Author Topic: Good Friday - the bitter / sweet day  (Read 1627 times)

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Good Friday - the bitter / sweet day
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 08:23:00 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 11:46:34 AM »
! No longer available
Wishing everyone a Blessed Easter!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 08:28:08 PM »
I am celebrating the Resurrection with my Christian family for Easter and in a few weeks I will celebrate the Resurrection with my Messianic Jewish family for Passover. Which ever you celebrate its about Jesus and His death burial and Resurrection. Without Him their is no hope.

As I Peter 1: 3-6 says:

3 Let us thank the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It was through His loving-kindness that we were born again to a new life and have a hope that never dies. This hope is ours because Jesus was raised from the dead. 4 We will receive the great things that we have been promised. They are being kept safe in heaven for us. They are pure and will not pass away. They will never be lost. 5 You are being kept by the power of God because you put your trust in Him and you will be saved from the punishment of sin at the end of the world.6 With this hope you can be happy even if you need to have sorrow and all kinds of tests for awhile.

! No longer available

This is a prayer prayed by Moses over 4,000 years and I pray to the Lord with this prayer for you:

“The Lord Bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.”

The world is nuts but God is still in control.

Happy Easter Brothers and Sisters Gods Blessings to You All.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:40:25 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 10:41:43 PM »
And to you.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 08:12:54 AM »
Have a blessed and happy Easter.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 10:34:01 PM »
Tripped across & reblogged this quick read via Twitter:

Marilynne Robinson on Christmas, Easter, and Religious Dread
https://apologeticsworkshop.wordpress.com/2016/03/27/marilynne-robinson-on-christmas-easter-and-religious-dread/
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.