Author Topic: Berniecare- the coming single payer system............  (Read 965 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Berniecare- the coming single payer system............
« on: January 21, 2016, 09:12:25 PM »
"If you like your Obamacare,  you can keep your Obamacare"!   Ok,  I made that quote up.

One of the amusing things to come out the last democrat debate (that nobody watched) was the arguing between Bernie and Hillary about "healthcare".    Hillary claims that Bernie wants to repeal Obamacare as much as the Republicans do.    Bernie of course doesn't think Obamacare goes far enough.   He wants a federal single payer system to replace,  well everything.   

All spending would be federalized.   Even state spending would end.   Of course it would end health insurance companies and/or employer provided insurance. 

Hillary just wants to continue the course with Obamacare.   She is willing to wait for the coming crisis before single payer comes in.   It will come in at some point if Obamacare stands. 

If you think Obamacare is insane,  just wait for Berniecare! 

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/429951/bernie-sanders-single-payer-health-care-plan-would-increase-total-federal-spending-55

This article shows that the conservative (ie, way too low)  numbers would double federal spending,  increase taxes by trillions and still balloon the federal debt.

Even MOTHER JONES claims Bernie care will not be able to contain costs without denying some forms of care. 

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/01/second-look-berniecare

CATO of course tries to make some numbers too.

http://www.cato.org/blog/berniecare-outline-leaves-important-questions-unanswered-would-add-trillions-debt-even-after?utm_content=buffere7675&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I am guessing we will end up with a system,  unfortunately,  much like England's.   Something like the truly awful NHS.   The british government has taken over most provider services,  owns and runs most of the hospitals.   And funds it with a second income tax on top of your regular income taxes.   Somewhere in the 30% range (that's on top of income taxes!!!). 

This is going to get much worse folks.....

Discuss
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:24:22 PM by richb »

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: Berniecare- the coming single payer system............
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 08:58:28 AM »
The round will now enter the chamber with the bolt locked. They'r'e going to need that single payer rather soon I should think. I wonder if it will cover mass trauma from high speed bullet impacts. Guess we'll have to find out "what's in it".
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 07:43:48 PM »
Obamacare was designed to help destroy the private sector, and people have proven to be both stupid enough to give the destroyer more power or do nothing to stop its insidious intent.  It is pure insanity and evidence of a society in rapid decay.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 10:41:14 PM »
Obamacare was designed to help destroy the private sector, and people have proven to be both stupid enough to give the destroyer more power or do nothing to stop its insidious intent.  It is pure insanity and evidence of a society in rapid decay.
The sacking of DC can't be to far off in the future. Hope it's us that performs the deed.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 09:41:34 AM »
The sacking of DC can't be to far off in the future. Hope it's us that performs the deed.

Should the left succeed in their ambition to destroy the medical industrial complex I will be happy to burn what's left to the ground.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 08:39:15 AM »
I think Bernie is claiming that Berniecare will slash spending in half, by use of the magical appendage, thereby saving trillions.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 07:36:01 AM »
I think Bernie only has girl parts.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.