Author Topic: Reporter fail  (Read 1420 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Reporter fail
« on: June 20, 2016, 02:02:45 PM »
http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/steinberg-would-be-terrorists-can-buy-guns-but-a-reporter-no/

A few hours later, Maxon sent the newspaper a lengthy statement, the key part being: “it was uncovered that Mr. Steinberg has an admitted history of alcohol abuse, and a charge for domestic battery involving his wife.

Well, didn’t see that coming. Were that same standard applied to the American public, there would be a whole lot fewer guns sold. Beside, they knew I planned to immediately sell it back to them.

OK, Maxon has had its chance to offer their reason.

Now I’ll state what I believe the real reason is: Gun manufacturers and the stores that sell them make their money in the dark. Congress, which has so much trouble passing the most basic gun laws, passed a law making it illegal for the federal government to fund research into gun violence. Except for the week or two after massacres, the public covers its eyes. Would-be terrorists can buy guns. Insane people can buy guns. But reporters . . . that’s a different story. Gun makers avoid publicity because the truth is this: they sell tools of death to frightened people and make a fortune doing so. They shun attention because they know, if we saw clearly what is happening in our country, we’d demand change.

The stupid is strong in this one.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Reporter fail
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 02:43:48 PM »
Chitcago-suntimes - Another gutless lying rag that is too cowardly to allow comments. They know that with as many distortions, exaggeration, and outright lies the public would ream them do they publish their crap and slink off into the darkness.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 05:20:23 PM »
Phaggs can't hump themselves...but this one apparently can.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 07:03:51 AM »
I think he could probably write a better story on drunken wife beaters.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 04:36:45 PM »
Even if wasn't a wife beater and drunk,  they still had a right and duty to not sell to him.   Why?   It could be seen as a straw sale.   As he was buying for the Sun-Times not himself.  They were un-doubtably paying for it.

This "reporter" has a long history of being a d-bag.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 11:11:21 AM »
Even if wasn't a wife beater and drunk,  they still had a right and duty to not sell to him.   Why?   It could be seen as a straw sale.   As he was buying for the Sun-Times not himself.  They were un-doubtably paying for it.

This "reporter" has a long history of being a d-bag.

No!  I don't believe it!

/

D-bag's get the best assignments.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.