Author Topic: I wonder why they even bother to vote  (Read 979 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I wonder why they even bother to vote
« on: February 16, 2016, 12:13:54 PM »
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/02/15/bernie-supporters-react-to-hillarys-astronomical-delegate-count/2/

Bernie Supporters React to Hillary's Astronomical Delegate Count
By Liz Sheld February 15, 2016
chat 53 comments

A top strategist for Martin O'Malley doesn't think that will happen.  Bill Hyers says, "I will tell you if Bernie does have the majority of the delegates by election going into the convention and the superdelegates tried to reverse that, it would be absolutely awful for the Democratic party and all holy hell would break loose. I don’t really see that happening, but that is why I largely think superdelegate counts are absolutely pointless right now. The candidates just need to go out and win some states."

For now the Sanders campaign isn't taking any action about the superdelegate discrepancy. Sanders said on CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday, “I think if we continue to do well around the country and if superdelegates - whose main interest in life is to make sure that we do not have a Republican in the White House - if they understand that I am the candidate and I believe that I am who is best suited to defeat the Republican nominee I think they will start coming over to us.”

DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz was asked what she would say to Democrat voters who think the process is rigged in Clinton's favor. Her answer makes absolutely no sense.

"Well, let me just make sure that I can clarify exactly what was available during the primaries in Iowa and in New Hampshire," she said. "The unpledged delegates are a separate category. The only thing available on the ballot in a primary and a caucus is the pledged delegates, those that are tied to the candidate that they are pledged to support. And they receive a proportional number of delegates going into the — going into our convention. Unpledged delegates exist really to make sure that party leaders and elected officials don't have to be in a position where they are running against grass-roots activists."

I wonder what that really means?

So get ready for the Nevada caucus this Saturday to see how much "special sauce" the Democrats pour onto the results.

Geez. And I thought RINO's were bad.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: I wonder why they even bother to vote
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 07:53:57 AM »
Representative Republic?

Where?   ::whatgives::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.