Author Topic: "Fannie Discloses a Few Material Facts"  (Read 2804 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Fannie Discloses a Few Material Facts"
« on: May 10, 2011, 02:55:16 PM »
    Properties that are vacant and held off the market, combined with the portion of properties backing seriously delinquent mortgages not currently listed for sale, represent a significant shadow inventory putting downward pressure on home prices.

And why is that happening?  It wouldn't be because banks are holding properties back to avoid having to recognize losses, would it?  Why is it that firms that hold these properties are not forced to recognize their market price as their asset value?

It is this "regulatory lie" that allows the distortion and destruction in the housing market to continue.

"Regulatory lie" explained at link, including the author's opinion includes the supposition that all of this ties into the poor job market as well.

Oy.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=185792

H/T nbpundit

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: "Fannie Discloses a Few Material Facts"
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 12:00:02 AM »
people may not know all this stuff but many sense it
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 07:00:44 AM »
Balance sheet manipulation is a no-no.  People get fined and/or jailed for that! 

Might we experience a Japanese-style collapse of our entire real estate market?

Talk about hitting the "reset button"!

Keep an eye on banks you use, you may want to be in position to suck your funds out before there is nothing for you to grab!  Or if that is not an option, do an online transfer to another account like a credit union where you think you could get to quick and grab it.

If this bottom drops out, there is going to be a wail of grief and anger that will literally crush the PTB's!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 07:02:28 AM »
Also, might want to hold off on any real estate purchases...how do you really know what you are buying, and from whom?  And what confidence do you have in the integrity of the title?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 07:03:40 AM »
Also, might want to hold off on any real estate purchases...how do you really know what you are buying, and from whom?  And what confidence do you have in the integrity of the title?

We paid the mortgage off a few years ago and I have to get my butt down to the county office to ensure the paperwork was properly processed.  God help them all if there's any problem.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 08:06:57 AM »

We paid the mortgage off a few years ago and I have to get my butt down to the county office to ensure the paperwork was properly processed.  God help them all if there's any problem.

Lucky you, I'm only half-way through mine.   :'(

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 11:48:13 AM »

Done here.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 12:37:15 PM »

Best thing we ever did a few years back was refinance into a 15 year.  More than halfway through--if we hadn't we (correction-- dear husband) would've spent it. I do think we could have paid if off by now but I do have to live with the guy and let him have some things his way..... ::laughonfloor::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."