Author Topic: Millennial posts open letter to Yelp CEO complaining about her salary  (Read 3658 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I imagine this 25 year old millennial, being of the special snowflake generation, fully expected this to become some viral sensation, and I suppose it has.  But not with the outcome she might have anticipated.  I'm equally certain that all of her years in education from elementary school through college were filled with assurances that something like this was not only appropriate, but a legitimate avenue for "change."

So it's kind of funny that she got fired hours after posting this.  Personally, I would have fired her immediately after seeing a hashtag in the first sentence.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/02/22/millennial-complains-to-yelp-ceo-about-her-salary-in-online-post-heres-what-happens-just-hours-later/

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Millennial posts open letter to Yelp CEO complaining about her salary
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 04:29:43 PM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 06:57:42 PM »
Dear Talia,

Debt sucks. You're stupid to have let the world beat you into desiring its whims. The car isn't yours if you're making payments. The items purchased via credit (causing the stress) aren't yours. Pay cash from now on. And "your own apartment"?? That, my dear is what's called an oxymoron.

Beat your life into the submission of your dreams...rather than let the world beat you into the submission of its whims.

Your friend,

Pablo  ;D
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 07:25:41 AM »
Dear Idiot,

Nobody likes petty childish emoting...except people who lie to you.

Hint - Nobody cares.

Sincerely,

-Life

PS-How did you miss out on this fun, sweetie?

::hysterical::
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 07:37:13 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 03:36:01 PM »
Yep, pretty rich (pun intended)!  Having booze delivered to work?  Really. 
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 03:43:39 PM »
  What a clueless douche.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 06:01:57 PM »
  What a clueless douche.

Exactly, and a classic example of not understanding that what goes on the web is/can be viral and forever:

"Eagle-eyed Internet users archived Instagram and Twitter images of Talia Jane indulging in a spa day with a fashionable facial mask made of Lush-brand coffee grounds; showing off her well-stocked kitchen, where she baked sumptuous cupcakes, “prosciutto-brie-cilantro-garlic biscuits,” “brie-stuffed meatballs topped with brie and rosemary sprigs,” “roast chuck marinated in herbs,” “a s— ton of Swedish potatoes au gratin,” and “mini pumpkin pies.”"

Did she really *think* dots wouldn't be connected?  Or is thinking not in her skill-set.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 07:46:50 PM »
  We just had one of those twits at work in the office. The idiot sent paperwork all over hell and gone and we had to track it all down to get it back and in the meanwhile the banks weren't funding contracts because of incomplete paper work.

While killing the cash flow she had plenty of time to post on her face book account how much she hated her job her boss and the people and place.  And how this was beneath her to work there.

All the time the idiot had friended .........wait for it .............wait for it   yes you guessed it HER BOSS who was a friend of her mothers and stuck her neck out to give her a job.  OOPS!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 08:38:16 PM »
The work ethic has been destroyed & has been replaced with the same lazy entitlement attitude peddled by the left. Smart phones & the speed of information obtained have fueled the destruction by shortening the attention span of virtually anyone who owns one.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 05:34:20 AM »
The work ethic has been destroyed & has been replaced with the same lazy entitlement attitude peddled by the left. Smart phones & the speed of information obtained have fueled the destruction by shortening the attention span of virtually anyone who owns one.
The Chinese use to deal with the over crowded waste by going to war on a regular basis. I can see this as a more than viable option. Conscripts to the front for the first wave to lure the enemy into sense of superiority and then when they counter-attack we send in the real warriors. Problem solved.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 07:21:14 AM »
The Chinese use to deal with the over crowded waste by going to war on a regular basis. I can see this as a more than viable option. Conscripts to the front for the first wave to lure the enemy into sense of superiority and then when they counter-attack we send in the real warriors. Problem solved.

Using these moonbat waifs as fodder is still a very problematic idea...it'd be like herding feral cats and hoping they stay in the general area.  I'd rather rig them with booby traps and place them or parachute them before the enemy...the booby traps will either eliminate the enemy and the moonbat or just the moonbat...either way it is a win.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.