Author Topic: MACRA, Electronic Medical Records and your patient information  (Read 1469 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
https://krisheldmd.wordpress.com/2016/05/30/daily-dissent-8-to-proposed-cms-macra-rule/

This woman is an eye doctor in Texas who has been blogging about the nefarious goings-on via Obamacare and your so-called private patient information in an effort to control physicians in their delivery of "quality care" through cook-book medicine and financial incentives and penalties.

Read this one post at least, if you will.

I need to find another General Practitioner, which is a damn shame.  I like who I have been seeing, but she couldn't make her practice work financially since Obamacare and finally threw in with a corporate entity.  Since then, there isn't a single friggin thing I tell her that she doesn't type into the friggin laptop to which her corporate masters have access and the Feds as well, now 24x7x365.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: MACRA, Electronic Medical Records and your patient information
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 04:42:45 PM »
I was introduced to the medical system here through a sore throat that wouldn't go away.  Yep, infection.  Went to a (private) clinic, saw the doc within 10 minutes, poked around my throat with a couple of instruments, prescribed my some anti-biotics, and suggested I follow up at a (again, private) hospital for a more detailed test.  No questions about guns or beating up on my wife, just a one on one about what was bothering me.

The sore throat is completely gone.  If I follow up with the more detailed test, tomorrow, I will be out a little over $200, all in.  Life is good.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 05:10:28 PM »
Glad to know life is good for you, 'Hawk.   ::grouphug::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 12:51:51 PM »
Electronic medical records were designed under the auspices of "better patient care" but is in fact no different from IRS disclosures designed to give government more data to better control you, and healthcare providers were incentives through "meaningful use" to adopt them. Be very careful the info you give and do not offer anything sounding remotely like mental illness and limit it to specific physical ailment affecting just yourself!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.