Author Topic: Mississippi Governor Signs Bill Protecting Citizens from Govt Discrimination  (Read 1942 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Mississippi Governor Signs Bill Protecting Citizens from Govt Discrimination

"Mississippians from all walks of life believe that the government shouldn’t punish someone because of their views on marriage."
Created by ADF | Apr 05, 2016

The following quote may be attributed to Alliance Defending Freedom Legal Counsel Kellie Fiedorek regarding Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant’s decision Tuesday to sign HB 1523, the Protecting Freedom of Conscience from Government Discrimination Act, which the overwhelming majority of state voters support:

“Mississippians from all walks of life believe that the government shouldn’t punish someone because of their views on marriage. The people of Mississippi, from every demographic, support this commonsense ‘live and let live’ bill, which simply affirms the freedom of all people to peacefully live and work according to their deeply held beliefs without threat of punishment from their own government. We commend the governor for signing into law protections for schools, churches, businesses, and public employees so that they won’t face government discrimination. After all, you’re not free if your beliefs are confined to your mind. What makes America unique is our freedom to peacefully live out those beliefs, and the Constitution protects that freedom.”

Alliance Defending Freedom is an alliance-building, non-profit legal organization that advocates for the right of people to freely live out their faith.
http://adflegal.org/detailspages/press-release-details/mississippi-governor-signs-bill-protecting-citizens-from-govt-discrimination
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll see how #ScumKingMuzzie punishes them . . .

« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 01:38:37 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
The entire Bulls*** Industrial Complex is now coming down hard on Mississippi.  Every last low information journalist, PR flack, and Poli Sci graduate is now in the fight. 

Do Mississippians have what it takes to withstand the deluge of retard?

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
I love that icon that goes with your screen-name Pablo ;'}

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
The entire Bulls*** Industrial Complex is now coming down hard on Mississippi.  Every last low information journalist, PR flack, and Poli Sci graduate is now in the fight. 

I'm wondering the same thing about NC.  Since HB2 was passed, negating Charlotte's tranny bathroom mandate, the screeching, the protests, the haranguing about "how horrible and hateful".  Paypal, for one, put out a press release stating it was going to build a facility in Charlotte, hiring would have been about 400, but NOWWWWW, not happening.

I'm sick of this sh*t.  That if these delusional, dis-ordered types aren't awarded special rights, they're being denied any rights.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!

I'm wondering the same thing about NC.  Since HB2 was passed, negating Charlotte's tranny bathroom mandate, the screeching, the protests, the haranguing about "how horrible and hateful".  Paypal, for one, put out a press release stating it was going to build a facility in Charlotte, hiring would have been about 400, but NOWWWWW, not happening.

I'm sick of this sh*t.  That if these delusional, dis-ordered types aren't awarded special rights, they're being denied any rights.

When did we all suddenly wake up in this alternate universe where if you believe a man -- with all the biological trappings of the male sex -- should not be able to use the women's bathroom, you're the weirdo?

And yes, I am done with all the threats from companies and sports leagues.  Call their bluff.  If the NFL or NBA really wants to put their money where their mouth is, instead of threatening to move Super Bowls or championship games, tell any league franchise in those states they can no longer play in the league.  If they want to cut off huge chunks of their customer market, go for it.

And in PayPal's bizarre logic, shouldn't they put a facility in Charlotte anyway, since the enlightened Queen City after all did enact the ordinance in the first place?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero

And Georgia, and North Carolina. McCory is expected to fold like a cheap suit.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
Oh, and I'd tell Paypal to go F themselves except I think they'd enjoy it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Tell them all to go outside and play hide and go kill themselves!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.