Author Topic: RomneyCare: Wait times for primary care docs on the increase  (Read 2617 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: RomneyCare: Wait times for primary care docs on the increase
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 07:36:39 PM »
I'd have a little more respect for Romney if he would come out and admit it was bad policy regarding his states healthcare....and work to eliminate it.

Romney could turn this into a positive so easily......but he probably believe he made no mistake.

Exactly the problem.  Despite evidence to the contrary.

Romney begone.

See, now I think he knows he f**ked up big-time, but doesn't see a way to say so without undermining his leadership cred. That health care plan in MA is a huge effin disaster, and a MAJOR blot on the resume of anyone seeking the GOP nod. If he admits it was a terrible decision, he's through. If he embraces it as a "states rights" solution he can still oppose ObamaCare.

Problem with that whole approach is that it's bullsh*t, and everybody knows it. I think Romney knows it too, but doesn't see another way.

Can good leaders openly admit they were mistaken?  I don't know, so I'm asking.  A misstep of this magnitude -- Romneycare -- leads me to believe, at least in this case, no.  If he had the makings of a wise "leader", he'd not have chosen poorly in the first place.  You may have hit the nail on the head here.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 08:35:05 PM »

A major question is, who has the fortitude to face Harry Reid and stick to his guns.  Scratch Romney; Could Pawlenty, Daniels, Santorum, Gingrich ::falldownshocked:: be depended upon, trusted?  I shudder.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 07:56:24 AM »
T-Paw has renounced his support of Cap & Trade.  Was it adopted to begin with just to curry favor with J-Mac in hopes of getting the '08 Veep nod?  Possibly, but he didn't say that, and for obvious reasons...having changed positions he has already acknowledged he can make mistakes, people will wonder if he will make them again.  So a change of heart is a good step, but more action must be witnessed before future deeds can be properly anticipated by the electorate.  Romney is in deeper doo-doo for not admitting error, so he is even more suspect than T-Paw.  Daniels wants to be the new standard-bearer of compassionate conservatism, and he's welcome to it.  If he drops that nonsense I'll drop my opposition.  Santorum is almost a mirror of T-Paw, like him on some issues, but he's too much a nice guy and I can see him compromising on principles...can be too pragmatic than principled.  Newt, geez, go back to writing books.  He is a smart guy, but prone to some really dumb ideas and I cannot shake the sense that he just wants to be too much a people-pleaser and I've had enough of that crap!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 03:47:02 PM »
I'd have a little more respect for Romney if he would come out and admit it was bad policy regarding his states healthcare....and work to eliminate it.

Romney could turn this into a positive so easily......but he probably believe he made no mistake.

Exactly the problem.  Despite evidence to the contrary.

Romney begone.

See, now I think he knows he f**ked up big-time, but doesn't see a way to say so without undermining his leadership cred. That health care plan in MA is a huge effin disaster, and a MAJOR blot on the resume of anyone seeking the GOP nod. If he admits it was a terrible decision, he's through. If he embraces it as a "states rights" solution he can still oppose ObamaCare.

Problem with that whole approach is that it's bullsh*t, and everybody knows it. I think Romney knows it too, but doesn't see another way.

Can good leaders openly admit they were mistaken?  I don't know, so I'm asking.  A misstep of this magnitude -- Romneycare -- leads me to believe, at least in this case, no.  If he had the makings of a wise "leader", he'd not have chosen poorly in the first place.  You may have hit the nail on the head here.

I believe Romney could admit the error of his way. Explain he fell into the socialized medicine trap, work to end it in his state and imo, would have the ability to claim a unique understanding of the pitfalls of obamacare and take a hard stand against it....Of course, as I said, he must first believe he made a mistake.

Any course would be better than ignoring how vunerable he is.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 03:56:15 PM »
We see that in every nation that adopts government run health care...and that is just the intial change, many more, many much worse roll in right behind it!

Yes, but it's equally sh*tty for everyone, and that's what makes it A-OK.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 07:33:33 PM »
We see that in every nation that adopts government run health care...and that is just the intial change, many more, many much worse roll in right behind it!

That is the essence of what they believe, but coming out and admitting it would put them in political exile for a long long time.

It is why we need to bring it up.  Failing to do so only allows their false meme of fairness to mask the truth.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 07:34:33 PM »

Nooooot quite everyone.  Some animals are more equal ..........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 07:46:54 PM »
Well naturally, that is what we must have in "government by expert". It's a concession to the indispensable guidance of the intelligentsia. Party apparatchiks in the USSR had cars and country dachas too.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 07:53:28 PM »
All part of the false meme of fairness...all in a days work for proglodyte trash!