning::

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 07:37:35 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 09:09:59 AM »
... the state will revoke its reciprocity agreement with the states because their concealed weapon laws don't meet Virginia's standards. Those states hand out permits to people who are barred under the Virginia law, like fugitives, convicted stalkers and drug dealers ...

Since NC is on VA's no-go list, I have to say that I'm unsure if a conviction on one's record is an automatic denial for a permit.  I do know the question is asked on the form.

Some years ago, Wyoming revoked reciprocity with NC because our requirements at the time did not meet their definition of "stringent enough".  Never got the details.

I had to renew mine last January and found that an authorization of a mental health records check was now required in this county.  (It varied from county to county until the State made it mandatory).  Because in 1996, that was nineteen years ago, I spoke to a county clinic 'professional' about being depressed, the Lt. in the Sheriff's office held up my permit while he decided to yea or nay me.  (I wasn't officially diagnosed and wasn't prescribed any anti-depressants.  Matter of fact, when an actual doctor tried to push the drugs on me, I quit going.)  So, there's that.

In any case, in the comments to another piece on this subject, somebody said that VA's an open carry state anyway, so, really, isn't the question of a CCP moot then?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 09:21:52 AM »
Hmmm...

But even in most open carry states...it's not like you can just tool around any old place...

Even with state desired limits on conceal carry...what is unseen is easier to go unquestioned...

And I suspect this is going to be used (perverted) by gun-grabbers when calls for a national standard come up again, and you know any legislation coming from the likes of these traitors will end up being a backdoor control bill, not a right bill!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 09:34:20 AM »
Virginia didn't revoke reciprocity. Their Democrat attorney general did. I wonder about the legal authority for him to do this. Does he actually possess it, or is this from Hussein's playbook - just issue an edict and an order to bureaucracies to follow it, and deal with resistance in the courts and legislature.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 09:46:54 AM »
Virginia didn't revoke reciprocity. Their Democrat attorney general did. I wonder about the legal authority for him to do this. Does he actually possess it, or is this from Hussein's playbook - just issue an edict and an order to bureaucracies to follow it, and deal with resistance in the courts and legislature.

That's the way I see it as well.  I'm sure he's got the Governor's approval, so it's off to the courts.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 10:54:19 AM »
No shyt Warp!

WTF is this?

Attorney General Mark Herring, a Democrat, said the state will revoke its reciprocity agreement with the states because their concealed weapon laws don't meet Virginia's standards. Those states hand out permits to people who are barred under the Virginia law, like fugitives, convicted stalkers and drug dealers, which undermines the state's law and puts residents at risk, he said.

What a load of excrement!  What state is allowing CRIMINALS to carry concealed weapons let alone grant them permits!  Show me your proof you lying little shyt!  But that asshole can't, this is one big massive PR stunt to jazz up the gun-grabber lobby, I wouldn't be surprised if this asshole got money from the like of Bloomberg and Nazi dicks like that!  I know almost for certain he probably got money from Soros, that incubus as been buying AG & SecState offices for years!  I hope this guts Virginia's business travel and tourism industry!  I hope that effing dumbass-led state experiences full economic collapse!  Outside of the government facilities and homes of bigshots and bureaucrats close to DC (McLean, Arlington, Alexandria) the rest of the state should take a beating, as should DC and surrounding areas that thrive on tourism.

There ought to be a massive boycott of Virginia and the greater DC area!  I know Maryland is mostly ProgTard run too, but if they had any brains they'd liberalize their CCW laws and pick up the states Virginia booted, but Maryland has pretty strict restrictions and does not have reciprocity with many states, much like Virginia does now.  So, eff Maryland too!

::mooning::

I read it somewhere regarding this that the turd did in fact get money from Bloomy's PAC.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 12:47:04 PM »
Yeah, I figured it was a near certainty, Warp.   ::gaah::

I'm so sick of these jackwagons!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 01:32:43 PM »
Those states hand out permits to people who are barred under the Virginia law, like fugitives, convicted stalkers and drug dealers, which undermines the state's law and puts residents at risk, he said.

The glaringly obvious truth that none of these sh*tweasels will ever acknowledge is this: "fugitives" and "convicted stalkers" and "drug dealers" are all already carrying concealed weapons in your state.  They were before this, and they will continue to after this.  The only people affected by this policy change are the people already inclined to follow the law.

My policy, however, has not changed:  "Concealed means concealed."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 02:30:47 PM »
Those states hand out permits to people who are barred under the Virginia law, like fugitives, convicted stalkers and drug dealers, which undermines the state's law and puts residents at risk, he said.

The glaringly obvious truth that none of these sh*tweasels will ever acknowledge is this: "fugitives" and "convicted stalkers" and "drug dealers" are all already carrying concealed weapons in your state.  They were before this, and they will continue to after this.  The only people affected by this policy change are the people already inclined to follow the law.

My policy, however, has not changed:  "Concealed means concealed."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 07:51:12 PM »
  Bet he ends up running for governor.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 08:23:39 AM »
http://www.weaselzippers.us/247564-virginia-gop-may-strip-mcauliffe-of-his-armed-protective-detail-over-revocation-of-concealed-carry-reciprocity/

Sure, swell...you said it now you have to do it.   ;)

The legislative part is probably a safer bet than the impeachment part...but don't pull up short there either...Terry McAufull needs to get removed too!

I'll believe it when I see it...

Offline richb

• Established Member