Author Topic: Cellphone Pistol  (Read 985 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Cellphone Pistol
« on: March 30, 2016, 07:31:32 AM »
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-03-29/company-creates-gun-that-looks-like-a-cellphone?src=usn_fb

Interesting, not sure if I would buy one, but I could see where more offerings along these lines might become popular.

And, it has the added benefit of adding more items into peoples hands, surely another thorn in the State's posterior isn't a bad thing.

:D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline fordguy_85

Re: Cellphone Pistol
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 09:24:35 AM »
My only issue with it is that it's two rounds of .380 Auto... Better than nothing? Certainly. I can buy an M&P Shield in 9mm or .40 that holds a lot more rounds of much more potent medicine for around the same price. And with an IWB holster, they conceal well, and are comfortable. Plus, they can be quickly reloaded with a new mag if need be.

I do agree with ya about having more weapons in the hands of the people Libertas, just not sure how this really fits into an EDC, unless as a backup gun maybe...
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 11:39:53 AM »
Yes it's definitely back up only.  But I'd like to see more efforts along these lines.  I know Bond and folks like that are also offering lower-profile offering in .45LC etc.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 12:33:58 PM »
Simply ask..."May I call my Attorney"...I DO get a phone call,,,right?
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 02:44:02 PM »
I don't know if this is so great,  its only going to lead to more cops shooting people with cell phones.   

There will calls to ban them of course.  Not for that reason of course.

May be for naut anyway,  the 2nd ad. is one vote away from being gone,  even if they can keep that guy out of the SC.   All the bits of progress over the last decade will likely be wiped out in one term.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 03:01:45 PM by richb »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 12:16:12 PM »
That didn't take long.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/04/05/gun-looks-like-phone-iphone-schumer/

Another reason why I like this product offering...

Hmmm, perhaps politicians who look like Fascists should be dangling from streetlights, eh?

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 03:34:12 PM »
The very voice of reason, eh.  He and Bernie, neither ever held a real paying job. 

Actually, I don't think the piece is all that useful anyway.  But, like the 1994 ugly gun ban, I would buy one just for aggravation's sake.  I could end up with more than I need.   ::rockets::
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 02:37:15 PM »
Yeah, and why is it that idiots give statists and their compliant goons in LEO ranks a pass when they say they'll blow away anybody reaching for a phone and are OK with ceding more Liberty to these fascists and normal people are assumed to be gun- toting criminal scum eager to blow away cops on sight and people are OK with this f**ked up narrative.  The correct response would be every citizen reaching for their phones every time they see a cop, get them used to seeing it and not reacting to it...if a few die in the attempt perhaps a few cops in jail and big settlements to survivors is the nourishment the Tree of Liberty demands.