Author Topic: I still like watching tournament hockey  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I still like watching tournament hockey
« on: March 04, 2016, 07:40:11 AM »
Everybody knows Minnesota's Tourney is the best, we have the best teams and players in the nation...many go on to be on college teams all over the country or into the juniors.  It's still a blast to watch the games, even if some of the schools caved into killjoy nanny-state pansies and changed their Indian names to generic crap...

To me there are still Warriors, Braves, Indians, Chiefs, Mohawks, Redmen, etc.  All this stupidity began here in 1988.  Crybaby faggots like this outfit call this scat "progress", adding more turd to the patina of that infamous word!  They even got Winona to drop "Whitehawks"!  What a bunch of joyless effing wusses!  Pipestone dropped "Arrows", seriously, Arrows?  God, I hate these people!

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts these pansies would see MNHawk's handle as racist and demand it be dropped.  Good thing for us he is here and they aren't!

I heard a clown on the radio disparage ND fans, was mocking them about how long they are going to keep belting out "Sioux!" at the end of the national anthem in place of "Brave"?  Idiot, I hope forever!

Anyway, still like tourney time.  Heck, I had a dream last night I dyed the gray out of my hair and (somehow miraculously grew it out) and went to work sporting some hellacious hockey hair!

::hysterical::

A-Bracket:

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showXMLbrackets.asp?tournid=2820&bracket=7070

Nice to see TRF move on, Breck going to be tough, as is Hermantown.

AA-Bracket:

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showXMLbrackets.asp?tournid=2820&bracket=7071

Stillwater on a dream run, cake-eaters at Wayzata will be tough though.  Eden Prairie is rolling, nice to see Trent Klatt's Grand Rapids team survive OT vs Bemidji, sucks that the two northern teams had to face each other early, but all match ups would have been tough, would like to see GR take EP, but EP with Mittelstadt (Gopher bound) and Graham (Notre Dame bound) will be tough to beat.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:45:45 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
Re: I still like watching tournament hockey
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 01:35:48 PM »
I agree.  I grew up in a prime hockey area in the NW U P of Michigan and had a whale of a hockey team while in college.  I'm still enjoying seeing good hockey being played at any level.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: I still like watching tournament hockey
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 07:19:48 PM »
Hermantown winning A title not a surprise, Wayzata beating Eden Prairie a little surprising, but not when you see the run they had through their section and play in the tourney and the final would have been just a goal if not for an emptynet talley.  Watching Wild now, they are playing better under new coach Torchetti.  Soon college playoffs will start and then NHL playoffs, the high school tourney starts a nice run of hockey action.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.