Author Topic: Lil Katie Couric in the news again  (Read 1927 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Lil Katie Couric in the news again
« on: May 28, 2016, 07:47:28 AM »
Once again proving what a scum sucker she is.

http://www.thewrap.com/katie-couric-under-the-gun-documentary/
“This was an unnecessary mistake,” the individual told TheWrap. “It did not represent editing someone’s sentences, there was no factual error, this is not a mistake that is a substantive mistake. It could have been avoided,” he said, adding: “This was a poor decision that was made and it involves silence.”

Also Read: National Review, NY Post Demand Yahoo Fire Katie Couric: 'She Has Lost Her Credibility'

Soechtig also spoke to TheWrap and stood by the editing choice.

“I would never misrepresent someone’s point of view and I don’t think I did by doing this,” she said. “I don’t think I misrepresented gun owners or the people featured in the film.

In an official statement, Soechtig said, “my intention was to provide a pause for the viewer to have a moment to consider this important question before presenting the facts on Americans’ opinions on background checks. I never intended to make anyone look bad and I apologize if anyone felt that way.

She's apologizing because she got caught. I'm sure Lil Katie is devastated about the whole 'accident'.

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Lil Katie Couric in the news again
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 09:26:09 AM »
   How do you unring a bell??
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 09:20:08 PM »
How do you unscrew a ..

Whatever.

Trash is trash, the time to toss it out is long overdue.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 01:09:54 PM »
Yea.....She is no longer real "perky".
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 07:07:25 AM »
No, but "porky" and "pukey" apply easily.

Now HBO is trying to compete with Pukey Katie for the prestigious Joseph Goebbels Trophy.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/31/shocking-hbo-misrepresents-words-of-ar-15-inventor-to-make-weapon-seem-ultra-dangerous-video/

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 09:50:49 AM »
Why does anyone on the pro-2nd side ever agree to be interviewed or part of a "documentary" by these propagandists?  In the age of the Internet, just communicate your position to people directly.  Don't go through the filters and funhouse mirrors of the MSM.  It continues to amaze me that there are people who believe they'll get anything close to fair treatment by these political officers of the Democratic Party.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 10:25:09 AM »
Why does anyone on the pro-2nd side ever agree to be interviewed or part of a "documentary" by these propagandists?  In the age of the Internet, just communicate your position to people directly.  Don't go through the filters and funhouse mirrors of the MSM.  It continues to amaze me that there are people who believe they'll get anything close to fair treatment by these political officers of the Democratic Party.

WINNER!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 12:20:57 PM »
"...funhouse mirrors..."  Heh!   ::hysterical::

I gotta remember that one!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 08:14:41 PM »
Seems they even broke FEDERAL law to make the film. Don't look for an DOJ investigation, though, since they're on the "right" side.

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/06/03/gun-director-admits-breaking-federal-firearms-laws-camera/
Under the Gun director Stephanie Soechtig has proven time and again that she’s both arrogant and intentionally dishonest, but now she’s apparently volunteered that she’s a criminal as well.

It turns out that Ms. Soechtig enticed one of her employees to break federal gun laws.

Our friends over at Ammoland have the details of this self-admitted felony crime.

In February, The Lip TV  interviewed the film’s director, Stephanie Soechtig, prior to the film’s release. During this interview, Ms. Soechtig openly discussed how she sent a producer of the film, who resides in Colorado, to Arizona to purchase firearms (including three pistols) privately. [original video marker 1.27]

According to Ms. Soechtig, the producer met a private seller in a parking lot of a local Wendy’s, and in less than four hours and without a background check, obtained a Bushmaster rifle and three handguns.

It is unknown what happened to these firearms and whether or not they returned with the producer to Colorado. Presumably, this crime was committed in order to highlight what the film’s proponents believe to be current inadequacies federal firearm laws, and to educate viewers on the process for obtaining a firearm. As Ms. Soechtig stated, all of the film’s content was “news to me.” Apparently, existing federal law prohibiting private interstate firearms transfers is also something that will also come as “news” to Ms. Soechtig and her staff.

Under current federal law it is a violation for any person to transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any person who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in the state in which the transferor resides. (18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(5).) Thus, by asking a private party in Arizona to sell the Colorado producer firearms, Ms. Soechtig and her staff induced an otherwise law abiding citizen to commit a federal crime.  There was nothing legal about what Ms. Soechtig and her staff did, despite their slanted attempt to portray in their documentary the private sale of firearms as unregulated and legal.

It is also unlawful for any person other than a dealer to transport into or receive in the state where they reside any firearm purchased or otherwise obtained outside that State. (18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(3).) Violations of these laws results in a hefty fine and a felony conviction of up to five years. (18 U.S.C. § 924(a)(1)(D).)  Further, if two or more persons conspire to commit any offense, and at least one person commits an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy, each party to the conspiracy can also face an additional fine and imprisonment for up to five years. (18 U.S.C. § 371.)

Director Soechtig and Under the Gun executive producer and narrator Katie Couric have already admitted on camera fraudulently editing the responses of members of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, which has opened them to the possibility of a civil lawsuits which could cost them dearly.

Public admitting that they’ve broken federal gun laws now opens the possibility of felony criminal prosecution as well.

Were all the lies worth it, ladies?

In a perfect world, justice would be served. But I don't see it happening.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 09:26:44 PM »
Were all the lies worth it, ladies?

Silly question. Lies are always worth it to "ends justify the means" leftists.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 07:40:15 AM »
What Progloadytes always forget is lawlessness works both ways...they'll be dangling off their own petards soon enough...