Topics > Hobbies & Crafts

A New Hobby

<< < (2/4) > >>

fordguy_85:
Thanks guys. One drawback to this hobby and most others, I suspect, is that Mrs. Fordguy is on Pinterest. Which means that she also has approximately 15,000 projects that she'd like done lol.

AlanS:
Uncle Fester, you've got some serious artistic talent. As one who is artistically impaired, I hate you. ::hysterical::

fordguy_85:
Haha, thanks Alan. Trust me, I'm still nowhere near the level that others have attained in knifemaking...

Septugenarian:
When I was in Grade 10 we had an Ag class which also included a little black smithing.  There happened to be a complete black smith shop in the boiler room of the grade school.  We did the exercises of tempering and annealing and did end up making a knife out of a file.  Then, during the next couple of years I did some work with my uncle who had a working black smith shop.  After reworking skidding tongs and related logging hardware, we acquired a box of broken torsion bars from the Plymouth dealer and made a few wrecking bars, etc.  I finally parted with my share of that output three years ago when I sold my island place.  Should have kept them anyway.  Yep, I'm in my 70s now.

fordguy_85:
Finally finished this thing up this morning...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version