Author Topic: Dallas dad not guilty for taking tween daughter's phone  (Read 867 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Dallas dad not guilty for taking tween daughter's phone
« on: January 27, 2016, 09:22:51 PM »
Another one for the WTF files.    Dallas dad not guilty for taking tween daughter's phone.  Yes,  you read that right.   A father was arrested for taking his 12 year old daughters iphone.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crime/2016/01/26/dallas-dad-not-guilty-taking-tween-daughters-phone/79355512/

A dad takes a 12 year old's iphone after he finds inappropriate texts in September 2013.   You think that is the end of the story? 

You would be wrong. 

His ex,  the girls mother,  calls the police on him for doing so.   Instead of telling her to work it out with her ex,  they come to his house and demand the phone be returned.   He refuses,  as he considers it a parental issue,  not a police problem.   

Three months later he gets a citation in the mail for theft of property less than $50 in value, a Class C misdemeanor.  They offer a plea deal if he returns the phone.   

He hires an lawyer and requested a jury trial in municipal court.

The city lawyer turns up the heat and changes the charge to a Class B misdemeanor, punishable by six months in jail and a $2,000 fine.  A warrant was issued,  and the dad was arrested at home in the middle of the night in April 2015.  He had to post a bond of $1500 to get out of jail.

Oh by the way,  his ex is married to a cop....Hmmmmmmmmmm.

The judge ordered the jury to find Jackson not guilty after ruling the state failed to present sufficient evidence to continue the case.   Which they did,  yesterday,  in January of 2016.   The girl is now 15.

His lawyer will now fill a federal complaint for civil rights violations for the way his client was treated by police and the city lawyer.   He probably has a good case.   

What a waste of taxpayer money over what should be a private matter.

He still has the phone. 

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: Dallas dad not guilty for taking tween daughter's phone
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 10:05:38 PM »
Simply astounding that idiots that work in govt aren't held financially responsible for the stupid sh*t they do for if they had, so much would be avoided. This leads me to belove that they're all in it to make jobs for one another.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 05:02:48 AM »
Good for the Dad. I am proud of him for standing strong. Shame, again, on governmental stupidity.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 07:53:55 AM »
Reminds me of that story a while back about the father who shot up the computer he gave his daughter which she violated his rules of use.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.