Author Topic: The Gods smiled  (Read 1561 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
The Gods smiled
« on: January 23, 2016, 09:05:22 PM »
  The Gods truly smiled on me tonight with 2200 rounds of CCI mini Mags. I walked in the the local Bass Pro to pick up a 250 round box of 9mm for the range tomorrow with the wives.  Walked by the guns and they had a bunch of .22s in 50 round boxes and another guy asked how many he could have and the clerk said I'll sell all you want!!!  The guy buys 2 miserable 50 round boxes and leaves??

He looks at me and asks if I need any and I said that I really wanted the Holy Grail in 22s. He looks at me and smiles bends down and comes up with a box marked CCI and opens it and there they were 22,  100 round clear packs of the hardest damned ammo in Fl. to find. I jumped all over them and paid $ 8.82 including sales tax.

I have them all locked up in the safe, but I have to admit that I did pet them before I locked it up.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline fordguy_85

Re: The Gods smiled
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 09:25:44 PM »
Sweet score!
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 10:04:08 PM »
Hooray! Good hunting my friend!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 10:55:48 PM »
  Thanks guys it was pure luck!!    ::bustamove:: ::danceban:: ::whoohoo::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 11:34:35 PM »
I love CCI Mini-Mags.  Long been my go-to ammo in .22, because they function in everything.  Nice score.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 11:07:36 AM »
  The Gods truly smiled on me tonight with 2200 rounds of CCI mini Mags. I walked in the the local Bass Pro to pick up a 250 round box of 9mm for the range tomorrow with the wives.  Walked by the guns and they had a bunch of .22s in 50 round boxes and another guy asked how many he could have and the clerk said I'll sell all you want!!!  The guy buys 2 miserable 50 round boxes and leaves??

He looks at me and asks if I need any and I said that I really wanted the Holy Grail in 22s. He looks at me and smiles bends down and comes up with a box marked CCI and opens it and there they were 22,  100 round clear packs of the hardest damned ammo in Fl. to find. I jumped all over them and paid $ 8.82 including sales tax.

I have them all locked up in the safe, but I have to admit that I did pet them before I locked it up.

Heh!

That is a nice score.  I did a quick sweep on Gunbot and couldn't find any in stock, but part of that could be due to supplies departing inventory practically as soon as it is received.  I have to think you were fortunate enough to have been the first one in the store who even thought to ask since that shipment came in.  People are so conditioned to not finding it they don't even bother looking or asking.

::thumbsup::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 11:28:46 AM »
A win for JF!! ::whoohoo::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 12:31:29 PM »
There's a saying: As goes California so goes the nation. Well around here we paraphrase it to :As goes Seattle so goes the state" meaning that they command an unholy influence on everything in the state.

When it comes to ammo around here you have to think unconventionally or you either pay through the nose or lose out altogether.

The gun shops sell ammo but at retail to retail+ prices. There are only two or three sporting goods retailers who still sell ammo. Wally-world quit under pressure from the fascists. I have purchased reloads at the gun show but for the most part their prices are on par with the gun shops (too high).

So I buy over the web. GunBroker and AmmoSeek (http://ammoseek.com/) are my usual starting points for my regular foraging sessions. I've offered to share links & tips with my brothers but they've never taken me up on it and I don't think they've ever bought over the web (one brother in particular is very distrustful of web commerce). The other brother makes regular trips to the store which I find horribly inefficient (compared to letting your fingers do the walking).

Anyway, here's to celebrating good deals!

::beertoast::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 05:11:53 PM »
Good find, JF.

... I have to admit that I did pet them before I locked it up.

Such a nut.   ::rolllaughing::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"