Author Topic: What color is "5"?  (Read 1228 times)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
What color is "5"?
« on: May 08, 2016, 08:32:45 PM »
Turns out I have another mental  "disorder" in addition to being INTJ. My mental numbers have colors.
According this wiki article,  I have  associative Grapheme-color synesthesia.   Mine are based around the primary color mixes. 2 is red, 3 is yellow, and since 2+3 =5 , 5 is orange.  4 is blue, so 3+4=7  and 7 is green.  However 9 (4+5)  is purple.. for no readily apparent reason. 8  is black.  Other numbers don't have a color.  I don't know if it is based on some toy, or magnetic letters, or a book, but this all got stuck in my brain. 

I asked at the table what color 5 was, and my daughter agreed with me, its orange. But she couldn't explain why either. 

Anyway,  does anyone else here have this "disorder" ? From the examples, it almost looks like it can become a super-power.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: What color is "5"?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 09:47:13 PM »
The only association to this that I have ever heard of is that I once read that Jimi Hendrix claimed to see the colors of music. Since frequency resonance is responsible for color I don't have any problem with that - even though I don't share that particular mode of perception.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 09:58:32 PM »
Turns out I have another mental  "disorder" in addition to being INTJ. My mental numbers have colors.
According this wiki article,  I have  associative Grapheme-color synesthesia.   Mine are based around the primary color mixes. 2 is red, 3 is yellow, and since 2+3 =5 , 5 is orange.  4 is blue, so 3+4=7  and 7 is green.  However 9 (4+5)  is purple.. for no readily apparent reason. 8  is black.  Other numbers don't have a color.  I don't know if it is based on some toy, or magnetic letters, or a book, but this all got stuck in my brain. 

I asked at the table what color 5 was, and my daughter agreed with me, its orange. But she couldn't explain why either. 

Anyway,  does anyone else here have this "disorder" ? From the examples, it almost looks like it can become a super-power.

But it would be different for different individuals...depending on what they associate, or "identity" the numbers & colors...thus expanding the need for different restrooms for those identifying colors, shapes, numbers, smells, etc. with their various associations.

And...if we were to combine all the associated colors of various individuals together...we'd inevitably get...wait for it...black.

Thus...black lives really DO matter!!
 ;)
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 06:53:30 AM »
I think these folks might play a lot of snooker.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 07:41:58 AM »
My friend tells me cologne aromas have color, so she chooses her cologne for the day to match the color she's wearing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 08:29:01 PM »
  Thank God I'm color blind.   ::saywhat::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 09:12:10 PM »
For example, in the common form chromesthesia (sound to color) a projector may hear a trumpet and see an orange triangle in space while an associator might hear a trumpet and think very strongly that it sounds "orange".

I get it. I hear this psychobabble...& to me it triggers the color of horsesh*t (and sometimes bullsh*t). Therefore, all psychobabble sounds brown.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 06:50:21 AM »
I can go along with that...I see mostly brown every damn day.

::outrage::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.