Author Topic: Time for Glenn Beck to go far far away!  (Read 11230 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Time for Glenn Beck to go far far away!
« on: March 21, 2016, 08:28:49 AM »
What an embarrassing jackass!

Beck said that he, like many Mormons, believes in a prophecy that the Constitution will hang by a thread in the last days. He said he believes that now is that time, and people like Lee and Cruz will save it.

He also said the Book of Mormon was created as a guide on how to protect freedom in our day. At the Provo rally, many responded yelling, "I believe."

http://www.sltrib.com/home/3676633-155/ted-cruz-launches-multi-tasking-three-stop-utah

Wow, that's a heck of a prophecy there.

Wait...uhh...your guy is losing and unless ya'll tag-team things at the convention and nullify the primary results...looks like your mystical guidebook led down a dead end, eh?

And hey, if Mike Lee wanted to protect freedom...he could have tried harder on that score...and I do believe one of the Soros electronic voting machines is set up in Utah, so I'm sure that is going to work miracles for freedom...

And Ted, he could have told his honey-bunch to work for somebody else other than the Vampire Squid and cut the Establishment CFR ties, maybe defend folks back home on their ranches and border properties that are under constant assault, etc etc...

Yeah, champions and white horses...about as real as unicorns!

And Beck needs to shut up, seriously...he is really off his bean!

PS-Why didn't Ted denounce this?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/politics/lindsey-graham-donald-trump-ted-cruz-poison-or-shot/

Hell of an endorsement.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 08:36:36 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Time for Glenn Beck to go far far away!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 08:43:13 AM »
I'm not embarrassed to say that I was once a Beck fan. Once upon a time he had strong arguments, made a load of sense, and produced an entertaining show. I was often off-put by his fractured sense of history (he quite often got the facts intertwined and muddled) but I cut him slack.

At a point in time I realized that the reel was almost played out. Around the time when he left Fox he left reality as well. I simply couldn't give him any more than I had in good faith. And that's not speaking of all sordid drama queen in him.

"That's crazy talk!"

Everybody leans toward a bit of hyperbolic or exaggeration once in a while - I know that I do. But when it gets to the point where saying something sane is the exception and not the norm you know that there's a problem. I don't know if Beck is certifiable but if not he's damned close.

Pity.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 11:02:54 AM »
He had promise as an educator for those with some sense left that could still be reached...

I don't know if he fell off the wagon, found a weird new wagon or needs an old wagon...but something happened and it wasn't good...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 02:13:17 PM »
I'm not embarrassed to say that I was once a Beck fan. Once upon a time he had strong arguments, made a load of sense, and produced an entertaining show. I was often off-put by his fractured sense of history (he quite often got the facts intertwined and muddled) but I cut him slack.

At a point in time I realized that the reel was almost played out. Around the time when he left Fox he left reality as well. I simply couldn't give him any more than I had in good faith. And that's not speaking of all sordid drama queen in him.

"That's crazy talk!"

Everybody leans toward a bit of hyperbolic or exaggeration once in a while - I know that I do. But when it gets to the point where saying something sane is the exception and not the norm you know that there's a problem. I don't know if Beck is certifiable but if not he's damned close.

Pity.

Same here.  I used to count myself a fan during the peak popularity of his show on Fox News.  But something started to bug me about him and that was his sort of ostentatious self-taught philosophizing.  Andrew Breitbart called him out on that as well, referring to him as a self-assured autodidact.  I have nothing at all against people who learn on their own, but Beck frequently demonstrated his Cliff Notes grasp of subjects while acting like he was now in the same league as genuine experts on those subjects.  I don't know, I just found myself feeling a sense of vicarious embarrassment.

I think he's a narcissist, and still has elements of the addictive personality -- now sublimated into Mormonism and his Gandhi Complex.  He lost me when he chucked Breitbart under the bus.  By the time he left Fox News I think he'd quite literally lost his mind as well.  Now he's just that weepy, Teddy-Bears-for-Illegal-Invader-Sprogs guy to me.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 06:59:16 AM »
Well I knew somebody would articulate and enumerate the fall of Beck, good job G.  And good use of imagery, that "weepy" stuff (what 'Soup referred to as "sordid drama queen") and the narcissist Ghandi thing really nail it for me.

And what that bloated ego of his will not admit is all the compromises he has had to make in making the choices he has made...so he can take that holier-than-thou schtick and shove it up his arse!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 07:39:04 AM »
Well, as Ronaldus Maximus was fond of saying...

"Well, there he goes again!"

Beck - "...all throughout the South the Evangelicals are not listening to their God."

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/new-crazy-beck-video-all-throughout-the-south-the-evangelicals-have-not-been-listening-to-their-god/

Got that, Southerners?  Beck has called you out as wayward heathen!

This is going to backfire so bad it isn't going to be funny.  I don't know who this 13th tribe cultist's God is, but I am pretty sure for most of the non-Mormon population it isn't the same one that had Joe Smith hallucinating and hauling up a magic box filled with shiny stuff.

If Cruz wants to turn his campaign around the first thing he ought to do is tell Beck to shut up.

Bet it doesn't happen though.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 08:15:03 AM by Libertas »

Offline sfetter

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 12:08:47 PM »
I agree,  I really used to like him back in the day.  But he changed his rhetoric very quickly or abruptly.  I think the gov got to him and threatened his family.  I was encouraged when he started his own net work, but from what I have been reading lately, that is falling apart as well.  He comes up with a mysterious illness and then some months later is cured.  I have come to believe that this man has far too many issues and inconsistencies to be a conservative leader for me.  There are still times when I believe he is truthful and on the money with his analysis, other times not so much.  For me, I don't think I could follow his recommendation for President.  Seems like to me he is falling in with the establishment once again with his choice.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 06:51:37 AM »

Beck - "...all throughout the South the Evangelicals are not listening to their God."

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/new-crazy-beck-video-all-throughout-the-south-the-evangelicals-have-not-been-listening-to-their-god/

This is going to backfire so bad it isn't going to be funny.  I don't know who this 13th tribe cultist's God is, but I am pretty sure for most of the non-Mormon population it isn't the same one that had Joe Smith hallucinating and hauling up a magic box filled with shiny stuff.

If Cruz wants to turn his campaign around the first thing he ought to do is tell Beck to shut up.

Yje breakdown was the following: Those that went to church every Sunday voted for Cruz and the ones that were raised that way but haven't been to church in uncounted years, voted for Frump er Trump.

Unfortunately, beck has been right far more than wrong and although I very seldom listen to him, he's still a refreshing change from the All Trump all the time, Rush, Hannity and and Savage. Levin gets it regarding Trump and what's been going on and I've been hearing him for quite some time.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 06:54:00 AM »
I agree,  I really used to like him back in the day.  But he changed his rhetoric very quickly or abruptly.  I think the gov got to him and threatened his family.  I was encouraged when he started his own net work, but from what I have been reading lately, that is falling apart as well.  He comes up with a mysterious illness and then some months later is cured.  I have come to believe that this man has far too many issues and inconsistencies to be a conservative leader for me.  There are still times when I believe he is truthful and on the money with his analysis, other times not so much.  For me, I don't think I could follow his recommendation for President.  Seems like to me he is falling in with the establishment once again with his choice.
Never knew his choice was Kasich and or Trump so what are you talking about regarding establishment?
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 07:10:02 AM »

Yje breakdown was the following: Those that went to church every Sunday voted for Cruz and the ones that were raised that way but haven't been to church in uncounted years, voted for Frump er Trump.

Unfortunately, beck has been right far more than wrong and although I very seldom listen to him, he's still a refreshing change from the All Trump all the time, Rush, Hannity and and Savage. Levin gets it regarding Trump and what's been going on and I've been hearing him for quite some time.

I don't listen to most of those, either because I will not (Beck) or because I don't care to (Hannity, really Fox overall), only if I have the time (Rush) or because I don't get around to it much (Levin).  But as far as I can tell Levin only went ballistic (and ironically became a big hit with the Establishment and Prog-Media) a month or so ago when Trump lit into Bush in one of the debates.  Somebody can give me an update on more recent trends...if he advocates pulling the lever for Hillary instead of Trump and get to the rat-killin' I guess I haven't heard that, but I'd be interested to know.

Cruz & Bern won the Utah Soros machine vote, Trump & Hillary took AZ.

It's all over except for the convention, I am not even sure what or why we are talking about this anymore.

I posted a thread about how nuts Beck is, that his 13th tribe prophecy crap needs to end, it is hurting Cruz, not helping him...but his campaign is over, it doesn't matter at this point anyway.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 10:55:49 AM »
IIRC, Levin got mad because Trump claimed GW Bush lied to get us into Iraq, not because Trump "lit into Bush".

Levin was open-minded about almost all of the R candidates in the beginning, even Trump, although his distaste for JEB was palpable.  As time went on, and each shot themselves in the foot, particularly Rubio, and then Trump went blundering around via his mouth, changing his positions and backtracking, he settled on Cruz -- and then recently endorsed him.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 11:39:52 AM »
That's it, that's what it was.  Probably got talking points from PaulBots on that one...they can be as Batshyt nuts as the Progs on that event....

And Cruz getting endorsed by Mark is no surprise to me, and if I didn't think the system was terminally corrupt and my own state's primary wasn't a non-binding caucus or an open-season cross-party screwfest...I probably would have suspended my eligibility principles and voted for Ted.

But in all honesty Ted does not translate well into this current climate, he is better in a calm setting where he can speak in a normal voice and have to time to answer in something longer than a 5-10 second sound bite...when Ted gets riled up or needs to talk over someone he really comes across shrill.  Not a deal breaker for me I'm just saying that's the way it is.  And one thing you have to say about Trump, he won't get shouted down, he won't back off or retreat, he is quick with one-liners and he's tapped into the stuff that pisses a lot of us off.

It is what it is.

But it doesn't matter, with all the normal cheating, lying, dead voters and corruption...we nowhave just about everybody running voting machines built by Soros, millions of new DemonRat voters streaming across the unguarded border (and those too stupid to not get caught being ordered released by the Dear Leader) and states like California letting illegals vote...and a bunch of monumentally stupid pubbies going along with the latter and not fighting Obama and the Dem's on ANYTHING...

It's hard to see how anybody nominated by anybody other than the DemonRats winning any election from now till streetlights are decorated...even a corrupt psychotic batty old twit like Hillary is a shoe-in.

#PrepareForIt!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 07:22:16 AM »
See?  I told you so!

“All throughout the South the Evangelicals are not listening to their God,” Beck said at a rally in Utah on Monday.

“Beck’s wacko comment speaks for itself,” Jeffress tells Breitbart News.

“However, by using the phrase ‘their God’ to refer to the God we evangelical Christians worship, Beck is finally admitting that the true God of the Bible is different than the god of the Book of Mormon. I congratulate Beck for his honesty in differentiating between the two,” Jeffress adds.

“However, I am somewhat puzzled that Beck claims to know how the God Christians worship would vote in the Republican primaries.”

“Assuming that Mr. Beck is referring to evangelicals who vote for Trump, I would make a distinction that Beck does not: The Bible certainly offers principles on how to think about government and politics. The Bible does not, however, tell us which individual candidates to vote for,” Dr. Thomas S. Kidd, Distinguished Professor of History and Associate Director of the Institute for Studies of Religion at Baylor University in Waco, Texas, tells Breitbart News.

“If other Christians don’t vote for our preferred candidate, we should not say that they are not listening to God. None of us has special access to God’s opinions about candidates,” Kidd says.

“There are many reasons why devout Christians should hesitate to vote for Donald Trump, but God has not revealed Ted Cruz as the divinely anointed alternative, either,” Kidd concludes.

“Say what you want, but as a Southern Christian, I’m pretty sure my God doesn’t like politicians behaving like diamond pinky ring wearing TV preachers telling lies and trying to guilt people into donating their dollars to false causes,” Stephani Scruggs, a resident of Pensacola, Florida, posted on her Facebook page Tuesday. Scruggs says she is the former national co-chairman of the Glenn Beck inspired 9-12 Project.

“I have had a nagging concern about Cruz’s integrity. His association with Beck confirms this,” she says.

“Beck is not reticent about pushing his Mormon faith, which from an evangelical perspective is heretical. Apparently Cruz has no discomfort being called the fulfillment of a false prophecy,” she adds.

“The fact that evangelicals have not fully embraced Cruz but Mormons have is troubling to someone who voted for Cruz but now questions the decision,” Elizabeth concludes.

“Are we counting sins? Let’s see: Cruz has lied on multiple occasions, smeared Trump horribly, wasn’t tithing while making over $250,000,” he adds.

“I tuned Glenn Beck out a long time ago,” Martha, a Trump alternate delegate and focus group participant, tells Breitbart News. (Note: Two other participants in the focus groups ran as Cruz delegates in Tennessee.)

“I think he has issues and is in no position to determine who is or is not listening to anything or anyone, including God,” she adds.

“His hysterics do nothing but turn me off, whether it’s this or anything else,” she says of Beck.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/23/robert-jeffress-rebukes-glenn-beck-for-criticism-of-southern-evangelicals/

Pah, must part-time church goin' Southern wannabe Christians, who cares what they think?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 07:39:48 AM »
What a complete asshole!

“No Christian, no real Christian – I don’t mean a judgmental Christian, I mean somebody who is living their faith – no real Christian says, ‘I want that guy, that guy is for me,’” he said during a broadcast of his radio show. "Nobody, nobody.” - Glenn "13th Tribe Prophet" Beck

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/274267-glenn-beck-no-real-christian-supports-trump

His first round of stupid backfired spectacularly, now like an ego-maniacal DemoProg he keeps doubling-down on the stupendously stupid!  Yeah, demonizing and enraging people where there is no downstream benefit to do so is always wise, eh?  What a nut.  I'm embarrassed for Cruz, to have this fool out there talking out his ass?  I fail to see how this kind of crap is helpful at all, to Cruz, to conservative/liberty principles...anything?

It is just like the dogmatic drivel spouting from the mouths of mindless 7th century savages.

More proof the very concept of the ballot box is irrelevant, the only box that is going to matter soon is the cartridge box.

Plan accordingly.

Meanwhile, the False Prophet Beck can go outside and play hide and go f**k himself!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 07:11:22 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 08:15:27 AM »
The booze-brained 13th tribe cultist talking out his butt again...

Ted is Moses.

::facepalm::

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/04/nuts-glenn-beck-nobody-can-understand-moses-like-burden-ted-cruz-carries-video/

I react to crap like this much the way I reacted to the Prog's anointing B Hussein O "The One".

::doublebird::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2016, 07:05:59 AM »
The addle-brained snakeoil salesman is at it again...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/269455-269455/

I'm glad the dumbass is OK with being mocked, he deserves it.  Never has someone made such an ass out of themselves more often in as short a time span in my living memory.

Maybe if he holds a fast for the Minnesota Wild they can still win the Stanley Cup this year?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 10:44:16 PM »
So is Beck on suicide watch now?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 06:45:03 AM »
I didn't know he was ever off?