Topics > Food & Cooking

My mother's day meal

(1/2) > >>

LadyVirginia:
I had my mom over and I cooked lunch. I'd rather hang at home with my family than with a bunch of loud strangers and I like my cooking better! I made aglio e olio which is carmelized garlic and olive oil over pasta.  I added sun dried tomatoes. Made my own bread sticks--should have made more --there weren't any leftover to snack on later.  For dessert?  Rice krispy treats. 

John Florida:

--- Quote from: LadyVirginia on May 08, 2011, 04:02:32 PM ---I had my mom over and I cooked lunch. I'd rather hang at home with my family than with a bunch of loud strangers and I like my cooking better! I made aglio e olio which is carmelized garlic and olive oil over pasta.  I added sun dried tomatoes. Made my own bread sticks--should have made more --there weren't any leftover to snack on later.  For dessert?  Rice krispy treats. 

--- End quote ---
I love leftovers.

LadyVirginia:

--- Quote from: John Florida on May 08, 2011, 05:32:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: LadyVirginia on May 08, 2011, 04:02:32 PM ---I had my mom over and I cooked lunch. I'd rather hang at home with my family than with a bunch of loud strangers and I like my cooking better! I made aglio e olio which is carmelized garlic and olive oil over pasta.  I added sun dried tomatoes. Made my own bread sticks--should have made more --there weren't any leftover to snack on later.  For dessert?  Rice krispy treats. 

--- End quote ---
I love leftovers.

--- End quote ---

Terrific. We have plenty. Plus there's pasta with marinara,  fried chicken, bbq beans, rice, potato salad (I did just make that) and more rice krispy treats.  I like nothing more that putting out a variety of food and let everyone get what they want. Bring your own chair though.  We never seem to have enough.

John Florida:
I need a good baked bean recipe,always wanted to make those suckers fron scratch.

RickZ:

--- Quote from: John Florida on May 08, 2011, 06:18:09 PM ---I need a good baked bean recipe,always wanted to make those suckers fron scratch.

--- End quote ---

I've made 'em a few times.  Like any bean recipe, it takes time, this one preferably overnight in a low temp oven.  The ingredients are pretty basic, except for the molasses.  But once you've had homemade baked beans/pork 'n beans/beans 'n franks (take yer pick; I prefer beans 'n kosher beef franks with smoked slab bacon), the canned mush really s*cks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version