Topics > General Board

Orson Bean: "Joke Telling is an Art Form"

(1/1)

BigAlSouth:
I caught this little link in the Breitbart interview on Politico. There are ten little vignettes and every one of them is a hoot. I am linking the Politico article as well as there is some good information about Andrew Breitbart's personal life as well. I guess you did not know that his father-in-law is Orson Bean? Neither did I.

Orson Bean - The Art of Joke Telling 2

For the Politico article, go here:

I love the part about the left spreading the rumor that he is gay. Hmmm. Married with four kids. Sounds pretty gay to me. If that is the standard, I guess I should have come out of the closet way before the second wife and the fifth kid . . .

http://www.politico.com/click/stories/1105/answer_this_andrew_breitbart.html

RickZ:
Saw Orson Bean back in the early '80's Off-Off Broadway in A Christmas Carol.  Always thought he was a funny guy.

And no, I did not know he is Breitbart's father-in-law.

IronDioPriest:

--- Quote from: RickZ on May 10, 2011, 05:52:36 AM ---...And no, I did not know he is Breitbart's father-in-law.

--- End quote ---

I had no idea either. I remember him on some of the old game shows when I was a kid, but I couldn't remember which ones, so I Wiki'd him....

Bean was blacklisted by the Hollywood movie studios in the 1950s for attending two Communist Party meetings, but made numerous appearances on television and in the theater. A conservative Christian, he came out in support of the Proposition 8 ballot initiative in California. He is father-in-law to Andrew Breitbart and describes his own children, who are all married, as "little communists"...
<snip>
...He now lives in Los Angeles with his third wife, actress Alley Mills, who is twenty-three years his junior and whom he married in 1993... (That's the mom on "The Wonder Years", one of my faves from years ago.)

Sectionhand:
Had it not been for his voice I never would have recognized him .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version