Author Topic: Great Britain Votes to LEAVE EU: Cameron intends to resign!  (Read 141337 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Big news in the UK:   its leaving the EU!

Cameron intends to resign after Britain votes to leave European Union

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/06/24/cameron-intends-to-resign-after-britain-votes-to-leave-european-union.html?intc

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Great Britain Votes to LEAVE EU: Cameron intends to resign!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 05:13:22 AM »
Let freedom ring!

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 07:51:13 AM »
From Breitbart:

Obama’s advice may have pushed some voters to “leave.” In April, he warned British voters they would be at the “back of the queue” in trade with the U.S. if they left the EU. Some, like Andrew Roberts, took offense, writing in the Wall Street Journal:

Surely—surely—this is an issue on which the British people, and they alone, have the right to decide, without the intervention of President Obama, who adopted his haughtiest professorial manner when lecturing us to stay in the EU, before making the naked threat that we would be sent “to the back of the queue” (i.e., the back of the line) in any future trade deals if we had the temerity to vote to leave.

Was my country at the back of the line when Winston Churchill promised in 1941 that in the event of a Japanese attack on the U.S., a British declaration of war on Japan would be made within the hour?

Translation: "Eff off, wanker! You little Muslim dictators think you own the whole world?"
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 08:35:10 AM »
Yeah, I am not sure this is really cause for celebration

1)  The resolution is non-binding on Parliament and the process of leaving is expected to take two years if it goes properly. .  Oops, got dragged out to 10 years , and not we really haven't done anything meaningful to leave yet. We just let Soros and friends beat the crap of our our currency to punish you plebeians for thinking you had a right to reject our enlightened will. That is what Obama meant by "back of the line" - Of course that assumes there is still a EU market to lord over them...

2) Others want out ( http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/23/the-brexit-contagion-how-france-italy-and-the-netherlands-now-wa/)  - having seen the plague of Muslim invaders that the elites have seen fit to unleash upon  them and their cultures,  many of the plebs in Europe want thier own ways out.  I  was talking to a friend in Ireland, making fun of the Pro-Muslim stance of Europe and how liberalized and stupid Europeans must be, and he informed me, that in his circles at least, there is a huge amount of anger not being reported. ( so no Europe is not as dead as it might seem)  However, having allowed themselves t obe disarmed,  protracted civil wars in these countries are unlikely.

3)  I find it hard to believe that this was a far election ( rumors of erased pencil marks etc)  so we must come to one of two conclusions.  a) The margin of cheat was exceeded and the powers that be couldn't control the result ( which begs the question where else is their power waning)  b)  The powers that be wanted this result to throw Europe in to Chaos, and this was the means to do it. Its entirely possible that the elite have determined that this is the best time for the collapse and will no longer attempt to drag it out.
Gold is already up $70, breaking through $1300  for the first time in a long while. ( According to Kitco,  you should add another $30 for dollar strength - there is a lot of (panic) buying going on... Brexit was NOT priced in already)   I personally thought there was ZERO  chance of this referendum being allowed to vote exit,  and I tink a lot of others felt the same.  Its going to be a wild ride .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 08:46:35 AM »
France does and doesn't surprise me...they are a mixed bag...thinking they are still somebody to respect and not Germany's toy poodle...but the Musloid threat has awakened some.

Italy is a basket case and hard to see anybody caring if they left, probably would like to see the rest of the pigs go away too.

Netherlands?  Who cares?

I'd be watching the Eastern European nations, they know what life under tyranny and a sh*t economy was like, at some point they might want to form their own federation free of the EU and Russia.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 08:52:47 AM »
It would be a wonderful thing to watch this grand experiment in liberal utopism crumble to dust, and for things to become contentious enough that the traditional Caucasian Europeans crush Scuzlam within their borders. Do it now, while you still can. Send them back to their hell-holes, and kill the ones who won't leave. Destroy every mosque.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 08:54:52 AM »
France does and doesn't surprise me...they are a mixed bag...thinking they are still somebody to respect and not Germany's toy poodle...but the Musloid threat has awakened some.

Italy is a basket case and hard to see anybody caring if they left, probably would like to see the rest of the pigs go away too.

Netherlands?  Who cares?

I'd be watching the Eastern European nations, they know what life under tyranny and a sh*t economy was like, at some point they might want to form their own federation free of the EU and Russia.

I really think they were trying hard to hold this together. Look at the deals they kept giving Greece. They wanted very much to avoid any sort of precedent for leaving.
Like I said - this is either a controlled implosion by the elite,  or  Europe is finally waking up and rejecting "enlightened leadership"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 09:30:32 AM »
Yeah, I am not sure this is really cause for celebration

1)  The resolution is non-binding on Parliament and the process of leaving is expected to take two years if it goes properly. .  Oops, got dragged out to 10 years , and not we really haven't done anything meaningful to leave yet. We just let Soros and friends beat the crap of our our currency to punish you plebeians for thinking you had a right to reject our enlightened will. That is what Obama meant by "back of the line" - Of course that assumes there is still a EU market to lord over them...

Oh it absolutely is cause for celebration.  No, it's not the winning of a war, but it's the winning of an important battle early on in the war.  The British government and EU outright rejecting the will of the British voters, or dragging out the process in a punitive manner, would be an absolutely ideal outcome -- it would force the tyrants into peeling off more of their mask in front of the entire world.

We need to learn how to accept when things go our way.  This is a blow to the globalists no matter what happens next.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 09:58:04 AM »
Yeah, the fun is just starting...the exercise is well worth having.   ::popcorn::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 10:15:09 AM »

Note to self: visit Belgium

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 10:26:04 AM »
The British government and EU outright rejecting the will of the British voters, or dragging out the process in a punitive manner, would be an absolutely ideal outcome -- it would force the tyrants into peeling off more of their mask in front of the entire world.

I don't necessarily disagree with that logic,  but  if that is the logic to apply then Hillary 2016.
The more that mask drops, the closer we ( and Europe)  come to all out civil war.   I think we can agree that such an outcome is probably necessary,  but I can't join in celebrating it. Its going to be nasty and bloody.  And you have to assume tat the globalists were trying to avoid that outcome. They might not be. They might very well be of the opinion that the west, and its cultural ideas, need to be destroyed  in order to advance their agenda. Balkanization and Civil War leaves a nation unable to respond to outside threats effectively if such arise.   

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:30:05 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 10:45:11 AM »
And here is the dollar exposure via Swaps. ..

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-24/here-comes-yellen-fed-monitoring-financial-markets-ready-provide-liquidity-swap-line
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-24/worse-lehman-european-bank-bloodbath-sparks-dollar-funding-crisis

This could black swan very easily. Especially if its really true that the European Elites really suffered a defeat with Brexit instead of following a plan.
Even if it doesn't lead to immediate collapse ( I am sure Yellen will print more to prevent it)  its going to be another accelerator on the the money printing to keep everything appearing solvent.  What can't go on forever, won't.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 11:26:56 AM »
The British government and EU outright rejecting the will of the British voters, or dragging out the process in a punitive manner, would be an absolutely ideal outcome -- it would force the tyrants into peeling off more of their mask in front of the entire world.

I don't necessarily disagree with that logic,  but  if that is the logic to apply then Hillary 2016.
The more that mask drops, the closer we ( and Europe)  come to all out civil war.   I think we can agree that such an outcome is probably necessary,  but I can't join in celebrating it. Its going to be nasty and bloody.  And you have to assume tat the globalists were trying to avoid that outcome. They might not be. They might very well be of the opinion that the west, and its cultural ideas, need to be destroyed  in order to advance their agenda. Balkanization and Civil War leaves a nation unable to respond to outside threats effectively if such arise.

I like working it the other way though...annoy the statist progs by throwing people they loath the most and the ideas they loath the most at them...

But hey, I like to break sh*t and watch mayhem ensue too, so really I cannot lose.   :D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 11:28:29 AM »
And here is the dollar exposure via Swaps. ..

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-24/here-comes-yellen-fed-monitoring-financial-markets-ready-provide-liquidity-swap-line
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-24/worse-lehman-european-bank-bloodbath-sparks-dollar-funding-crisis

This could black swan very easily. Especially if its really true that the European Elites really suffered a defeat with Brexit instead of following a plan.
Even if it doesn't lead to immediate collapse ( I am sure Yellen will print more to prevent it)  its going to be another accelerator on the the money printing to keep everything appearing solvent.  What can't go on forever, won't.

As long as bullsh*t sells instead of smells...the circus will stay in town.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 01:11:40 PM »
City Mice vs. the Country Mice

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/londoners-call-capital-break-away-8276156

Yeah that's rich isn't it?  Funny how the urban hives can politically dominate entire countries, and that's just fine, but as soon as it switches the other way it becomes "holding hostage" and so on.

- Yours Truly

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 02:02:32 PM »
City Mice vs. the Country Mice

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/londoners-call-capital-break-away-8276156

Yeah that's rich isn't it?  Funny how the urban hives can politically dominate entire countries, and that's just fine, but as soon as it switches the other way it becomes "holding hostage" and so on.

Funny how that is.    The last couple of weeks, these same jokers were talking how leaving would cause chaos.   And we will protect you from that by voting to stay in.   

NEVER mind the chaos that occurred over the years of being IN the EU.   They didn't care about the chaos then when it was incoming. 

I got to hand it to the Brits,  I thought they had no chance in h*ll of winning this election.    I guess there are a few signs of life left in Europe.   The elite of the EU will do their best to make it as hard as possible over the next couple of years,  but it will be worth it if its seen through.   

Now if we can get Trump in instead of Hillary,  it will help out the Brits with their exit.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 07:16:47 AM »
I suspect there was another factor, besides Obama's implicit threat.  Didn't the Queen come out in favor of Brexit?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"