Author Topic: Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister, 70  (Read 814 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister, 70
« on: December 29, 2015, 01:40:02 AM »
Saw Motorhead live a few times over the years. They always sucked, terribly. But the guy was a beloved icon nonetheless.

Lemmy Kilmister, 70
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister, 70
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 06:38:13 AM »
70 was probably a good run, considering the legendary rock and roll lifestyle he maintained.

I'm probably a Hawkwind fan more than a Motorhead fan so this is my Lemmy classic

! No longer available

It's good to see they made up in recent years to do that "reunion" so many have done, before the members start dying.

! No longer available

RIP

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister, 70
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 07:10:55 AM »
I heard this on the radio...has had health issues, then an aggressive cancer diagnosis and like poof he's gone.  But yeah by all accounts he was R&R to the end, so you have to respect a guy going out the way they want.  Not saying I'd advocate his path, but freedom isn't really freedom unless you can do what you want.  Can't say I was a big Motorhead fan, but if Ace of Spades came on the radio, yeah of course I'd crank up the volume.  I thought I heard someone say they also lost their drummer last month too.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.