Author Topic: Dirty Civil War  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Dirty Civil War
« on: February 18, 2016, 07:59:21 AM »
https://readfomag.com/2016/02/interview-former-seal-matt-bracken-talks-shtf-and-a-dirty-civil-war/

Good read top to bottom.

But I really like this warning...cannot be stated often enough!

I believe that the Constitution will remain our most important defensive bulwark. The Constitution will be our most effective litmus test for separating the oath takers from the traitorous oath breakers. Former military and LE leaders should take every opportunity to remind their active duty brothers of their sworn oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. They should also politely remind them that Team Liberty will have a very long memory when it comes to dealing with traitors. There will be no statute of limitations for traitors, and justice might eventually be dealt out under the well-known Rule 308.

Amen.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
Re: Dirty Civil War
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 02:42:13 PM »
During the discharge process I don't recall anything where the oath taken at induction was rescinded.  It still holds me.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 06:16:57 PM »
That's the proper interpretation, but when active duty personnel are routinely taught a perverted view of obedience the proper view is subverted.  A constant reminder of that perverted view along with a firm warning of the consequences of following it is necessary.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 06:56:07 PM »
True, but obedience to an illegal order has never been a defense.  We are still to be held responsible for our own actions.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 07:35:45 PM »
We say that and know that, too many do not...or choose not to acknowledge it, reminding them is our responsibility to faithfully live up to our oath.